SDTL - A Launcher for SDT (1 Viewer)

some_dude

Content Creator
SDTL 2 - SDT Launcher
(Some Dude's Turbo Launcher 2?)

What is SDTL 2?
SDTL 2 is a cross-platform launcher for the game SDT. It runs the game in a custom version of Chromium, instead of in a Flash player or normal browser, which opens up the game to a ton of new possibilities.

Where can I get it?
You can get the newest version of SDTL 2 over here.

Any ideas, suggestions or other feedback?
I'm looking forward to see what y'all think about this! : )

Last edited:

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Holy. Fucking. Shit. It's happening.

I highly recommend either spiting off from the Loader or combining the two projects.

The fist thing I would do is redo the menu's UI with a brand new custom one. I will help design it if you want.
Also add a way to instantly create a new character folder save with the currently loaded mods.
Lastly SDTL is a very underwhelming name; this is going to be the definitive installation of the game, it should be called Ultimate Deepthroat. It's going to be a whole new game.

some_dude

Content Creator
Glad to see that I'm not the only one excited about this project!

I really don't want to break compatibility with the Loader mods. Luckily though it seems like it's possible to write a mod that edits the loader when loaded (partially what SDTL.swf is for). I don't know the limitations it will bring though. But it seems like a feasible solution for the time being.

A new UI is not a bad place to start. I'm planning on adding a menu (similar to the one in-game) in the same window as the game but not inside the "flash player" (it will be sort of where the DevTools are). It will be written in html/js/css which should make it easily extendible with mods or settings.

I'll have to agree that SDTL sounds pretty bland and generic. I'll keep an eye out for a better name and change it later on (so I don't end up changing it multiple times). Ultimate Deepthroat is not a bad candidate : )

some_dude

Content Creator
Also add a way to instantly create a new character folder save with the currently loaded mods

I forgot to respond to this. This would be a handy feature. I think that once there is a "Mod Manager" that can find and list all active mods (if that is even possible?) this will be not too hard to make. I'm thinking that it could be something like a popup that is opened either from the menu or a keyboard shortcut that shows the currently loaded mods and the current charcode. Then you could choose which mods to include and edit the charcode before saving it in a folder of your choice.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Glad to see that I'm not the only one excited about this project!
Are you kidding me. Do you know how long we've been waiting for something like this. I've been around sine when Konashion was alive, a project with these capabilities has only been attempted twice.

The first was someone named DoomKnight or something similar. He was going to remake the game from scratch in Unity. The problem was he was starting from the point of first leaning programming, so he didn't get a lot of attention. He disappeared about six months after announcing the project. He kept a dev blog though; wish I could find it if its still up.

If forget their name but someone else tried to make a fully web-based HTML5 version. He focused on building the Mods database and other superfluous things and his prototype sucked and didn't have the haptic feel SDT's animations do so no one payed attention and he disappeared after two months.

If you follow-through, this will be huge. I want to help you in anyway I can and encourage you early on because we all saw what happen to the past two examples.

I really don't want to break compatibility with the Loader mods. Luckily though it seems like it's possible to write a mod that edits the loader when loaded (partially what SDTL.swf is for). I don't know the limitations it will bring though. But it seems like a feasible solution for the time being.
I wasn't suggesting abandoning or not using the Loader. Branching the project would have been a better phrase to use. However I realize now I misunderstood how the Loader and SDTL work in conjunction. If SDTL.swf can edit and add to the Loader branching or merging the project isn't necessary and works out perfect.

I'm planning on adding a menu (similar to the one in-game) in the same window as the game but not inside the "flash player" .
That's exactly what I was thing, widen to window and add a new UI kinda like a split screen.

Ultimate Deepthroat is not a bad candidate
Ultimate Deepthroat is what DoomKnight called his project and I really liked it.

I'm thinking that it could be something like a popup that is opened either from the menu or a keyboard shortcut that shows the currently loaded mods and the current charcode.
If you're redoing the whole menu UI you could just show the name of the mod/file in the appropriate clothing slot also add slots for other types of mods.

Hank East

Content Creator
Hello there! I believe I've found a bit of an issue with the most recent version. The settings for toggling the new sidebars are not in the settings file, so I'm unable to toggle them.

some_dude

Content Creator
Hello there! I believe I've found a bit of an issue with the most recent version. The settings for toggling the new sidebars are not in the settings file, so I'm unable to toggle them.

Hey.

The settings file in the download contains all the available settings. Are you sure you didn't edit or overwrite it?

Anyhow. If the launcher doesn't find the settings file when you run it, it will create a new one with all the default values.

Hank East

Content Creator
some_dude some_dude Ah my apologies, it was quite late at night and in a hurry to install the newest version I accidentally kept the old settings file. That being said, it seems the bars are not working for me. I've even tried rebinding them, but they still do not show up. I have SDTL.swf at the top of my mods.txt file and everything, so I donnu what I might be doing wrong.

some_dude

Content Creator
Ah my apologies, it was quite late at night and in a hurry to install the newest version I accidentally kept the old settings file.

