BreathHackV1.1 question(s) (1 Viewer)

Tombstone

Content Creator
I am just having a 'elluva time getting BreathHack to do what I want it to do. Maybe it can't even be done. I think it's more likely that I am just doing something wrong. It IS an older mod, so perhaps something newer has broken it? I'm loading the mod via ".\Loader5.45\Mods\(CustomCharacterFolder)\Mods.txt", and "breathHackV1.mod" is also in ".\Loader5.45\Mods\(CustomCharacterFolder)". The "breathHackV1settings.txt" file is in the".\Loader5.45\Settings" folder, unedited from the default, and I have inserted the variable modifiers I'm trying to use into ".\Loader5.45\Mods\CustomCharacterFolder\Code.txt".

In short, I am basically attempting to completely shut off the breath/passout function entirely, while still being able to use DA's [KNOCK_OUT] and [WAKE_UP] triggers in dialogue.

This mod's "breathLossMultiplier=" and "breathGainMultiplier=" seem to be the keys to this, and if I'm reading the documentation right, setting the "Loss" multiplier to some huge number (like "99999999.9" or somesuch) and the "Gain" multiplier to "0.0", that should keep the Breath counter at 100% all the time, no matter what is going on, and yet the girl still loses breath!

Also, if I understand correctly, the 'g.passOutFactor" doesn't start changing until until the "g.currentBreathValue" reaches 0% (I know 'gain' and 'loss' are a bit counter-intuitive here, the higher the internal variable's value, the lower the UI counter's value), so if I can figure out the right setting to stop the "g.currentBreathValue" from incrementing at all, and keep the UI Counter at 100% all the time, no matter what, then the PassOut Multipliers shouldn't need to be changed from the defaults, right?

So assuming that's actually wrong, I set the PassOut multipliers as follows; Loss=(again, some huge number) and Gain="0.0", so even if the Breath counter drops to 0%, the Fatigue counter should either hold at 100% (this didn't happen), or drop to 0% (this did happen), and the girl should stay awake regardless. But she went off to dreamland anyway....

I even tried running the Loader in Flash debug mode, but nothing happened, so... The mod is doing... something. There's definitely some change to the rate at which she gains/loses breath/fatigue. But I can't seem to figure out how to control it, or make it do what the documentation says it should be able to do. I sent Mr. Stuntcock (the kind fella who wrote this mod) a PM before discovering that he's been MIA for some time. If there's someone out there who understands this stuff, and can point out what I'm doing wrong, I would be most grateful.

// BreathHack v1.1
// This mod alters the mathematical parameters of SDT's breath system, so that the girl will be more (or less) vulnerable to air deprivation.
//
// This is the settings file for the BreathHack mod. Please place this file in your SDT\Settings\ subfolder.
//
// The settings below will be applied during game startup. You can assign custom breath parameters on a per-character basis, by manually including special
// arguments within your character's charcode. Example:
// charName:SD chan;mood:Normal;bodyScale:1;breathGainMultiplier=0.5;breathLossMultiplier=2.5;passOutGainMultiplier=1.2;passOutLossMultiplier=0.7;

breathGainMultiplier=1.0
// Any INCREASE in air hunger will be multiplied by this value.
// Setting the multiplier to zero means that the girl will never become uncomfortable or aspyhxiated.
// Setting a large value means that the girl will experience air hunger more quickly. She'll still take time to actually pass out.
// Setting a small value means that the girl will have greater "endurance" and will last longer before she shows signs of distress.
// Default value: 1.0.
// Allowable values: 0.0 to infinity.

breathLossMultiplier=1.0
// Any DECREASE in air hunger will be multiplied by this value.
// Setting the multiplier to zero means that the girl will *never* catch her breath. Once she begins to hyperventilate,
// she'll continue to do so permanently.
// Setting a large value means that the girl will recover more quickly from air hunger. She'll hyperventilate for shorter periods.
// Setting a small value means that the girl will have weaker "endurance" and will need longer to recover after deep throating.

passOutGainMultiplier=1.0
// Any INCREASE in fatigue will be multiplied by this value.
// Setting the multiplier to zero means that the girl will never become unconscious.
// Setting a large value means that the girl will pass out more quickly after she depletes her air supply.
// Setting a small value means that the girl will have greater "endurance" and will continue to struggle for air for a longer time.

