Possible to overwrite an SWF's skin code? (1 Viewer)

Ryf

Potential Patron
I'm loving dynamic imports, and it's nice that the artists put the extra effort in to make a skin code, but is there any way to ignore the skin code and just load the hair? I try to put together my own own codes with the new mod manager thing in the loader, but whenever I load a skin code and an swf with it's own skin code, the swf takes priority my own code doesn't load properly.

Mezzora

Potential Patron
It's not exactly what you want but you're able to make a code load after the dynamic import with ModGuy's mod since 3.2, which would have the same results.
It doesn't work for me so it would be great if you could confirm that it's not just me being too stupid.

Edit: After reading your post again you already confirmed that.

Ryf

Potential Patron
Make the code load after the swf? How exactly? If I did try that it was by accident, since I'm not aware of it.

ModGuy

Content Creator
I worked hard on this error and even wrote out a long explanation as to why it won't work.
It's really not my fault.
http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=91.msg10059#msg10059

limecat

Potential Patron
sorry for ancient b.ump(I suck cocks) but loading dynamic hairs with my own code.txt would be awesome.

How to fix? Is it possible now as a lot has changed?

If not, how do i load/decompile a .swf to remove/add my own code?

Zalord

Content Creator
I wrote a mod that does this (Take that, ModGuy from 3 years ago.) It's called StopSWFCode and it's in my loader imports thread HERE. Place it in the folder of the character that you're loading and put it at the top of Mods.txt and it will stop swfs from changing the character data.

I'm almost done with a version that goes into your $INIT$ folder and only works if there's a code.txt file in the character folder. Just gotta add one small thing and it will be ready. It's actually probably already ready, but I want to test it a bit more before uploading it.

neuromech said:
If not, how do i load/decompile a .swf to remove/add my own code?

I found that just the act of decompiling a lot of these mods breaks them, which is what made me write this mod in the first place.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Well no, its still not possible. You're just avoiding the problem.
Also proxies were introduced recently, they weren't around back then.
Good job anyway.

Zalord

Content Creator
I finished the $INIT$ version. It will block code loading if the character folder has a code.txt file. It's in my loader imports thread.

EDIT:
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=5521.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.