Problem with *.SDT file (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharim

Potential Patron
Hello

So, My problem is when i trying to load characters from file *.sdt, the characters is loaded, but when i trying to use it then appearing error with loading hair and i have to enter missing path.

Screenshot
http://d.pr/i/8lI0

*Sorry for my english, its really bad*

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
This happened because you moved the hair file required by the saved character AFTER saving it. Try moving the hair piece back to where you originally had it.

If that doesn't work, just remake the character. Load all the files from ONE folder and keep all the files you use for saved characters in one folder. Something like:

C:\SDT - has all your main files that are used for your saved characters. Hairs, backgrounds, mods and such. Much easier for loading and such.
C:\SDT\BGS - Place BGs here
C:\SDT\Hairs - Place Hairs here
C:\SDT\Mods - Place Mods here

This does create duplicate files, but that are very small so storage isn't an issue. Hope you understand and this helps.

Sharim

Potential Patron
Sorry man, i forgot to write, it isnt my characters, i just downloaded them from internet in *.sdt file.

Lizoran

Potential Patron
That happens when the hair is saved in a different folder, so for example i have them in a "hairs" folder so in the default folders you press the + sign and in the new text box, enter "/hairs", which based on your picture would be "/hair", then you close the error screen and try to use the character again and it should work, if not tell me if another error happened and I'll try to help.

and don't worry your English was okay ;)

Edit:
dammit AaRl beat me to it, it's okay though as long as help is given

Edit2:
1)do you have the actual hair
2) if you do try making a hair file and putting it there,then see if it works

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Sharim said:
Sorry man, i forgot to write, it isnt my characters, i just downloaded them from internet in *.sdt file.

The .sdt file just saves characters codes and file names/paths as far as I know. Not the actual files themselves. Still, like I and Lizoran said. Just move/get the files back to a central folder and just remake/resave the character and you should be fine.

Sharim

Potential Patron
So, I have re-downloaded loader by ModGuy, and extracted to new folder, in main folder i created folder named "Hair", when i runned Loader by flash, and tried to load characters from file lol v5.sdt, again showed error to enter missing paths. So I in text box "Deafult Folder" add a folder named "Hair" and tried to use this characters, still shows the error.

Structure of Folders (may its help to find my mistake)
SDT (main folder)
-Mods
-Hair
-BG
-Settings
-Template
-Guide

Sharim

Potential Patron
Well, i just realised how stupid i was xD. So, i have played sdt at the website, where the files were and only i needed to load path's, really im feeling now so much stupid, but i can't find theese files anywhere :(

Sorry guys for wasting your time

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Sharim said:
Well, i just realised how stupid i was xD. So, i have played sdt at the website, where the files were and only i needed to load path's, really im feeling now so much stupid, but i can't find theese files anywhere :(

Sorry guys for wasting your time

Well, what hairs, mods or BGs were used on whatever site you played the game on? Search for them on this site. Also check out Anon's Archive that has nearly every hair piece ever made for SDT.

Sharim

Potential Patron
Well, I have found a big package of hair. Anyway you helped me guys to find this mistake ;D (very stupid mistake), So thank you very much. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.