Skin color slider assistance sought (1 Viewer)

Sir Repticious

Potential Patron
So, yeah, exactly what it says on the tin.

I'm having some problems working the slider for skin colour for anything other than the bare minimum of deviations from the standard skin tones.

Really, what I'm asking is purely: Does anyone know roughly whereabouts the slider numbers should be if I wanted to go for A) A somewhat middle-eastern-y tone, and B) An East Asian tone.

If anyone can figure out how those sliders work, I'd be very thankful.

SkyHeart

Casual Client
Well, it's pretty hard to give exact numbers,
1) cause I don't know them
2) cause those sliders apply values onto an already selected color palette
3) cause none of the sliders have the exact values of normal hsl color sliders
but.. and take this with a grain of salt, here's what I found from a bit of playing around with them:

Using this site: HSL Color Picker - by Brandon Mathis as a base for the hue(H) slider, I found that

1)
  • SDT's H = 0 is about 27 on the normal H slider (The orange on the left)
  • SDT's H = 180 AND -180 is about 180 on the normal H slider ( The bright blue in the middle )
    • That means that going to the right in SDT ( towards 180 ) will give you:
      • More intense oranges
      • The reds from the start and end of the normal slider
      • And than the pinks, purples and blues
      • Ending with the bright blue at 180
    • And by going to the left in SDT ( towards -180 ) will give you:
      • Less intense oranges
      • The greens and yellows
      • Ending with the same bright blue at -180
2) The saturation(S) slider seems like it's the same, with only a few difference: The normal slider seems to be multiplied by 2 and then the result stretched up to make a 1 to 400 value slider as such:
  • 1 (normal) = 4 (SDT) <=> 100 (normal) = 400 (SDT)
  • 25(normal) = 50 (SDT)
3) Now light(L) is kinda weird, by doing a lot of rgb comparisons, I've found that for default SDT light skin 100 light (SDT) = 83 light (Normal) but how those values change is relation to one another is unclear to me, seems like it's been multiplied by 2 and then just added more inesnse wihtes for values over 200
4) For the color slider... I haven't found a set of sliders that take color into consideration so I can't say anything about it.. I suggest leaving it alone

All the values mentioned above are for the tone of said color that is present on her shoulders and the side of her body as the colors from the edges seem to be the same color with less light

What I would suggest is:
  1. Go into SDT and reset all the hslc values to 0,100,100,100
  2. Find a picture with the skin tone you want
  3. Use a photo rgb picker to get the exact rgb out of it
  4. Use a rgb to hsl converter
  5. Go to the link I gave u above and copy the hue, saturation and light into the sliders
  6. Go to SDT and choose the base of your skin, light, plale or dark ( Do not try to obtain these by changing the light slider )
  7. Match the hue first using the info above
  8. Then try to match the saturation by multipling by 4 and then decreasing the slider until you get the correct value
  9. Try to match the light only by increasing it
    • For dark skin tones, try to decrease the saturation as you increase the light
    • Light skin tones will get darker as you increase saturation, decreasing light, escpecially for these, is a bad idea, the pale skin tone looks like a dead person under 90 light
    • If you're looking for more yellow-ish skin tones in SDT hue from -30 to 0 is yellow, play around those values
Hope this helps in some way, I was able to get a few good results using this. Good luck!

PS: Some referance values maybe these help if you can't find a picture of the skin type you want, just pick one of these and play around with the sliders in the link:
  • SDT's default light skin has aprox. 83 light and 37 saturation, 27 hue
  • SDT's default pale skin has aprox. 88 light and 33 saturation, 27 hue
  • SDT's default dark skin has aprox. 37 light and 35 saturation, 27 hue

RGB from photo:
  • I used "paint.net"
  • An online solution that doesn't need downloading is: Image Color Picker
  • I have no Idea if normal paint works
RGB to HSL: RGB to HSL converter | color conversion

Last edited:

Nunya

Vivacious Visitor
I see this thread is fairly older, but I "came" across it today while struggling with same issues trying to match up a skin color. It's frustrated me for quite some time that the HSLC code isn't EVEN CLOSE to anything. I tried your methodology you outlined above (thank god the link to the HSL color matcher still worked!) and it worked like a charm! Closer than I've ever gotten without spending 30 damned minutes doing it! BIG BIG thanks that you posted this. Now, if you really wanna have some fun, try figuring out how the hex code for cum color in the settings.txt file works! Move it just slightly and he cums coffee!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.