Post your videogame ideas that are burning a hole in your brain (1 Viewer)

ran

Club Regular
Game type: beat'em up game
Concept: Hardcore action game, at least in higher difficulty. The player will fight hordes of female fighters in different environments. The strength of enemy girls come from high AI and large numbers, not high damage or HP.
This is like Dynasty Warriors 4, enemies can easily hurt the player but the damage is low so the player can have a few rounds with enemies.

System:
-When a character is down, she can still be attacked when lying on the ground. She needs to roll away, stand or jump up quickly to dodge ground attacks.
Not like most beat'em up games, beating down an enemy only means the end of a chain attack, giving the enemy an opportunity to recover instead of a dangerous status like in real-life.

-Enemy's HP can re-generate slowly with time but max HP bar reduces. When an enemy's HP is low, she may take a rest posture to re-generate HP quicker, but also making her vulnerable to the player's attack.
Like in real-life, a knock out an enemy, only one punch is not enough, she will take some rest and recover soon, only a series of attack in a relatively short period can defeat her.

-Character will gets down if being hit when losing balance, not taking enough damage. Get damage is different from losing balance. By putting down enemies with little damage, the player can buy time to deal with fewer enemies in short period.
For example, when the player pushes an enemy, she will not lose HP but lose balance so you can get her lie on the ground. When the player punches an enemy in her stomach, she still stands but takes damage.

-Enemies' wearing really work. Enemies' gear is not just decorative of their sexy bodies, but also influences the player's strategy.
For example, an enemy girl wears the bikini armor. The player's upper attack on breasts deals little damage because of her breastplates. However, middle attack on her exposed belly or lower attack on her legs may really hurt her.

-Enemies' location and stance change with your attack.
For example, if the player side kicks an enemy, she will move a little left/right, rather than just leap front or back. Their defeated posture will also not only depend on their own unit type, but also how the player attacks them.

Graphics:
-2D or 3D shaded 2D. Either way, the player can have a view of the whole scene, enemy will not appear just outside the screen or jump down from no-where. The enemy will not be unable to hit the player or get hit just because she is outside the 2D screen.
-Bright color, anime like, girls fight to death but not guro.
-All bodies remain on the battlefield, can be interacted like throw or step on.

More like plot and character to come if someone is interested in the concept.

Dan Druff

Club Regular
I want another Smash Boy but with an older male protagonist instead of a little boy. I like the idea of female enemies performing grab attacks because I see too many heroines or female villains only as fragile speedsters, young girls, or women with big boobs. There are very few actual big female characters other than one female enemy from Streets of Rage 4 and one from Mayhem Brawler. I also dislike how beat 'em ups are becoming Marvel vs Capcom with their focus on large, flashy combos, and everyone jumps really high. I want a more grounded beat 'em up like Double Dragon with a character like Billy Lee fighting really grabby female enemies who aren't overtly sexualized and come in different shapes and sizes; there should be some ugly ones, too. The player has a limited set of striking attacks to fend off against female enemies who basically grope the player into submission or climax.

Last edited:

AesVann

Designer
Writer
Game type: beat'em up game
Concept: Hardcore action game, at least in higher difficulty. The player will fight hordes of female fighters in different environments. The strength of enemy girls come from high AI and large numbers, not high damage or HP.
This is like Dynasty Warriors 4, enemies can easily hurt the player but the damage is low so the player can have a few rounds with enemies.

System:
-When a character is down, she can still be attacked when lying on the ground. She needs to roll away, stand or jump up quickly to dodge ground attacks.
Not like most beat'em up games, beating down an enemy only means the end of a chain attack, giving the enemy an opportunity to recover instead of a dangerous status like in real-life.

-Enemy's HP can re-generate slowly with time but max HP bar reduces. When an enemy's HP is low, she may take a rest posture to re-generate HP quicker, but also making her vulnerable to the player's attack.
Like in real-life, a knock out an enemy, only one punch is not enough, she will take some rest and recover soon, only a series of attack in a relatively short period can defeat her.

