Soul Calibur Series (1 Viewer)

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
I'm REALLY liking Pyrrha from seeing the Comic-Con footage (and I mean this as also a means of wanting to learn to play her). I see in her what I sorta see in Talim in being sorta the timid, young girl that seems to have a lot of combos. Oh, and by the way, here's a video of the game as it is.

‪SoulCalibur V Comic-Con 2011 Stage Demo (PS3, Xbox 360)‬‏ - YouTube

It looks like everything that I like from SCIV will be in V... and although it's Ivy (a character I'm not really a fan of... and of course, the obvious commentary), at 12:10, you'll get a nice 'view' of her, if you guys know what I mean... also 12:44 too

P

PhoDacBiet

IMO she looks better than Taki ; she has exposed legs which is something I always felt Taki lacked, while she doesn't have those abnormally huge boobs. Her overall appearence (especially her hairstyle) seems to indicate she's a bit less serious a character as Taki was which would be an interesting angle, but we'll have to wait and see to know for sure.

No one will ever replace Taki in my heart!

But I am with you, as far as Taki's costume is concerned. I like the bare legs. Now if they can do something about getting rid of, say, Natsu's sleeves as well...

I never, ever liked Taki's default, skintight suit. I have always preferred her alternate 2P costume, since Soul Calibur II. SC4 had an ok one. I thought the absolute peak her costume design was her SC3 2P costume.

(Sadly, there just aren't enough images of it on the interwebs.)

takiDanielMacGregor.jpg

It's got everything I look for in a kunoichi: exposed (sorta) arms, bare legs, a "skirt" / loin cloth bottom, some exposed cleavage, a headband, and side bangs. Mmmm...

nine

Ryonani Teamster
Personnaly i prefer the two newbies. Natsu is more younger than taki was in SC IV, is bare leg and don(t have the abmormal boobies. Pyrrha look like a good mix between cassandra and sophitia.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, even though I'm someone who enjoys some good video game breasts, I actually really like Natsu's more realistic proportions. Taki is a fine lady, but I almost feel like the big boobs were a result of them not being able to properly render realistic human beings back in the early days of 3D games (see also: Croft, Lara). Now that programmers can be more fine with their details it's nice to see them putting those skills to good use.

And Ivy's slightly less revealing new costume is great!

One question though: Uh, how old are these new girls exactly?

nine

Ryonani Teamster
Well it's seems a plot in SCIV has keep Ivy from aging (so she is locked at 32).
Pyhrra is 20
Natsu is 17
Tira is 34 (but urgh, what with that face? I hope her P2 is more beautiful)
Hilde is returning and is 35 (But i don't see much difference with SCIV where she was 18)
Leixia is a new character. She is the daughter of xianghua and is 15. (Yeah loli FTW \o/)

For more information (and pictures) see the soulcalibur wikia.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Although it will take some getting used to, it was about time they gave Tira a half-decent costume, especially after that horrendous eye-cancer she wore in SC4. I wonder how different her moveset will be considering how she has apparently matured by now..

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
was happy to see hilde back. That girl was awesome. Sope's daughter is pretty cute. Also I never liked Ivy. His out fit never made sennse and he ju...wait not sure why I say he. Ok look at his face, that is a man's face. The purple attire? Oh thoses are melted purple hearts. Yep Ivy is John Kerry! Have fun with that image.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakkar

Potential Patron
Honestly it really looks like they just took the Taki costume, hacked off the leg spandex and gave her light colored hair. Tira and Ivy look almost identical to me, and Pyrrha looks like they crossed Sophitia and Cassandra into one character.

Although I'm a bit disappointed with that because Sophitia looked way better. It's like they replaced Cassandra and not Sophitia, which I don't think many are going to be happy about. And the Pyrrha kinda sucks compared to Cassandra's look too.

I am really digging the Natsu look though.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
I never liked Sophitia and liked Cassandra so I like Pyrrha's design. No Ivy looks like a man and Tira doesn't. They just both have white hair. Also Not big on Taki's replacement but then again I never liked Taki either and this girl's body type makes more sense for...you know JUMPING AROUND LIKE A MAD WOMAN. Seriously why has Taki not broken her back

Deleted member 158

Ryonani Teamster
she's hands down my favorite in Soul Calibur. Sadly it looks like she won't be in the next game because it takes place 17 years chronologically. So either Taki will be 50 in some conservative outfit or she won't be in the game at all. Hopefully some ninja that was trained by Taki is in the game or something, with the same outfit. ;p

i send a e-mail to namco about that lol

taki NEED to stay in Soul Calibur series.

x_countryguy

Potential Patron
So are they keeping the armor destruction thing? That was the highlight to SC4 to me. Otherwise I felt that game to be pretty lacking.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
New female character!

New video from TGS 2011. 2 more characters are confirmed, one of them is a new girl.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Can't say the new characters look all that impressive to me. They just seem to lack the visual appeal of the original cast. I love the concept of it being 17 years later, but I get the feeling from initial looks this is just going to be the same as SC 4. I've found personally the SC games have got worse and worse over the titles, taking out the more impressive features as its went on such as the quest modes I used to really enjoy for a very lackluster tower challenge. My highlight of SC 4 was the solid create a character mode, as you could make very legit looking characters that fit in graphically with the SC cast. Too many create a character modes in games just look cheap compared to the highly rendered cast of their games, making them look out of place, but SC 4 had it spot on... even managed to make my character Eclipse :D

Whilst ryona wise the game might still be top notch, is there going to be anything vastly different from the previous title brought in?

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Meh personally the quest mode was just filler. It had some interesting match conditions but really that was it. I liked SC3's extra modes but really all I do when I play the SC games or any fighter is play the fighting game parts. The mini games are just a distraction and honestly I think the combat in SC has gotten better as time has gone by.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
DamPierre rapist is finally included in console version in SC5.

Just to reiterate to those who wanna get the epic DamPierre in their SCV roster, I hear you can only get him by pre-order the game. Sounds a bit iffy since he's now a recurring character in the series, but still, just wanted to throw that tidbit out there. Game comes out quickly too (January 31st 2012 for guys in the US, Februrary 3rd in Europe. Honestly, I can't wait for it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.