Prevent Dialogue Checker from checking specific triggers (1 Viewer)

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
The info I'm looking for is probably located somewhere, but idk where it could be. I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent dialogue checker from checking specific triggers that use variables.

I use variables to register what hand goes where so the ARM triggers are more dynamic. Stuff like [*varDomHand*_HAND_JOB]. Problem is the dialogue checker thinks it's referring to a linetype and it pops up 20-40 errors.

Could someone give me a solution or point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated.

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
I usually just throw in a line that corresponds to the trigger while I'm creating the dialogue, and remove them when I'm done. It can even refer to itself.
Code:
general:"I'll use my right hand.[*varDomHand*_HAND_JOB]"
RIGHT_ARM_HAND_JOB:"[RIGHT_ARM_HAND_JOB]"{"style":"him"}

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
I didn't think to try that, although it does make sense. The dc is looking for a line that the trigger is supposedly calling so it would make sense to just make a temporary line that the trigger might refer to.

Thanks!

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
Been a while but I gave it the old college try. The results is it did and didn't work. It worked to get rid of 30+ errors, but now it shows errors for something else.
Dialogue was checked in 70 ms with v3.07 of the DialogueChecker.

I found 4 issue(s) with your dialogue, of which 0 were severe, 4 were major issues, and 0 were minor issues.

Syntax - Major: A line has the same linename as a trigger defined by SDT or a mod, on line 420.

SDT will not play lines for which a trigger action is taken.

The checker reports this error as MAJOR because it cannot identify the location where you'd want to trigger this line but instead trigger the trigger.

If you can't edit the name of your line and must access it for some reason, you can do so by using the "next" lineattribute.

Line 420: RIGHT_ARM_HAND_JOB:"[OPEN_EYES]"{"style":"Him"}

Syntax - Major: A line has the same linename as a trigger defined by SDT or a mod, on line 421.

The checker reports this error as MAJOR because it cannot identify the location where you'd want to trigger this line but instead trigger the trigger.

If you can't edit the name of your line and must access it for some reason, you can do so by using the "next" lineattribute.

Line 421: LEFT_ARM_HAND_JOB:"[OPEN_EYES]"{"style":"Him"}

Syntax - Major: A line has the same linename as a trigger defined by SDT or a mod, on line 422.

Line 422: RIGHT_ARM_HIS_LEGS:"[OPEN_EYES]"{"style":"Him"}

Syntax - Major: A line has the same linename as a trigger defined by SDT or a mod, on line 423.

Line 423: LEFT_ARM_HIS_LEGS:"[OPEN_EYES]"{"style":"Him"}

Once you've fixed these issues, try letting me look your dialogue over again. Maybe I'll find something new.

Even so, 4 errors is still much better than 30+. I still count it as a win but I was wanting to pass along this info.

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
You don't need a line for every possible option, just one is enough for the checker. That also means that you could add a dummy variable that wouldn't match vanilla triggers, which should give 0 errors.

Code:
dummy_HAND_JOB:"[SETVAR_varDomHand_dummy]"{"style":"him"}

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.