-Character will gets down if being hit when losing balance, not taking enough damage. Get damage is different from losing balance. By putting down enemies with little damage, the player can buy time to deal with fewer enemies in short period.
For example, when the player pushes an enemy, she will not lose HP but lose balance so you can get her lie on the ground. When the player punches an enemy in her stomach, she still stands but takes damage.

-Enemies' wearing really work. Enemies' gear is not just decorative of their sexy bodies, but also influences the player's strategy.
For example, an enemy girl wears the bikini armor. The player's upper attack on breasts deals little damage because of her breastplates. However, middle attack on her exposed belly or lower attack on her legs may really hurt her.

-Enemies' location and stance change with your attack.
For example, if the player side kicks an enemy, she will move a little left/right, rather than just leap front or back. Their defeated posture will also not only depend on their own unit type, but also how the player attacks them.

Graphics:
-2D or 3D shaded 2D. Either way, the player can have a view of the whole scene, enemy will not appear just outside the screen or jump down from no-where. The enemy will not be unable to hit the player or get hit just because she is outside the 2D screen.
-Bright color, anime like, girls fight to death but not guro.
-All bodies remain on the battlefield, can be interacted like throw or step on.

More like plot and character to come if someone is interested in the concept.
since my fetish lies close to this, ill excuse myself to hitchhike without permission...

concept: challenging goal I think. high ai is difficult to make, but also not as recommended in musso games due to realism of 1 vs many. kinda like why archers are meme in the series, it is very unfair to be outnumbered, and ai properly taking chances to attack makes game extremely difficult. to balance this would require some sort of constant healing from combat, otherwise you have doom issue of 'all these strong demons are no threat as they have projectiles I can dodge, but man, these zombies, they only do 1 dmg but they can't be dodged.'
though, I do think it can be done in really well thought out design. Like GURPS had interesting idea of forcing all individual enemies' first attack to miss the player, so that they can engage in combat without dumb cheerleading, but also give player a chance to react to attacks from blind spots.
now later on graphics you implied it will be a side scroller, which makes it difficult to have large quantity of foes due to lack of camera rotation, hence lack of playing field. also if they wont do walk in from off map or jump down, their spawning mechanism would be odd as player has no blind spot. (though even games with blindspot like musso games casually uses mob teleporting in anyways.)
and this also have good chance of sprite clutter, so player may question how are these foes able to beat me up without accidentally hitting each other.

system: would suggest something like projectiled foes, so girls getting launched or knocked down can hit other girls. simple punching off balanced girl for knock downs may get prevented due to other girl catching them, where as proper launch may cause domino effect. once downed, as you say, they will be protected, but perhaps in a form of low priority. so if a girl standing still is within the attack box, that girl will take the hit so the downed girl has chance to get up instead of getting stomped on.

I would say knocking out a foe in a punch isn't too unrealistic, though odds would likely require professional punching a regular bystander, not trained combatant... haha. I can see high ai being used for this, where instead of traditional ai of always roam near player and attack on cooldown, they will run to edge of screen and lean on object or sit down to regenerate. making themselves vulnerable to flying projectiled girls. and lastly add in trauma stage, so if girl takes way too much damage at once, even when she recovers health, she will be permanently (assuming fight wont last more than 4 hrs of in game time.) weakened due to blunt trauma / bleeding.

could be interesting if foes can off balance themselves through use of strong attack, special move, and dodging player's attack. Even though they are trained professionals, some moves will be high risk high reward, and player could catch that to turn it around. They will be drawn to react based on direction of getting attack from player, might as well use it more so that they themselves can move in those directions as well.

lastly, though myself have trouble with this, I have been given advice before as well, that it is much easier to start project and get help by having conflict and resolution first, than how. means have plot and character before game mech. was kind of weird idea originally, but the guy giving me advice said makes sense to make a game that fits the need, but hard to make a game then try to find a need.
so example could be like 'player controls character who has to defeat numerous hordes of enemy to progress' short, almost same as gameplay description, but now it has plot and a character. Hope this weird advice also helps in a way, if not, discard this part.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
It's... kinda not surprising that I see lots of what I want to do in what you guys are talkin' about with this theoretical muso game. After all, this whole thing is about vulnerability. But lots of enemies who spend a lot of time recovering from attacks is the thing I'd love to see in any game where you hit zako.

