Soul Calibur Series (1 Viewer)

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
2) How do I do a critical finish attack? Pressing the buttons manual shows only makes my character taunt :(
3) How can I get other character to be invisible?
4) In some combos, description says during counterattack, but when the game shows demo of the attack, pc does no counterattack. How can I pull this kind of move on my own? I have two controllers if that helps.
2.) The other character has to block your attacks until his/her Soul Gauge has to be completely depleted, then at a certain point you'll break a part of their armor. Press all buttons (Block+Kick+VSlash+HSlash) during that animation and your character will perform their critical finisher. You can set up a single button to emulate all four buttons.
3.) During Training mode you cannot finish the other character off beside a critical finisher or a ring-out.
4.) I have played SC4 only a few times, but during training you should be able to set up some attack pattern for the opponent; let him use a relatively slot attack and try to counter that.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
5) Do you have any tips how I could make counterattacks in video? If I let pc attack me, it gets up from the ground immediately? Do I need second player to attack me or can I do this with 2 controllers?
6) Do you have any other helpfull tips?

5) Counters are attacks that hit when your opponent is either trying to do an attack or trying to step/8 way run. There should be a setting in the options during training to set the opponent to be in certain counters.

6) I'm assuming you know how to change the languages, but just in case it's in the options in the main menu. Both the Japanese and English language have their own sets of voices and moans. I'm not sure if both sets of languages are available outside of the U.S. and Japan, however.

onlinehero

Casual Client
ok thanks for the info. now i only have to find how to get character invisible.
btw i really love recording sc4! it's sooo easy since i can totally control the camera. :)

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Soul Calibur 5 E3 Trailer

Show Sophitia's son and daughter. And Shin Shoryuken!!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Barrim

1) No, only critical finishes.
2) Make a soul brake (make enemy block you untill it has it ball next to it name brake) and then press the buttons.
3) Buy insibility on customise character.
4) and 5) Some attacks begin when attacked the right way. I like Amy counterattack move. All characters had Soul Counter. (Forward + Defense) against middle attacks.
6) This game is defense based. Countering opponents moves is the best way to win.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Apparently from what this thread says, Sophitia is dead. No way to confirm this yet, but seeing as how her children are appearing in the game I'd assume that it's not so farfetched. Not very shocking to be honest if you consider the change from Tekken 2-3 killed off a lot of Tekken 2 characters.

I just have to wonder why Mitsurugi wasn't killed off too. I like the idea of samurai but I'd rather play as a young and brash samurai-type, not some old stingy dude.

Oh well. Can't wait to see what other characters they'll release. So far, the only female character leaves me unimpressed.

The good news is, Ivy has been confirmed.

Mardion

Potential Patron
17 years later... looks like they're a tad serious about giving the character roster a makeover. Let's see how the veteran characters will look like now (I'm not ruling out them looking exactly the same!) and what the new characters will be like. The trailer wasn't very impressive, but a couple of the new moves seemed awesome.

POSSIBLE PLOT LEAK/SAD NEWS!

Oh please no, I'm going to tear up if Sophitia is officially confirmed to be dead. I effing grew up with her, choosing her first for every game's Story Mode, going through all that trouble to unlock her costume in the original SoulBlade/Edge, never losing a match against any of my friends when using her (except in SC3) ,showing her moves off to people who didn't know the game, even naming my first MMORPG character after her... and that's without even mentioning the ryona thrills I got when she performed her grabs on my characters! I so hope this is another rumour that turns out to be false X_X

R

ryo18

@onlinehero iirc there is an option in traning mode to make it so you can instantly critical finish.

onlinehero

Casual Client
well i found the game to be ultimate lameness when it comes to ryona, but thanks for all who helped anyway.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Really? What turned you off to it?

I guess moves were too lame. Maybe I was expecting too much and hoping that the game would be similar to Tekken 6, which it isn't.

EDIT: I probably will be making some vids, but less than originally had planned.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

blackandwhite

Ivy news

Apparently she's stopped aging during the period between SC4 and SC5. So her clothes might remain the same.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Ivy news
Apparently she's stopped aging during the period between SC4 and SC5. So her clothes might remain the same.

