.PNG additional imports (1 Viewer)

havok6669

Potential Patron
I was wondering how difficult it would be to allow multiple .PNG "Hairstyles" to be loaded on top of eachother. For example load the hairstyle as regular through the modding tool, then for example load a .PNG for a hat or glasses or makeup or piercings etc. Im aware u can edit the hairstyles to include these features using gimp etc for each hairstyle but i believe this would allow alot more versatility for easy .PNG addons for the head. this way u can edit several versions of pigtails etc to match the hair and then add it to any hairstyle much like a .swf import i hope it's nothing too difficult to add support for and thanks again for all ur awesome work :]

SuzieBrave

Potential Patron
Its not that easy to draw these modular elements in a way that they all match each other. Besides, the .swf`s, as you know, already could be used like that.

BTW: You know the "hair elements toggle", right?

Chance

Content Creator
havok6669 said:
I was wondering how difficult it would be to allow multiple .PNG "Hairstyles" to be loaded on top of eachother. For example load the hairstyle as regular through the modding tool, then for example load a .PNG for a hat or glasses or makeup or piercings etc. Im aware u can edit the hairstyles to include these features using gimp etc for each hairstyle but i believe this would allow alot more versatility for easy .PNG addons for the head. this way u can edit several versions of pigtails etc to match the hair and then add it to any hairstyle much like a .swf import i hope it's nothing too difficult to add support for and thanks again for all ur awesome work :]
You can use the swf mods to do just that. It may take you some time to figure out how they work and to set the files right, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to customize the png import in the blink of an eye.

ModGuy

Content Creator
This is already possible:
http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=1976.msg25340#msg25340

havok6669

Potential Patron
well i have tried the hair overlay it does combine 2 .PNG files but im talking about being able to stack several if u so wish and .PNG images are much faster and easier than flash for most to create. What im proposing is to be able to enable a mode where when u load a hairstyle then load another it doesnt cancel the first hairstyle and could continue to load .PNG "hairstyles" untill u refresh or exit.

ModGuy

Content Creator
havok6669 said:
well i have tried the hair overlay it does combine 2 .PNG files but im talking about being able to stack several if u so wish and .PNG images are much faster and easier than flash for most to create. What im proposing is to be able to enable a mode where when u load a hairstyle then load another it doesnt cancel the first hairstyle and could continue to load .PNG "hairstyles" untill u refresh or exit.

I understand the idea but it's not technically desirable.
Would cause a fair share of lag and would be a pain to cleanly unload the files.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
ModGuy said:
havok6669 said:

I understand the idea but it's not technically desirable.
Would cause a fair share of lag and would be a pain to cleanly unload the files.
Your Hair Overlay mod doesn't do that?

havok6669

Potential Patron
thanks for all ur help and feedback guys :] ill try to get a copy of cs5 to play around with for making my .PNG into .SWF mods and thanks again mod guy for ur tehnical assistance and expertise. it's unfortunate that additional .PNG imports would lag it down so much. i havent ever dealt with flash files but i used to make 3d models and textures and animations on imvu so hopefully its not much more difficult than meshing on 3dstudio max

SuzieBrave

Potential Patron
havok6669 said:
thanks for all ur help and feedback guys :] ill try to get a copy of cs5 to play around with for making my .PNG into .SWF mods and thanks again mod guy for ur tehnical assistance and expertise. it's unfortunate that additional .PNG imports would lag it down so much. i havent ever dealt with flash files but i used to make 3d models and textures and animations on imvu so hopefully its not much more difficult than meshing on 3dstudio max

Just had to mention i have an IMVU account too, :) . I work with AutoCad (a lot), also experience with Rhino, C4D, 3ds, and many more. I used to do my scripting with the grasshopper plugin for Rhino. Besides that, i am scripting newbie. Unfortunately, you cant get around scripting when registering/publishing the mods, but i manage (more or less).
I just consider this to be a fun way of learning scripting.

All you would have to do is not unquote the unload of the exsisting mod in the script (which i frequently manage to do, by accident)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.