ran

Club Regular
since my fetish lies close to this, ill excuse myself to hitchhike without permission...

concept: challenging goal I think. high ai is difficult to make, but also not as recommended in musso games due to realism of 1 vs many. kinda like why archers are meme in the series, it is very unfair to be outnumbered, and ai properly taking chances to attack makes game extremely difficult. to balance this would require some sort of constant healing from combat, otherwise you have doom issue of 'all these strong demons are no threat as they have projectiles I can dodge, but man, these zombies, they only do 1 dmg but they can't be dodged.'
though, I do think it can be done in really well thought out design. Like GURPS had interesting idea of forcing all individual enemies' first attack to miss the player, so that they can engage in combat without dumb cheerleading, but also give player a chance to react to attacks from blind spots.
now later on graphics you implied it will be a side scroller, which makes it difficult to have large quantity of foes due to lack of camera rotation, hence lack of playing field. also if they wont do walk in from off map or jump down, their spawning mechanism would be odd as player has no blind spot. (though even games with blindspot like musso games casually uses mob teleporting in anyways.)
and this also have good chance of sprite clutter, so player may question how are these foes able to beat me up without accidentally hitting each other.

system: would suggest something like projectiled foes, so girls getting launched or knocked down can hit other girls. simple punching off balanced girl for knock downs may get prevented due to other girl catching them, where as proper launch may cause domino effect. once downed, as you say, they will be protected, but perhaps in a form of low priority. so if a girl standing still is within the attack box, that girl will take the hit so the downed girl has chance to get up instead of getting stomped on.

I would say knocking out a foe in a punch isn't too unrealistic, though odds would likely require professional punching a regular bystander, not trained combatant... haha. I can see high ai being used for this, where instead of traditional ai of always roam near player and attack on cooldown, they will run to edge of screen and lean on object or sit down to regenerate. making themselves vulnerable to flying projectiled girls. and lastly add in trauma stage, so if girl takes way too much damage at once, even when she recovers health, she will be permanently (assuming fight wont last more than 4 hrs of in game time.) weakened due to blunt trauma / bleeding.

could be interesting if foes can off balance themselves through use of strong attack, special move, and dodging player's attack. Even though they are trained professionals, some moves will be high risk high reward, and player could catch that to turn it around. They will be drawn to react based on direction of getting attack from player, might as well use it more so that they themselves can move in those directions as well.

lastly, though myself have trouble with this, I have been given advice before as well, that it is much easier to start project and get help by having conflict and resolution first, than how. means have plot and character before game mech. was kind of weird idea originally, but the guy giving me advice said makes sense to make a game that fits the need, but hard to make a game then try to find a need.
so example could be like 'player controls character who has to defeat numerous hordes of enemy to progress' short, almost same as gameplay description, but now it has plot and a character. Hope this weird advice also helps in a way, if not, discard this part.
I agree with you about the musou-type game. Dynasty Warriors 4 balances what you mean quite well. Enemy AI attacks very frequently but the player still can fight back..
My purposed game will be mostly hand-to-hand fight, therefore, enemy's damage is low and long range attack is few and can be dodged. I also have a similar idea as GURPS, when the enemy attacks the player, the player's character does not perform attack movement, the player's character automatically dodges the enemy's first attack and the player can use special counter attack during the progress.

For the heal mechanism, re-generating health very slowly when not in combat works to the player's character as well and the maximum health bar won't reduce. I also think Street of Rage 4's idea is good, after finishing a group of enemies, the player's health can re-generate certain amount if not get hit shortly. I also would like health items appear more frequently and be real medical items like painkiller, band and spray instead of a chicken from a rubbish bin.

