SDTL - A Launcher for SDT (1 Viewer)

some_dude

Content Creator
What makes this difficult and can I help?

Adobe only distributed the Flash plugins as installers (as far as I am aware) so you need to run the installer to get the plugin file. This is a problem if you want to get the plugins for other operating systems (Linux & Mac in my case). Adobe no longer distributes the installers but some of them are still available on the Wayback Machine. It would be great if someone with Linux or Mac could run the most recent installer and send the plugin file to me.

Here are the links to the most recent installers on Wayback: Mac / Linux

I don't know where the plugin file will end up after the installation, so you will have to google it ("flash player plugin location mac" or linux ofc).

I could try to do this myself but it would be a big pain in the bum.

(EDIT: the links got mangled for some reason so I fixed them)

Venn

Potential Patron
Could I get a step-by-step (or rather, picture-by picture/screenshot-by-screenshot) guide on what to do when downloading the game? I mean, I get the steps reading them, but I'm not exactly sure if what I did was right. Like, I understand Step 1: download. That's easy. Step 2: Unzip wherever you want. Also easy. Step 3 is what confuses me. Place your SDT game folder in the SDTL2/game/ folder OR change the setting "gameFolder" -> "location" in settings.json to point to your SDT game folder. What or which SDT game folder? Where is the SDTL2/game/ folder and/or how do you edit the setting in the settings.json file?

Visual examples are easier for me to understand, so showing me would be appreciated. I am using sby's loaderpack (latest version), and as you might know, that one really only "plays" via a shortcut in the download. Am I able to put that in the game folder and then play it, or is there something else I have to do? Also, the Browse button doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

some_dude

Content Creator
Could I get a step-by-step (or rather, picture-by picture/screenshot-by-screenshot) guide on what to do when downloading the game? I mean, I get the steps reading them, but I'm not exactly sure if what I did was right. Like, I understand Step 1: download. That's easy. Step 2: Unzip wherever you want. Also easy. Step 3 is what confuses me. Place your SDT game folder in the SDTL2/game/ folder OR change the setting "gameFolder" -> "location" in settings.json to point to your SDT game folder. What or which SDT game folder? Where is the SDTL2/game/ folder and/or how do you edit the setting in the settings.json file?

Visual examples are easier for me to understand, so showing me would be appreciated. I am using sby's loaderpack (latest version), and as you might know, that one really only "plays" via a shortcut in the download. Am I able to put that in the game folder and then play it, or is there something else I have to do? Also, the Browse button doesn't seem to work.

The 3 step guide is a bit outdated. It was written for an earlier release where the "SDT.swf" and "Loader.swf" files were not bundled with SDTL2 and you hand to manually move them into the "game" folder before SDTL2 would work. I updated the page and it should be clearer now.

In your case you want to replace the folder "game" inside SDTL2 with the folder "Loader5.45" from sby's loader pack (by deleting the "game" folder and moving & renaming the "Loader5.45" folder to take its place).

In what way does the Browse button not seem to work?

Venn

Potential Patron
The 3 step guide is a bit outdated. It was written for an earlier release where the "SDT.swf" and "Loader.swf" files were not bundled with SDTL2 and you hand to manually move them into the "game" folder before SDTL2 would work. I updated the page and it should be clearer now.

In your case you want to replace the folder "game" inside SDTL2 with the folder "Loader5.45" from sby's loader pack (by deleting the "game" folder and moving & renaming the "Loader5.45" folder to take its place).

In what way does the Browse button not seem to work?
Never mind on the Browse button not working. I understand how it works now. One more thing: How do you remove or minimize the character code side-bar?

some_dude

Content Creator
Never mind on the Browse button not working. I understand how it works now. One more thing: How do you remove or minimize the character code side-bar?
You can toggle all sidebars with F2. You can find more keybindings (and edit them) in the file "SDTL2/game/Settings/Handy.json".

Sendboob

Potential Patron
Hi, SDTL2 mostly works for me, but I found that my frames were actually really bad. When strands and such are involved, it dips to below 10fps even without using mods, but frames would go back to smooth if I cleared all strand related stuff, whereas using the normal loader and vanilla was fine. I can't say my cpu or gpu can't handle since I have good specs but I can't think of the issue.

some_dude

Content Creator
Hi, SDTL2 mostly works for me, but I found that my frames were actually really bad. When strands and such are involved, it dips to below 10fps even without using mods, but frames would go back to smooth if I cleared all strand related stuff, whereas using the normal loader and vanilla was fine. I can't say my cpu or gpu can't handle since I have good specs but I can't think of the issue.
Hello. My understanding of this is that the Flash plugin (used in SDTL2) and Flash projector have similar performance but that every machine "prefers" one over the other for unpredictable reasons and to an unpredictable extent. So on some machines the plugin is always faster than the projector, and on some machines it's the other way around. But take this explanation with a grain of salt since it has not been tested or researched, it's based on my own experience and reports from users.

Is the difference in performance between SDTL2 and a Flash projector big for you (everything else being equal, especially resolution and quality)?

some_dude

Content Creator
i think i may be retarded. i cant seem to find the SDTL2.exe file. please, send help.

It should be directly inside the unzipped folder next to all the other files/folders (such as docs, game and settings.json).

Perhaps you downloaded the wrong folder (you should get sdtl2_0_1_2-win32-x64.zip or sdtl2_0_1_2-win32-ia32.zip)?

Or perhaps your antivirus deleted the file without notifying you (they do that sometimes)?

some_dude

Content Creator
any update for this project?
No updates, sorry! I haven't looked at the project for quite some time so I don't know if I have anything that I haven't released. The source code is available at the download page if you (or anyone else) is interested in continuing working on it. :)

this should be in SDT threads , not here
I'm not sure what you mean. Is this thread in the wrong category?

Chandelure36

Potential Patron
I find myself being unable to figure out what program I am supposed to use to run the files, unless I actually have to install some version of chromium to have it run and if so then I wouldnt know where/how to get it since from what I have been able to find on chromium is just developper tools and something about a Linux pre-requisite which I am unsure if it is a seperate operating system from windows

Jack7070

Potential Patron
Is there a guide for how to use this to run the slave bazaar mod pack thing? I have no idea how to run that anymore now that flashplayer is dead

SDTL_Enjoyer

Potential Patron
SDTL 2 - SDT Launcher
(Some Dude's Turbo Launcher 2?)

What is SDTL 2?
SDTL 2 is a cross-platform launcher for the game SDT. It runs the game in a custom version of Chromium, instead of in a Flash player or normal browser, which opens up the game to a ton of new possibilities.

Where can I get it?
You can get the newest version of SDTL 2 over here.

Any ideas, suggestions or other feedback?
I'm looking forward to see what y'all think about this! : )
The download of the SDTL 2 never finishes

Is there a guide for how to use this to run the slave bazaar mod pack thing? I have no idea how to run that anymore now that flashplayer is dead
Hey could u help me download SDTL 2, the download never finishes for me. Thanks

dftcup

Potential Patron
Ubuntu 23.04, does not work. Because of lack of relevant .so file in Linux distribution. Plus some oddities in dependencies.
I find it amusing that much more bugged HRT starts without a hitch (but it have its own peculiarities...) and SDTL2 does not.
Happy fixing, fellow Linux players. I'm not joining you. I've wasted three hours on this bs already. I'm gonna do a power nap then remove this crappo from my HDD.
Cheers!

geo

Potential Patron
All that opens for me is a white box that stays like that no matter how long I wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.