Disassociating body mod from body rgb sliders (1 Viewer)

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Hi,

I would like to be able to make body mods that aren't altered by the "Her Skin" slider under the custom tab since that's inappropriate for some body mods.

A figurative tattoo should still be depicting the same thing regardless of skin colour. Another example is a mod I'm working on that just adds some shading for more muscle tone. In that case it's already altered by the Her Skin slider by the fact that the alpha value is 7%. Furthermore some body mods have to use other templates in addition to the body mod template since that doesn't cover the face and neck. If you do that and Her Skin only alters part of the mod it looks really weird obviously.

I suspect it can be done with action script somehow. Does anyone know how to do it? I'm using sby's template but I'll include the code here anyway.
Code:
import SDTMods.*;
import flash.display.Loader;

registerMod(elementalbody);  
registerMod(elementalhead);

charData = "";

modName = "";
modCreator = "anon";

Code:
import SDTMods.*;

var modType:String = ModTypes.BODY;

var overwrite:Boolean = false;

I'm also wondering if the same thing is possible for Him mods.
Code:
function initl(l)
{
        l.g.inGameMenu.loadData("");

l.loadCustomFull(new hisfootl(),".|Him.leftLegCostume.calf.foot","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new hisfootr(),".|Him.rightLegCostume.calf.foot","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new hiscalfl(),".|Him.leftLegCostume.calf","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new hiscalfr(),".|Him.rightLegCostume.calf","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new histhighl(),".|Him.leftLegCostume","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new histhighr,".|Him.rightLegCostume","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new historso,".|Him.torsoLayer.torso","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new pantstop,".|Him.midLayer.hips","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    var hupperarm = new hisupperarm();
    hupperarm.rotation = -90;
    l.him.armContainer.arm.upperArm.addChild(hupperarm);
    l.registerToRemove(hupperarm);
    var hforearm = new hisforearm();
    l.him.armContainer.arm.lowerArm.addChild(hforearm);
    l.registerToRemove(hforearm);
    var hhand = new hishand();
    l.him.armContainer.arm.hand.addChild(hhand);
    l.registerToRemove(hhand);
    var hupperarml = new hisupperarml();
    l.him.leftArmContainer.arm.addChild(hupperarml);
    l.registerToRemove(hupperarml);
    var hforearml = new hisforearml();
    l.him.leftArmContainer.arm.foreArm.addChild(hforearml);
    l.registerToRemove(hforearml);
    var hhandl = new hishandl();
    l.him.leftArmContainer.arm.foreArm.hand.addChild(hhandl);
    l.registerToRemove(hhandl);
    var penis = new hispenis();
    l.him.penis.addChildAt(penis,l.him.penis.getChildIndex(l.him.penis.getChildAt(0))+1);
    l.unloadMod();
    l.him.leftLeg.calf.visible=false;
    l.him.rightLeg.calf.visible=false;
}

Can anyone help?

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
For compatibility with actual clothing mods. Tattoos on the arms should be compatible with tops for example. Most mods have overwrite set to true. The ones that don't come with their own set of complications. In that particular case maybe you could work around it by releasing one Top version and one Armwear version of the tattoo. That still wouldn't work with a top and gloves for instance even though it should. What's worse is that it would require tinkering and remembering things or keeping notes by the user. Ideally I would like my mods to just work as intended without the user having to worry about anything. While that won't always be possible I suspect it might be in this case.

With the HIM mods it's not even an issue of compatibility since one should ideally be able to alter skin tone without changing the colour of the clothes.

ds14048

Content Creator
I myself do not know. The only people that I can think of are sby sby and Faceless Faceless .
I also prefer to use the body template myself because of her left shoulder and chest. I recently re released my D.Va mod as a top, bottoms, armwear, cuffs and collar because of this issue.

Faceless

Content Creator
DigitalSmutExports DigitalSmutExports In that case, you're probably better off not using the vanilla components at all, because the whole point of them is to automatically flag everything to be transformed simultaneously.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
The reason I prefer vanilla mods is their moreclothing compatibility and clean loading / unloading. Those two things gives one a freedom to tinker and try combining mods in different ways without it being a project to do so.

I understand that means some limitations but just so that others who read this know: I'm still interested in code that does this if it's possible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.