For the map, what I mean is the camera can move and rotate with the player, does not mean the whole map might be in the player's view whole time. I just want the spawning mechanism makes some sense, for example, enemies gather outside the door and then open the door and get in the fight, the player can also get through the opened door, or enemies come with transport like truck or boat, or enemies jump down from windows/hills instead of from the air like Ninja Gaiden or mass teleporting like you speak. The player can know where the enemies come from and how many of them.

For the system, I am quite happy with all your suggestions, they are quite useful and fit my thought. Actually, some of them were left in my character part to improvise.
One-punch knock out does work on weak enemy like street thug in early stage. Still, the majority of enemy girls will be professional combatants.
Different enemy girls will perform different behavior, not just different in statistics and attack movements. Like off-balance we spoke:
-Military girls will be more organised and discipled, they catch off-balanced companion more often and can block player's following attack for her;
-Martial artist girls are more honorable, they intend to fight the player in a one-on-one fair fight, they will not mass the player with numbers or catch fly-projectiled girl, but dodge her, however, once the previous companion is defeated or get away for re-generation, the next one will immediately replace her;
-Wrestler girls are strong enough to catch not only off-balanced, but also flying girl so domino effect does not work on them.
-Some agile enemies like kunoichi can recover from off balance or knocking out quickly, however, their defense is low so strong attacks may kill her directly or making her too painful to do this.

I agree with you that a game fits a need rather than finding a need. I do not play games too often, the whole system thing is to make the player feel more achievable when defeating formidable girls, different difficulty fits different level players.
The basic need of this game are:
-Hot, sexy fight with many bodies.
-Zako girls bravely and willingly fight to death, fighting the player is by their free will and they are ready to die for it, no brainwashing and cheating. Their attitude is honest and serious. Some of them may get away the fight for re-generation, some of them may admit defeat but none of them will run for their lives or beg for mercy.
-The player's characters and zako girls respect each other as opponents. Everything done is for the fight, no torture, rape, humiliation or other inappropriate behaviour.
-Hand to hand combat (at least mostly). The fight is fatal, fierce, a little bloody but not guro.
-Diverse types of zako girls. As many as we can image in the relatively-realistic world, mainly the professional and trained ones, like thug girls (student, stripper, motorbike), security girls (night club, paramilitary, bodyguard), martial artist girls(kungfu, kickboxer, karate), sport girls(wrestler, yoga, rollerblade), military girls (camouflage, armored, marine), assassin girls(leather, stealth, kunoichi), warrior girls(samurai, knight, amazon), supportive girls(nurse, driver, coordinator).
-Sexy as well as practical costumes for zako girls. Their culture, training background, battlefield and, protection movements are considered. Fancy wear like high-heels are for the bosses. Costumes can be slightly damaged and dirted, still, stripping is not the key of the game.
-Bosses are unique. They will not appear in later stages as zakos. Considering game-making costs, they could appear in the boss-rush stage before the final boss, in a different name and skin.
-Diverse battlefields. Slam, street, skyscraper, jungle, beach, dessert, lab, gym, relic, factory, base, mansion, dojo, castle... Environment and terrain can influence the fight, for example, kunoichi can climb on walls and trees, beating a girl to a wire-netting can rebound her back, walking in deep water makes characters slow. Deadly traps are just minor.
-Seductive sounds, a key ryona element. Girls have sexy voices during the fight, whether attack or being attacked, some words like "come on.""Not enough!""I failed..." are also attractive.
-Player's characters are the types the players intend to choose, like the ones discussed in other threads. Details will be stated when discussing characters. They have their own plots, own stages, own dialogues, later they may fight each other or the same final boss but they all fight for their own reasons. Maybe not all zakos and bosses serve the final boss, this makes plots easier.

Do you have any need or idea about these, like characters and plots?

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
I agree with you about the musou-type game. Dynasty Warriors 4 balances what you mean quite well. Enemy AI attacks very frequently but the player still can fight back..
My purposed game will be mostly hand-to-hand fight, therefore, enemy's damage is low and long range attack is few and can be dodged. I also have a similar idea as GURPS, when the enemy attacks the player, the player's character does not perform attack movement, the player's character automatically dodges the enemy's first attack and the player can use special counter attack during the progress.

