Performance drop, all the sudden? (1 Viewer)

Dotar

Vivacious Visitor
Hey,

So I'v noticed in the past couple of days a huge performance drop in the loader especially when theres spit and cumstrains etc in the screen, like huge drops fps down to near 1-2 or something.

This has not been a problem before, as I do have pretty nice high-end computer. It just appeared few days ago :( !

Any idea what might have caused it and now to fix it? I tried disk defragmenting and disableing other progrems while loader is up, but none helped so far.

Edit: Also doesnt help if I turn the quality low from medium(which I usually play with)

Edit2: Turning off strand shaders did the job, but I sort of want to keep it on, still looking for the reason that caused the huge performance drop in the first place :(

ModGuy

Content Creator
Dotar said:
Edit2: Turning off strand shaders did the job, but I sort of want to keep it on, still looking for the reason that caused the huge performance drop in the first place

Isn't that your reason right there?
I don't know about performance drops but I do know that using Adobe's standalone flash player normally results in a higher framerate.

Dotar

Vivacious Visitor
ModGuy said:
Dotar said:
Edit2: Turning off strand shaders did the job, but I sort of want to keep it on, still looking for the reason that caused the huge performance drop in the first place

Isn't that your reason right there?
I don't know about performance drops but I do know that using Adobe's standalone flash player normally results in a higher framerate.

Thats the one im using, and yes, but it worked fine few days ago with shading enabled

ModGuy

Content Creator
If you were using the exact same setup for the last few days then isn't it an issue with something else?

Dotar

Vivacious Visitor
ModGuy said:
If you were using the exact same setup for the last few days then isn't it an issue with something else?

Thats what im trying to figure out :/

ModGuy

Content Creator
Wow I'm terrible at this.
Keep in mind that certain mods are resource intensive, can you try running SDT.swf without any mods?
Use a base character with no additions, see if that runs smoothly.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
It also could be playing at full screen. The smaller you make the flash Player window, the faster any flash will run

Pim_gd

Content Creator
AaRL said:
It also could be playing at full screen. The smaller you make the flash Player window, the faster any flash will run
Lies.

Flash does not like rescaling non-vector art. If you resize the window, flash will run slower. Even if you make it smaller. If you resize it to a multiple of something, it might have less of an impact, though. (like 50% or 200%)

ModGuy

Content Creator
Resizing is indeed without quality loss, but the computations scale with the window size.
Things like AA and blend effects will of course require more resources with a larger render.
That's probably why reducing quality improves framerate, it just skips applying those effects.

Dotar

Vivacious Visitor
Is it possible the flash might lag because I got too many characters saved on the list? Dno if I'm just imagening things, but I took backup copy from my saved characters and then deleted them, the game ran better O_o

ModGuy

Content Creator
If the lag was being caused by the SharedObject (save) size then it would only lag when flushing that data.
It wouldn't be a constant lag as with what you're experiencing.
One way to test this to add 40 or something blank characters to see if that makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.