passOutLossMultiplier=1.0
// Any DECREASE in fatigue will be multiplied by this value.
// Setting the multiplier to zero means that the girl will *never* reawaken. Once she falls unconscious, she will remain unconscious.
// Setting a large value means that the girl will recover more quickly from fatigue. If she falls unconscious then she'll reawaken
// more quickly.
// Setting a small value means that the girl will have weaker "endurance". If she falls unconscious then she'll need a longer recovery
// period before she'll reopen her eyes.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
I'm loading the mod via ".\Loader5.45\Mods\(CustomCharacterFolder)\Mods.txt", and "breathHackV1.mod" is also in ".\Loader5.45\Mods\(CustomCharacterFolder)". The "breathHackV1settings.txt" file is in the".\Loader5.45\Settings" folder, unedited from the default, and I have inserted the variable modifiers I'm trying to use into ".\Loader5.45\Mods\CustomCharacterFolder\Code.txt".

Install breath hack this way

breathGainMultiplier=0
breathLossMultiplier=99.0
everything else default

She will lose 50% breath when first breaking her throat, lower her intro and throat resistance to make this easier, once broken she stays at 100%

After that it works for me I never see her lose breath.

post your $INIT$ mods.txt if you still have trouble

Tombstone

Content Creator
Okay, that is definitely a step in the right direction. It behaves like you described, except... When hilted, her breath drops like a rock.

Here's what I have now:
tree.png

sby_default/loadingscreenV1/loadingscreenV1.swf
;
sby_default/TemplateExtensionV7_sby/TemplateExtensionV7_sby.swf
;
Default/FinishesCounter.swf
Default/VigourCounter.swf
Default/PleasureCounter.swf
Default/BreathCounter.swf
[[Portions of file removed for brevity. Everything in this space is Loader Default text]]

sby_default/deepthroatactionsV6/deepthroatactionsV6.swf
sby_default/swallowguzzleV2/swallowguzzleV2.swf
sby_default/ignoreherclothingpenisV3/ignoreherclothingpenisV3.swf
sby_default/regulaterandomV5/regulaterandomV5.swf
sby_default/dialogdisplayeditV7/dialogdisplayeditV7.swf
sby_default/gaggeddialogV2/gaggeddialogV2.swf
;
dialog_extension_mods/sdtdialogueactionsV4.12_fork_sby/bin/SDTDialogueActions.swf
dialog_extension_mods/MoreTriggers v2.22a/MoreTriggers.swf
dialog_extension_mods/DA_sbyAddonsV2_1/DA_sbyAddonsV2_1.swf
;
sby_default/animtoolsV35/animtoolsV35.swf
sby_default/moreclothingV11/moreclothingV11.swf
;
adds/breathHackv1_1/breathHackV1.mod
;
sby_default/loadingscreenV1/loadingscreenV1.swf

mood:Submissive;
bodyScale:0.700;
breathGainMultiplier=0.0;
breathLossMultiplier=99.0;
passOutGainMultiplier=0.0;
passOutLossMultiplier=99.0;

arms:onhislegs,onhislegs;
throatResist:50;
hair:bald,;
iris:wide,23,57,102,1;
breasts:90;
skin:light;
nose:normal;
ear:normal;

((Obviously this isn't the entire file, just the lines involved with the issue.))

This is the Character Mods.txt file:

AnySizeHer_v1_4_1.swf
;;breathHackV1.mod
dialogspeedV1.swf
ffbehaviorV3_1.swf
nymph_wings.swf
her_wedding_ring.mod

All of the above mod files are in the Character folder, in addition to wherever else sby may have put them. Note that breathHackV1.mod is commented out, since we are loading it via $INIT$ now.

((all other setting parameters in THIS file are set to the default values, for reasons highlighted below))

applySettingsAfterReset=1
// The settings specified in this file will be applied ONCE, when the mod is loaded. This may coincide with the game's startup.
// You might subsequently alter the breath parameters while the mod is running, in the form of custom CharCodes.
// For example, you might load a robot girl who doesn't need oxygen and can't be asphyxiated.
// Afterwards (e.g. when loading a human girl), you might wish to switch back to the default values contained in this file.
// Obviously, it's a bit inconvenient if you need to splice extra text into the charcode for EACH of your human girls.
// So the mod provides a time-saving option.
// If the applySettingsAfterReset option is set to 1, then the mod will reapply its breath-multiplier values whenever a RESET occurs.
// If the applySettingsAfterReset option is set to 0, the mod will apply these settings ONLY during startup.
// Default value: 1
// Allowable values: 0 or 1

