[PC] RyonaniXP (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Could you elaborate a little on this? VMWare player supports hardware graphics acceleration in terms of Direct3D, at most DirectX9 with this since it uses Windows XP and that's the last version it officially supported. I've run Warcraft 3 on it before and a decent speed just to test things out. Are you talking about something other than DirectX hardware support?

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
Could you elaborate a little on this? VMWare player supports hardware graphics acceleration in terms of Direct3D, at most DirectX9 with this since it uses Windows XP and that's the last version it officially supported. I've run Warcraft 3 on it before and a decent speed just to test things out. Are you talking about something other than DirectX hardware support?

Hmm I found what I was doing wrong and managed to enable "accelerate 3D graphics"

The games I am having FPS issues on is Armored Fucker Final. There was another one I had slow fps on that was included originally with Ryona XP, but I think I deleted it.

onlinehero

Casual Client
This thing is great, thanks! Works well on Mac OSX too and a lot easier than installing Windows via Boot Camp or Parallers. Used VMWare Fusion. RyonaniXP runs fine, PotR and Fairy War seemed to work ok as well.

ryonanixponmacosx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Atomfire1

Link for the third part of 1.1 seems to keep sending me to a blank page after sending me to the page you click the download to download, maybe put it on megaupload?

Edit: Working now!

S

Southerner

I'm getting a similar error, but on the fourth part. Third part is fine for me. Strange error. :o

Edit: Oh, now all the parts are working. Disregard previous transmission. See if it's working now for you, too, Atomfire1.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
In case anyone is having issues with this with newer versions of VMWare, check the first post.

Z

zeeshanas

i downloaded the ryona xp for newer version of vm ware but it doest not contain much games only 4 or 5 can some one explian to me why

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
i downloaded the ryona xp for newer version of vm ware but it doest not contain much games only 4 or 5 can some one explian to me why
Ryonani XP is primarily meant as a good-to-go platform for games which require a Japanese unicode as many people have troubles getting such a game to run on their main OS. The games that are included are more or less just a bonus.

Z

zeeshanas

Ryonani XP is primarily meant as a good-to-go platform for games which require a Japanese unicode as many people has troubles getting such a game to run on their main OS. The game that are included are more or less just a bonus.
then what is this for can you explain

Mediafire Download Folder
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
(US11272010.7z is Unholy Sanctuary and not part of RyonaniXP)
Use the provided version of VMWare Player or you won't be able to boot. Don't update the software. If you use VMWare for things besides RyonaniXP, use the other release.

I've shrunk down the OS to ~2.1 GB and compressed it to ~1.4 (compared to the original of ~4 GB shrunk to about 2.3) making it much smaller
Deleted Brutal Girl Violation, BB+, Quest of Kai, and Vanguard Princess
Added PotR2

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
then what is this for can you explain

(...)
I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly but I'll try to answer it:
There are two versions of Ryonani XP, version 1 and 1.1; the download link in the second spoiler might be version 1 but I'm not sure. What you have quoted is the changelog of what was changed from version 1 to version 1.1.
If you want to know the reason why games were removed in the update it's because you have to trade off the number of games against the size of the files everyone has to download; because "installing" Japanese games in Ryonani XP is most times as simple as downloading the game, start the VMWare and Ryonani XP, press CTRL+G to enable file transfer from your main OS to the virtual one, copying the game to the virtual OS (or downloading the file via the virtual OS directly), extracting it and then just double click on the run file it's better to include only a few selected games and let people include games they want to test themselves instead of including as many games as possible from the start and forcing everyone to download several GBs.

Z

zeeshanas

I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly but I'll try to answer it:
There are two versions of Ryonani XP, version 1 and 1.1; the download link in the second spoiler might be version 1 but I'm not sure. What you have quoted is the changelog of what was changed from version 1 to version 1.1.
If you want to know the reason why games were removed in the update it's because you have to trade off the number of games against the size of the files everyone has to download; because "installing" Japanese games in Ryonani XP is most times as simple as downloading the game, start the VMWare and Ryonani XP, press CTRL+G to enable file transfer from your main OS to the virtual one, copying the game to the virtual OS (or downloading the file via the virtual OS directly), extracting it and then just double click on the run file it's better to include only a few selected games and let people include games they want to test themselves instead of including as many games as possible from the start and forcing everyone to download several GBs.
thanks for info

D

dp74

Is this still downlaodable? Mediafire didn't seem to work, Mega seems to be deleted, and the one seeder on the torrent snubbed me :(

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Try the Mediafire link again. It was just fudged by something I did yesterday.

D

dp74

Thanks, dling it now.

Great idea btw. We should get a translator in there too, I managed to get the AGTH or whatever working for VH a couple years back but there seem to be some better solutions now.

S

saint2012

please, could you upload version 1 again?not everyone has windows, so they cannot use the new one (there's also virtualbox that is free and can export to vmware, wouldn't it be better), but at least the first version again, please.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
The second spoiler links to v1 of RyonaniXP.
However I advice you to simply use VirtualBox instead, grab a WindowsXP CD or image and set up a virtual OS by yourself. I takes hardly more time than downloading RyonaniXP and in my experience VirtualBox is far more reliable than VMWare. Sadly I don't have an English version of XP otherwise I would have uploaded a VirtualBox version of RyonaniXP.

S

saint2012

The second spoiler links to v1 of RyonaniXP.
However I advice you to simply use VirtualBox instead, grab a WindowsXP CD or image and set up a virtual OS by yourself. I takes hardly more time than downloading RyonaniXP and in my experience VirtualBox is far more reliable than VMWare. Sadly I don't have an English version of XP otherwise I would have uploaded a VirtualBox version of RyonaniXP.

thanks for replying, but It actually doesn't, it just has links to vmware. I downloaded this some time ago, however I messed up and as the links are no longer here I cannot download it anymore.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
The link in the first spoiler redirects to a folder with a RyonaniXP version consisting of 8 separated files, the second one to a version consisting of 11 separated files. Can it be that you've looked at the fifth spoiler instead?

I'm not sure but I think the Linux version of VirtualBox doesn't support USB so copying files from your real OS to your virtual one might be a hassle.

S

saint2012

The link in the first spoiler redirects to a folder with a RyonaniXP version consisting of 8 separated files, the second one to a version consisting of 11 separated files. Can it be that you've looked at the fifth spoiler instead?

I'm not sure but I think the Linux version of VirtualBox doesn't support USB so copying files from your real OS to your virtual one might be a hassle.
I'm sorry, I thought the link was supposed to be in the other spoiler :(.

BTw, although I think linux's0 virtualbox supports usb(or at least there was a workaround), I don't really pass the files over the ryonani OS, I just share folders over the net.

N

nightterror

Any Chance for updated links? Would love to use this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.