Why do I have a feeling that this story element will be repeated for a lot more characters?

I guess moves were too lame.

Are you sure you checked out enough of the moves? Because you've got a game where a hot blonde with a miniskirt jumps on her opponent's shoulders and cracks her necks using her legs before thrusting them to the ground , or places her opponent's head high between her legs wiggling her butt on her face then jumps with her into the air and facesits her onto the ground, a game where a huge monstrous dude performs a powerful bearhug crushing the girl's spine and breath together, or twists her body around his standing axe before pushing her head onto the ground thereby breaking half of her bones in one move, a game where a leather-clad girl with high boots&heels pushes her opponent down on all fours, places her high heel on her back and pushes her head up with her whip-like weapon and strangles them fiercely, or majestically sits on her opponent's back while holding her arm before pushing it back and ruthlessly pulls it out of her socket, or a ninja girl who catches her opponent's head with her leg between her thigh and calf before slicing her head , or explodes her into the air then jumps after her, grabs her from the legs and smashes her onto the ground in a painful boston crab... which one of those example moves can be considered lame?

onlinehero

Casual Client
Why do I have a feeling that this story element will be repeated for a lot more characters?

Are you sure you checked out enough of the moves? Because you've got a game where a hot blonde with a miniskirt jumps on her opponent's shoulders and cracks her necks using her legs before thrusting them to the ground , or places her opponent's head high between her legs wiggling her butt on her face then jumps with her into the air and facesits her onto the ground, a game where a huge monstrous dude performs a powerful bearhug crushing the girl's spine and breath together, or twists her body around his standing axe before pushing her head onto the ground thereby breaking half of her bones in one move, a game where a leather-clad girl with high boots&heels pushes her opponent down on all fours, places her high heel on her back and pushes her head up with her whip-like weapon and strangles them fiercely, or majestically sits on her opponent's back while holding her arm before pushing it back and ruthlessly pulls it out of her socket, or a ninja girl who catches her opponent's head with her leg between her thigh and calf before slicing her head , or explodes her into the air then jumps after her, grabs her from the legs and smashes her onto the ground in a painful boston crab... which one of those example moves can be considered lame?

What's character is the ninja girl? Taki? I used Cervantes and that black dude with difficult name, since you know I originally had planned to record every move from every character. Now I think I'm going to record just Ivy, Astaroth, Sophitia, Tira and maybe Talim.

Mardion

Potential Patron
What's character is the ninja girl? Taki?

Yup.

I used Cervantes and that black dude with difficult name.

That explains it, those ones indeed have some lame grabs (excluding the "black dude" 's back grab, which is almost an exact copy of Ivy's back grab anyway). Try out some other characters and you'll realise that there are many moves&grabs that are simply awesome. Three of those you mentioned (Ivy, Astaroth, Sophitia) fit that bill perfectly, while Talim and Tira are pretty much hit&miss. Taki, Seung Mina, Mitsurugi and Voldo also have some moves which are hard to just pass by. Give this game a decent chance, you won't regret it!

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
By the way Mardion, it has been speculated that Sophitia will return as the new Nightmare. While she's all but been confirmed to be dead she might be in the new game in a new form. I don't know if that's good news or not...

Mardion

Potential Patron
By the way Mardion, it has been speculated that Sophitia will return as the new Nightmare. While she's all but been confirmed to be dead she might be in the new game in a new form. I don't know if that's good news or not...

Even though it's just a rumour... WTF??? I hope the developers won't prove to be as cruel as that, seeing the always pure&noble Sophitia like that would be 1000 times worse than Liu Kang's return as a zombie! I know that this sort of tragedy would probably benefit the game's new storyline, but still...

At least I can hope that if that's true, her regular character might still be playable in the game as a hidden character ; maybe when her children finish story mode they will return her to her normal self or something along the lines of Heihachi in Tekken 5.

Anyway, I'll be even more anxious to hear official word about this now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.