SDTL - A Launcher for SDT (2 Viewers)

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
I'm trying to build this and I'm getting a bunch of errors.

What I did:

I copied the source code and ran npm install inside the SDTL2-source folder

output:

Code:
PS C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\UDT IDE 2020\SDTL2-source> npm install
npm WARN deprecated gulp-util@3.0.8: gulp-util is deprecated - replace it, following the guidelines at https://medium.com/gulpjs/gulp-util-ca3b1f9f9ac5
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@2.0.10: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated natives@1.1.6: This module relies on Node.js's internals and will break at some point. Do not use it, and update to graceful-fs@4.x.
npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated chokidar@2.1.8: Chokidar 2 will break on node v14+. Upgrade to chokidar 3 with 15x less dependencies.
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.2.14: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated resolve-url@0.2.1: https://github.com/lydell/resolve-url#deprecated
npm WARN deprecated urix@0.1.0: Please see https://github.com/lydell/urix#deprecated
npm WARN deprecated fsevents@1.2.13: fsevents 1 will break on node v14+ and could be using insecure binaries. Upgrade to fsevents 2.
npm WARN deprecated graceful-fs@1.2.3: please upgrade to graceful-fs 4 for compatibility with current and future versions of Node.js

> electron@3.0.9 postinstall C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\UDT IDE 2020\SDTL2-source\node_modules\electron
> node install.js

npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
npm WARN notsup Unsupported engine for watchpack-chokidar2@2.0.0: wanted: {"node":"<8.10.0"} (current: {"node":"14.14.0","npm":"6.14.8"})
npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your version of node/npm: watchpack-chokidar2@2.0.0
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@~2.1.2 (node_modules\chokidar\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.1.3: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@^1.2.7 (node_modules\watchpack-chokidar2\node_modules\chokidar\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.13: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})
npm WARN SDTL2@0.0.1 No repository field.
npm WARN SDTL2@0.0.1 license should be a valid SPDX license expression

added 732 packages from 394 contributors and audited 734 packages in 24.016s

8 packages are looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details

found 9 vulnerabilities (3 low, 6 high)
  run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details
PS C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\UDT IDE 2020\SDTL2-source>

From what I can tell this never work and no one ever tried

some_dude

Content Creator
I'm trying to build this and I'm getting a bunch of errors.

What I did:

I copied the source code and ran npm install inside the SDTL2-source folder

output:

Code:
PS C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\UDT IDE 2020\SDTL2-source> npm install
npm WARN deprecated gulp-util@3.0.8: gulp-util is deprecated - replace it, following the guidelines at https://medium.com/gulpjs/gulp-util-ca3b1f9f9ac5
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@2.0.10: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated natives@1.1.6: This module relies on Node.js's internals and will break at some point. Do not use it, and update to graceful-fs@4.x.
npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated chokidar@2.1.8: Chokidar 2 will break on node v14+. Upgrade to chokidar 3 with 15x less dependencies.
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.2.14: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated resolve-url@0.2.1: https://github.com/lydell/resolve-url#deprecated
npm WARN deprecated urix@0.1.0: Please see https://github.com/lydell/urix#deprecated
npm WARN deprecated fsevents@1.2.13: fsevents 1 will break on node v14+ and could be using insecure binaries. Upgrade to fsevents 2.
npm WARN deprecated graceful-fs@1.2.3: please upgrade to graceful-fs 4 for compatibility with current and future versions of Node.js

> electron@3.0.9 postinstall C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\UDT IDE 2020\SDTL2-source\node_modules\electron
> node install.js

npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
npm WARN notsup Unsupported engine for watchpack-chokidar2@2.0.0: wanted: {"node":"<8.10.0"} (current: {"node":"14.14.0","npm":"6.14.8"})
npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your version of node/npm: watchpack-chokidar2@2.0.0
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@~2.1.2 (node_modules\chokidar\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.1.3: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@^1.2.7 (node_modules\watchpack-chokidar2\node_modules\chokidar\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.13: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})
npm WARN SDTL2@0.0.1 No repository field.
npm WARN SDTL2@0.0.1 license should be a valid SPDX license expression

added 732 packages from 394 contributors and audited 734 packages in 24.016s

8 packages are looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details

found 9 vulnerabilities (3 low, 6 high)
  run `npm audit fix` to fix them, or `npm audit` for details
PS C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\UDT IDE 2020\SDTL2-source>

From what I can tell this never work and no one ever tried

Trying to rebuild it, ey? It's certainly possible to do but it requires some fiddling.

I've been working on it a little bit recently and I'll see if I get around to releasing it this time

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Version 0.1.0 is now (finally) released!
Perfect timing, I just got my new PC up and running, I'll take a look

Edit: it works :)
Capture.png

Last edited:

mothseraph

Potential Patron
So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or this is a bug.

When I try to load mods with auto_character_folders set to true, the app does not appear to recognize the mods. For example, I'll click on the characters tab and click a mod and it will just open a subfolder and no other options except to go back.

However, when I disable this feature and manually create the characterfolders.txt, it will load as intended. I tested this with several of sby's mods. I simply extracted the mod contents to an individual folder in stdl2/game/mods/. From what I understand, that recognizes that folder as a "character".

Thanks.

some_dude

Content Creator
So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or this is a bug.

When I try to load mods with auto_character_folders set to true, the app does not appear to recognize the mods. For example, I'll click on the characters tab and click a mod and it will just open a subfolder and no other options except to go back.