For the heal mechanism, re-generating health very slowly when not in combat works to the player's character as well and the maximum health bar won't reduce. I also think Street of Rage 4's idea is good, after finishing a group of enemies, the player's health can re-generate certain amount if not get hit shortly. I also would like health items appear more frequently and be real medical items like painkiller, band and spray instead of a chicken from a rubbish bin.

For the map, what I mean is the camera can move and rotate with the player, does not mean the whole map might be in the player's view whole time. I just want the spawning mechanism makes some sense, for example, enemies gather outside the door and then open the door and get in the fight, the player can also get through the opened door, or enemies come with transport like truck or boat, or enemies jump down from windows/hills instead of from the air like Ninja Gaiden or mass teleporting like you speak. The player can know where the enemies come from and how many of them.

For the system, I am quite happy with all your suggestions, they are quite useful and fit my thought. Actually, some of them were left in my character part to improvise.
One-punch knock out does work on weak enemy like street thug in early stage. Still, the majority of enemy girls will be professional combatants.
Different enemy girls will perform different behavior, not just different in statistics and attack movements. Like off-balance we spoke:
-Military girls will be more organised and discipled, they catch off-balanced companion more often and can block player's following attack for her;
-Martial artist girls are more honorable, they intend to fight the player in a one-on-one fair fight, they will not mass the player with numbers or catch fly-projectiled girl, but dodge her, however, once the previous companion is defeated or get away for re-generation, the next one will immediately replace her;
-Wrestler girls are strong enough to catch not only off-balanced, but also flying girl so domino effect does not work on them.
-Some agile enemies like kunoichi can recover from off balance or knocking out quickly, however, their defense is low so strong attacks may kill her directly or making her too painful to do this.

I agree with you that a game fits a need rather than finding a need. I do not play games too often, the whole system thing is to make the player feel more achievable when defeating formidable girls, different difficulty fits different level players.
The basic need of this game are:
-Hot, sexy fight with many bodies.
-Zako girls bravely and willingly fight to death, fighting the player is by their free will and they are ready to die for it, no brainwashing and cheating. Their attitude is honest and serious. Some of them may get away the fight for re-generation, some of them may admit defeat but none of them will run for their lives or beg for mercy.
-The player's characters and zako girls respect each other as opponents. Everything done is for the fight, no torture, rape, humiliation or other inappropriate behaviour.
-Hand to hand combat (at least mostly). The fight is fatal, fierce, a little bloody but not guro.
-Diverse types of zako girls. As many as we can image in the relatively-realistic world, mainly the professional and trained ones, like thug girls (student, stripper, motorbike), security girls (night club, paramilitary, bodyguard), martial artist girls(kungfu, kickboxer, karate), sport girls(wrestler, yoga, rollerblade), military girls (camouflage, armored, marine), assassin girls(leather, stealth, kunoichi), warrior girls(samurai, knight, amazon), supportive girls(nurse, driver, coordinator).
-Sexy as well as practical costumes for zako girls. Their culture, training background, battlefield and, protection movements are considered. Fancy wear like high-heels are for the bosses. Costumes can be slightly damaged and dirted, still, stripping is not the key of the game.
-Bosses are unique. They will not appear in later stages as zakos. Considering game-making costs, they could appear in the boss-rush stage before the final boss, in a different name and skin.
-Diverse battlefields. Slam, street, skyscraper, jungle, beach, dessert, lab, gym, relic, factory, base, mansion, dojo, castle... Environment and terrain can influence the fight, for example, kunoichi can climb on walls and trees, beating a girl to a wire-netting can rebound her back, walking in deep water makes characters slow. Deadly traps are just minor.
-Seductive sounds, a key ryona element. Girls have sexy voices during the fight, whether attack or being attacked, some words like "come on.""Not enough!""I failed..." are also attractive.
-Player's characters are the types the players intend to choose, like the ones discussed in other threads. Details will be stated when discussing characters. They have their own plots, own stages, own dialogues, later they may fight each other or the same final boss but they all fight for their own reasons. Maybe not all zakos and bosses serve the final boss, this makes plots easier.

