Randomisation Mod (1 Viewer)

americanole

Potential Patron
Hello, I would personally like to see a Configurable Randomisation Mod.

Especially with moreclothing mod around, some pieces shouldn't be randomised together. For instance, there are some 'Top' pieces of clothing which can only be used with no bottoms, or shoes etc.
So for the first part of this mod,I would like to suggest that mod, basically, would tell the randomizer to not put X clothing from Tops with Y from bottoms.

In fact, if it happened to random X from Tops, it should put 'none' for bottoms. Also, it should be able to remove certain pieces of clothing from randomisation if user wants to. (I'm not a fan of gags, for instance).
Code:
If(CostumeTop==X*)
CostumeBottoms = Null

If (CostumeCollars==Gag*)
CostumeCollars = Null (Or Randomize)

(This is how I assume it should approximately look in the code, but then again, I don't know flash)
*Just examples, user should be able to configure it by himself.

Second part of the mod should be able limit randomizer to set random colours(skin,clothes) and sizes (breast, body). Basically, let the user enter interval for each of those, say, I don't want my clothing to have opacity, or I don't want breasts smaller than certain amount. It then will only randomize for these values.

Also, since I'm sure not everyone will want to use decompiler and edit raw code every time, some basic settings file for this should be needed as well.
CRM Settings.txt

Code:
ClothingTop=WeddingDress*-[ClothingBottom=None,ClothingFootwear=None]
ClothingGag=Ring*-[ClothingGag=None]

SkinColour=[
H(0-400)
S(0-400)
L(0-400)
]
ClothingColour=[
R(0-255)
B(0-255)
G(0-255)
A(0-255) //For example, I'm not really into opacity in clothing so I would put (215-255)
]
BreastSize=[
(0-100)
]
BodySize=[
(0-100)
]
*Actual names of items you'd like to set randomisation for.

Hopefully there will be people who'd enjoy this idea and those who'd be able to do it.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
defining how to do this can be tricky. going a simple route might be the way to go.
having the - thing in there can complicate things a lot, but something like choosing exactly what to load might be easier.

if wedding dress is loaded -> select none for shoes, select none for pants
if anything is loaded -> select none for gag
if taxi hair is chosen -> select taxi hair costume

there will definitely be some modtype priorities though, putting a hamper on the randomness.
(if you had a lot of shirts that couldn't wear pants, the 'pants' category would be not very random)

ideally, if modders would make clothing that is appropriate for their modtype with mixing and matching in mind, this issue would be quite less. but to be fair, before moreclothing there was no convenient way of mixing clothing, so there wasn't any reason to take extra time to make things flexible.

hugo_boss

Potential Patron
I was planning to add simillar Features to my ModFilter at some Point.
Like Triggering filters, by selecting certain Items from the menu, and the abillity to restrict Breast sizes.

The restrictions are meant to restrict the menu options, but they should also affect the selection of those outfits by Shuffle Button or Charcode.
While I'm at it, I could try to find a way for a Filter to only affect the shuffle Button, and not to restrict menu options. That would kind of result in what you're looking for.

These are however just some ideas for now. So I can not promise anything here.
Implementing the filters as they are now, was a lot of work, so I decided to take a little break from it for now. And I don't know yet , when I will continue working on it again.

americanole

Potential Patron
@sby
Well, since it was just a suggestion, the way to do it was a mere concept, obviously if some person picks it up, it's up to him how to do it.

Seeing slightly less bottoms in shuffle in my opinion is worth of a sacrifice to not see wedding dresses paired up with jeans.

Some of the clothing would never be able to suit into the shuffle even if modtypes were correct, due to nature of the game, we have lots of cartoon, game and anime characters with their unique costumes, some of which wouldn't fit with anything else but itself.

@hugo_boss
Yeah, I tried using your modfilter but it didn't seem to support moreclothing which is what I'd like to keep. It only had basic items where you could disable some from shuffle. I'll keep an eye on your mods for the future then :).

As for my issue with not wanting gags in shuffle, I just used moreclothing to load some earrings and weird arm accessories into gag slot greatly reducing the chance of an actual gag to be randomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.