However, when I disable this feature and manually create the characterfolders.txt, it will load as intended. I tested this with several of sby's mods. I simply extracted the mod contents to an individual folder in stdl2/game/mods/. From what I understand, that recognizes that folder as a "character".

Thanks.

Good observation!

Any folder containing at least one of the following filenames will be treated as a character (all other folders will be treated as normal folders):
"BG.png", "Char.swf", "Code.txt", "Hair.png", "Mod.mod" or "Mod.swf"

It is case-sensitive, so the first character must be upper case and the rest lower case. This doesn't seem like a good decision so I'll probably change it for the next version.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

don kloot

Content Creator
Hey everyone,

The instructions seem really straight forward and easy; however, I am still struggling to get this to work. How would I go about installing SDTL2 to work with my current loader set up which is @sby’s loaderpack?

Thanks!

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
Hello just a short question, does this work on 32bit windows? I won't be surprised if it doesn't but just feel like asking. I tried to launch it but a windows error popped up saying I can't run this application because it isn't compatible.

some_dude

Content Creator
Hello just a short question, does this work on 32bit windows? I won't be surprised if it doesn't but just feel like asking. I tried to launch it but a windows error popped up saying I can't run this application because it isn't compatible.

It can be built for 32bit, it's just that I didn't do it because I assumed no one was using it. I'll make sure to include a 32bit build in future releases! But until then you could download the source code and build it yourself. It's really simple and only takes a few minutes, there are instructions in the README (that comes with the source code).

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
It can be built for 32bit, it's just that I didn't do it because I assumed no one was using it. I'll make sure to include a 32bit build in future releases! But until then you could download the source code and build it yourself. It's really simple and only takes a few minutes, there are instructions in the README (that comes with the source code).
Oh wow thanks for the quick response, sorry for not getting back quick as it was late in the day. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look, thanks a lot. While I'm still here, asking about mods like Sby's mods for adjusting some features, do I just drop those in the "mods" folder?

some_dude

Content Creator
Oh wow thanks for the quick response, sorry for not getting back quick as it was late in the day. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look, thanks a lot. While I'm still here, asking about mods like Sby's mods for adjusting some features, do I just drop those in the "mods" folder?

That "mods" folder is intended for mods that should only be loaded when launching the game with SDTL. You should instead put the mods inside the "game/mods" folder (it doesn't exist by default so you have to create it). You can also replace the whole "game" folder with your existing SDT folder and it will load everything just as you would expect. Just make sure the "SDT.swf" and "Loader.swf" files are directly inside the "game" folder (so "game/SDT.swf" will work, but "game/SDT/SDT.swf" will not).

some_dude

Content Creator
Is there a build for OSX in the works, or will I need to somehow figure out how to do this via wineskin or the like?

It's likely that Mac and Linux builds will be released in the future since they're trivial to make. But it's likely that they will be buggy (at least initially) since I don't have any machines with either OS to do testing on. I also don't have the Flash player plugins for either of them so you would have to add it yourself (or send it to me).

No username

Potential Patron
Greetings!

I have question, regarding adding mods.

In my rating I mention it, got answer but I'm a bit clueless, because I don't HAVE $INIT$ and Mods.txt, and where should I add my mod settings into SDTL 2?

Where should I place them?

some_dude

Content Creator
Greetings!

I have question, regarding adding mods.

In my rating I mention it, got answer but I'm a bit clueless, because I don't HAVE $INIT$ and Mods.txt, and where should I add my mod settings into SDTL 2?

Where should I place them?
Hello!

The "$INIT$" folder should be inside "SDTL2/game/Mods". And "Mods.txt" should be inside the "$INIT$" folder.

I did not include those folders/files because I have unrelated mods installed there for testing purposes, and I didn't consider that it could be confusing. In future releases I'll make sure to keep the "game" folder clean and complete!

HaremFactor69

Potential Patron
Hello, I just wanna report something.
Was using loader in SDTL 2 and put in dialogueactions and moretriggers into my mod folders right. After putting those in, the game failed to load the said mods and anything after that, because I had moreclothing queued up for this.
The weird thing is, is that I tried it in a flash projector and everything works fine, and getting rid of those two mods made everything back to normal. It would be helpful to know what's the issue.

PS: Loading the mod by using the "Load SWF" button in game doesn't seem to work either, so there seems to be something janky happening.
Also currently running 32bit version of windows and SDTL2, if that helps with anything.

BiggestGuyUUUU

Potential Patron
It's likely that Mac and Linux builds will be released in the future since they're trivial to make. But it's likely that they will be buggy (at least initially) since I don't have any machines with either OS to do testing on. I also don't have the Flash player plugins for either of them so you would have to add it yourself (or send it to me).

By plug-in, do you mean the projector's Mac format? I have that, but if it's something else, I've no clue. And I'm basically coding-illiterate, so I might be totally wrong.

some_dude

Content Creator
By plug-in, do you mean the projector's Mac format? I have that, but if it's something else, I've no clue. And I'm basically coding-illiterate, so I might be totally wrong.

Basic explanation: The Flash plugin is a file that enables browsers to run Flash content (inside the browser). The Flash projector is a desktop application that can run Flash content directly (in its own window).

SDTL uses the plugin because it is basically a browser.

I might be able to get my hands on some plugin files. But if I can't I might need some help from someone with a mac

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.