Shift + Click to make chlothings disappear (1 Viewer)

Tony45

Vivacious Visitor
I'm at a lost !
This question must have already been answered but i cannot, for the life of me, figure out what to type in the search bar to find it...

We (most of us) know that we can "Shift + Click" on an item to make him vanish, which is pretty useful for stripping your character down without going in the menu.

However, i find it not working with some hair, whether they're .png or .swf and i can't figure out why.
Note that this MAY not be true with char folders, at least it always worked with mine !

stuntcock

Content Creator
However, i find it not working with some hair, whether they're .png or .swf and i can't figure out why.
Shift+Click sets the associated selector to "None".

If you're using a vanilla piece of clothing (such as Leather cuffs) or a SWF mod loaded via Character Folder then that mod's name will appear in its selector control. This will also occur if you're using the "Swf mod..." button with the vanilla game (SDT.swf) or if you're loading the item via sby's moreClothing mod. Shift+Click will reset the selector to "None" and cause the item to vanish.

If you're using the "Swf mod..." button with Loader.swf then the item's name will not appear in any selector control. Shift+Click cannot make the item vanish; you'll need to click the ⤺ icon (or Reset the whole scene, or load a similar SWF clothing item which replaces the first one) in order to remove the unwanted item.

You can also use Shift+Click to toggle the visibility of hair strands, but this capability is optional and some hair-modders choose to disable it. Hence, it's most relevant when you're dealing with one of @Konashion's vanilla hairstyles -- because he included toggleable strands with each of his dynamic hairstyles (and most of his static hairstyles as well).

Tony45

Vivacious Visitor
Thanks for this interesting piece of info but it's not what i wanted or at least i did not understand how this was helpful for my problem.
It was very useful though !

What i meant was:

if you put clothings, let's say we have a girl with: plateform shoes, a jean and a shirt (all taken from moreclothing mod = all .swf mods.)
the "bug" i have is that i can remove every piece of clothings as it should, but not with every Hair mods (which are also all in the moreclothing mod folder)
I can remove them with some hair mods, but it just doesn't work with some others !

sby

Content Creator
Coder
oh, so you are able to remove clothing when specific hairs are selected, but not when others are selected?

this is most likely static hair draw boxes covering up stuff. seems to happen with large picture size hairs with and without hairlayerpatch.
i'll see if i can add the needed changes to hairlayerpatch, moreclothing will probably need the same tweak.

so i tried some stuff, couldn't get it to work. it is something dealing with the hairoverlayer, and how the static hairs (as a bitmap) are added to it. i tried mouseEnabled = false, mouseChildren = false. only thing that seems to allow clicking through is making it visible = false xD.
i did try to make hairs be imported and their bitmap applied to a sprite through
var sprite = new Sprite();
sprite.graphics.addbitmap something something

it went through and i could click, but i also couldn't see the tops of the hairs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.