Really Stupid Question (1 Viewer)

Fixxxtozz

Potential Patron
Ok, sooooooooooooo i have a really stupid question about the loader that i hope can be answered really quickly and easily

I just updated my moreclothing mod to the most up-to-date (moreclothingV6_4) and im re-doing my settings file to add more stuff and fix some of the errors from my previous settings file and i can't read error text that flies by on the screen

Is there any way to get the mod loading text at the top right of the screen to move a slower so i can actually read it? or even better is there a way i can create a file to see all of the load error so that i can go through them one by one?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is there any way to get the mod loading text at the top right of the screen to move a slower so i can actually read it?
You could open up Loader.swf in ffdec and rewrite the updateStatus function.

Code:
      public function updateStatus(param1:String) : *
      {
         var _loc2_:String = this.textData.modStatus.htmlText;
         var _loc3_:Array = _loc2_.split("<br>");
         this.textData.modStatus.htmlText = _loc3_.join("") != ""?this.textData.modStatus.htmlText + param1 + "<br>":param1 + "<br>";
         var _loc4_:Timer = new Timer(2500);
         _loc4_.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER,this.statusLine);
         _loc4_.start();
      }

You could increase the 2500 value to something more generous (such as 5000 milliseconds).

The main problem is "flooding". The textData block tends to fill up with error messages pretty quickly if you're doing major debugging work, and a prolonged persistence period will make this problem even worse. So you'll see errors 1 through 6, but errors 7 to 20 will be printed in the (invisible) bottom section of the textData block -- so you won't see them even if they stick around for 5 seconds or longer.

Of course, you can still workaround this problem by fixing errors 1-6 and restarting the game. Errors 7-12 will then be promoted to the top of the textData block, and you can fix them. And repeat :)

If you're using this repetition approach then the 2500 → 5000 code change isn't really necessary. Just hit the PrntScrn button when the initial set of error messages floods in, paste the screenshot into MSPaint, and then fix the errors at your leisure.

or even better is there a way i can create a file to see all of the load error so that i can go through them one by one?
There is no such ability within the Loader at present. The base game (and mods) usually write to the Shared Object store instead of pushing files directly into the local filesystem. It's certainly possible to imagine a Log.txt file existing alongside SDT.swf, but it doesn't exist yet.

You can either rewrite the updateStatus function to include a few fileStream operations, or talk to @ModGuy and ask him to add an optional logging feature.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Is there any way to get the mod loading text at the top right of the screen to move a slower so i can actually read it? or even better is there a way i can create a file to see all of the load error so that i can go through them one by one?
I know the problem and I help myself with quickly(!) making a screenshot of the error messages that I load into Irfanview, Gimp or the image processor of your choice.
Of course I can't always get ALL of the messages in one screenshot, so I have to fix first the ones I got "shot" and then repeat this process to grab the next error messages. HTHU2

Respectfully, Rudgar

sby

Content Creator
Coder
instead of trying to get everything good in one shot, try sections of your settings file.

use the ;blockcomment to section off parts of your settings file to ignore

could record screen and play it back frame by frame xD

Faceless

Content Creator
If you want to have a error log file, you'll need to add explicit invocations of the trace() method, which writes to "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs\flashlog.txt".

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.