Do you have any need or idea about these, like characters and plots?

I love the martial artist girl idea though, but I'd prefer the game to be more like the Batman Arkham series or even Sifu. Not much of a musou-style game fan but still a good idea.

ran

Club Regular
I love the martial artist girl idea though, but I'd prefer the game to be more like the Batman Arkham series or even Sifu. Not much of a musou-style game fan but still a good idea.
I think our preferences are similar. I do not expect beating an enemy is as easy as in Musou.

Enemy number in Sifu is less than 10, too small to make body pile, in Musou is 100+, too big. 10-30 enemies each time is a moderate number.

osw

Club Regular
I think our preferences are similar. I do not expect beating an enemy is as easy as in Musou.

Enemy number in Sifu is less than 10, too small to make body pile, in Musou is 100+, too big. 10-30 enemies each time is a moderate number.
To keep every enemy unique and memorable, 10 is a good number for a level, Though there can be many settings for different themed enemies

ran

Club Regular
To keep every enemy unique and memorable, 10 is a good number for a level, Though there can be many settings for different themed enemies
Different themed and types of enemies are OK.

Making each of them unique is impossible, even Sifu has many similar enemies. Most enemies in beat'em up games are the same.

What is possible are:
-Making many appearance variations among the same type of enemy. However, for uniformed enemy like military girls, the variation cannot differentiate them significantly.
-Making some minor bosses among common zako girls, minor bosses possess the same moves like zakos but higher statistics, unique appearance, special scripts and cutscenes.

ran

Club Regular
Ive always wanted to remake the entire Growl game as one big image story.
What will be big image story will be? I think at least the poachers should have some guns, they cannot hunt animals with fists and grenades.

3 kinds of dolls are not enough for a bigger game. You have some mods for that right?

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
GrAPHic DESign is my PASSION

Fodder2.png

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Great!

Do you have more graphic designs like that?

I cannot draw but will commission someone to design my purposed zako characters of my concept game.

I'd like to see that, hopefully from Nonoririn or Zako22

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Great!

Do you have more graphic designs like that?

I cannot draw but will commission someone to design my purposed zako characters of my concept game.

No, that's my first time putting text on an image that wasn't so embarassing I wanted to die looking at it. But I do have a pixiv, it's right here, here's my pixiv: Weoooo

horatiojones80

Content Creator
honestly if someone where to post spritesheets of enemies they wanted in a game I would probably start trying to cobble something together. Spriting is generally what holds me back when making these ideas a reality.

AesVann

Designer
Writer
honestly if someone where to post spritesheets of enemies they wanted in a game I would probably start trying to cobble something together. Spriting is generally what holds me back when making these ideas a reality.
perhaps good start is doing cheap tricks, like using some posing tool to take couple screenshots and use them instead of drawing.

like pose a character standing looking to the side, then another leaning forward and facing forward.
save that bone and swap models for different characters. and you got very budget Nikke: goddess of war.

posing is just as difficult, but only have to do few and you can reuse them over and over.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Art, it turns out, is hard.

It's not really much help for your project(because your challenge is that you're trying to create a specific style of enemy), but there's lots of resources for people out there who are making 2d games and just want to see if they can MAKE the game. Aside from websites like Spriter's Resource, there's a massive amount of Mugen characters that are all, well, sprite based. There's a whole lot of h-characters that have lots of potentially useful animations for trying to make something if you're just trying to see if you can create mechanics, and since they're fan-made creations they're almost all free and easy to break apart.

I also should be clear to not sleep on websites like Spriter's Resource. Not only will it probably have things that interest you if you're here, but it can easily provide a good foundation to many types of game attempts. You can sort by genre, and if there's a game you're comparing your game to, you can look that up too.

If the thing that's holding you back from even trying to see if you can make something is that making art assets is fucking hard, just take 'em. You're not trying to make money here, you're trying to see if you can even do something. No one's gonna get mad that you used the sprites from the mobile Metal Slug that had all those cute girls in it to see if you can make a platform shooter like Metal Slug but you can molest the enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.