Well that explains it. No prob - happy to help. :smile:

That being said, it seems the bars are not working for me. I've even tried rebinding them, but they still do not show up. I have SDTL.swf at the top of my mods.txt file and everything, so I donnu what I might be doing wrong.

Hmm. Are you using any backslashes in the settings file (for paths perhaps)? If so replace them with forward slashes. If that doesn't do it then get a fresh copy of the settings file. Then change all the values in "visibleOnStart" from false to true. If that doesn't do it either then try setting "debug" to true. I hope that will fix it!

Hank East

Content Creator
some_dude some_dude I've done all you reccommended, and the bars are still not showing up. The DevTools toggle works fine, but neither of the bar toggles or the "visibleOnStart" options work for me (including the DevTools one). The game back is the default one, I just moved my SDT folder there, though now that I think about it it's not sby's loader pack. Do I actually require that for SDTL or should the regular loader (though I do have many of the sby pack mods) work?

some_dude

Content Creator
some_dude some_dude I've done all you reccommended, and the bars are still not showing up. The DevTools toggle works fine, but neither of the bar toggles or the "visibleOnStart" options work for me (including the DevTools one). The game back is the default one, I just moved my SDT folder there, though now that I think about it it's not sby's loader pack. Do I actually require that for SDTL or should the regular loader (though I do have many of the sby pack mods) work?

SDTL should work as long as you have "Loader.swf" and "SDT.swf", sby's packs isn't required.

It seems like there is a bug behind this. Could you check the DevTools console for error messages? And if you get any, could you send the log to me (just copy & paste all of it)?

Hank East

Content Creator
some_dude some_dude I got quite a lot of errors. All of them were "failed to load resource" errors. Here they are
Mods/CharacterFolders.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/Settings.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/Hair.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/HueData.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/Mod.swf Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/Char.swf Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/FinishesCounter.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/VigourCounter.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/PleasureCounter.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/BreathCounter.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/HeldBreathCounter.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/CumInMouthCounter.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/;penisrangeV5.swf Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/;cheekbulgeeditV3.swf Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/BG.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/Code.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Mods/$INIT$/Rec/28.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Data/Rec/28.txt Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

some_dude

Content Creator
Hank East Hank East Hmm. Those errors are expected and unavoidable (as far as I know). I hoped for something more helpful.

Are you sure that you are using the latest version of SDTL? Try downloading a fresh copy of SDTL and put your game in the default game folder and set the values in "visibleOnStart" (in the settings file) to true. Dont forget to check the console for non-"failed to load resource" errors.

Hank East

Content Creator
some_dude some_dude I have redownloaded it and the bars are working now! Though maybe a bit too well :P I can't toggle them off and they start off toggled on even with the settings turned to false.

some_dude

Content Creator
some_dude some_dude I have redownloaded it and the bars are working now! Though maybe a bit too well :P I can't toggle them off and they start off toggled on even with the settings turned to false.

Are you sure you are changing the correct settings (are the names of the settings the same as they were initially - they are case sensitive)?
Maybe you changed one or more of the shortcuts to something invalid (read this)?
Did you try running it with the default settings and press the default shortcuts (CTRL+M and CTRL+N) while the windows was focued?
Try clicking on the "border" of the window so that the flash player inside it isn't "focused". It could be that in some setups the flash player hi-jacks the input and doesn't pass it to the application.

Haive-Mind

Potential Patron
I'm having the same problem. The side bar is there whether it's set to be visible on start or not and I can't get the bottom bar to show.
The shortcuts aren't working either. I can toggle the dev tools just fine, though.

some_dude

Content Creator
Hank East Hank East H Haive-Mind
I just took a look at the code that binds the shortcuts. I forgot that they are bound globally (they trigger when pressed no matter what program has "focus"). Each global shortcut can only be held by one program at a time. So if CTRL+M is already taken by program, then SDTL or any other program can not take it. I forgot to make it check if the shortcuts were already in use before attempting to bind them. So if you try to bind one that is already in use, it will silently fail and not bind (thats why CTRl+SHIFT+I still works).

Try changing the shortcut for one of the menus to CTRL+SHIFT+I and change the shortcut for DevTools to something different, then check if you can toggle the menu with CTRL+SHIFT+I. I hope that will fix it! : )

some_dude

Content Creator
Hank East Hank East Damn. I'll try replacing the global shortcuts with local ones. I'm not sure if that will fix it or if it will even work when the flash view is selected. I can't do it until this weekend though, so we will see then.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Hank East Hank East Damn. I'll try replacing the global shortcuts with local ones. I'm not sure if that will fix it or if it will even work when the flash view is selected. I can't do it until this weekend though, so we will see then.
You could keep a global keyboard hook and check if the window currently in the foreground matches your program's window handle and do nothing if it's not (basically acting as a local hook, if the flash embed seems to prevent a local hook from working).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.