I know I didn't install the mod exactly as tickles directed, but I like to keep stuff I've added to the loader segregated from all the stuff that comes included with it. I'm sort of OCD in that way. I don't think it should make any difference though.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
some side notes

moremoods' 'spent' and 'broken' use the sdt function
g.setBreathTo
to do some breath level manipulation for the mood, and breathhack does not regulate this function

it is the same function used on firstDT that causes her breath meter to go to 50%

i also would not be surprised if breastexpansionplus manipulated breathlevel as well if using that

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
For some reason I type something but forgot to post it :I

adds/breathHackv1_1/breathHackV1.mod
A sub folder is perfectly acceptable

When hilted, her breath drops like a rock.

You mean it snaps to 80% or 50%? though doesn't it stay there? That's the throat breaking effect I described above

Spoiler: $INIT$\Mods.txt

sby_default/deepthroatactionsV6/deepthroatactionsV6.swf

Disable deepthroat actions and see if that solves your issue as it contains optional independent maths for adjusting breath and pleasure on certain actions like hilting. From there you can check its settings.txt and remove what you don't like.

Tombstone

Content Creator
'moremoods' 'spent' and 'broken' use the sdt function
g.setBreathTo
to do some breath level manipulation for the mood, and breathhack does not regulate this function

i also would not be surprised if breastexpansionplus manipulated breathlevel as well if using that
MoreMoods:
If I disable those two moods in the settings file (remove them from the menu), and don't use them in my dialogues, then it shouldn't be an issue?
BreastExpPlus:
Looking at the BreastExpPlus settings, most of the stuff in there I will probably never utilize, personally. However, I do like the idea of being able to scale various elements beyond the limits of the vanilla game, I would hate to lose that capability.

For some reason I type something but forgot to post it :I
That happens to me all the time. My train of thought is in a state of perpetual derailment.

You mean it snaps to 80% or 50%? though doesn't it stay there? That's the throat breaking effect I described above
No, I observed the snap to 50%, then I let her get back to 100% before doing anything. It seemed to work fine until I hilted her, then it incremented down, really fast... Like you're watching it: 92%, 84%, 76%, 68%, and so on like that. About 8 percent a second. I pulled her off, and let her get back to 100%, and again she was fine doing regular DT, the counter didn't move at all. As soon as I hilted, the counter plummeted like SkyLab (<-bonus obscure 80's reference).

Disable deepthroat actions and see if that solves your issue as it contains optional independent maths for adjusting breath and pleasure on certain actions like hilting. From there you can check its settings.txt and remove what you don't like.

I'll try that disabling DA, then comb through the settings file and see if something looks suspicious. Between DA v2.1, The v4.12 "fork", and MoreTriggers, there are a lot of things to sift through. Those particular mods have a lot of features I don't want to have to lose. In fact, the whole point of this exercise was being able to instantly knock her out (0%/0%) and instantly wake her up (100%/100%) in dialogue, while being functionally immune to both Breath and Fatigue effects, vis-à-vis there being a huge schlong blocking off her airway. If I lose that capability, then the whole core concept for my story project is completely shot.

Thanks for the assistance, both of you. I'll get back to you after I do some more testing on the issues you've pointed out...

sby

Content Creator
Coder
for moremoods, if you are not using those couple of moods, it is not going to affect the breath based on the things i was checking. (some other moods manipulate the breath greatly, like frightened to keep her breathing fast)

you can see if it is deepthroat actions doing it easily by going to the modpage in game and disabling the mod enable checkbox. it is usually disabled by default, but you could have tweaked the included settings.

Tombstone

Content Creator
you can see if it is deepthroat actions doing it easily by going to the modpage in game and disabling the mod enable checkbox. it is usually disabled by default, but you could have tweaked the included settings.

I had forgotten until you mentioned it, but you're right. You have to enable DA. I've not yet looked into how to enable it by default. I have enabled it manually once or twice, when I think about it. But when I have, I usually uncheck every box that starts with "BreathLevel" and "PassoutFactor". But if the whole thing is not even enabled, then it shouldn't be affecting BreathHack, right?

for moremoods, if you are not using those couple of moods, it is not going to affect the breath based on the things i was checking. (some other moods manipulate the breath greatly, like frightened to keep her breathing fast)

The only moods I use generally, are Happy, Excited, Elated, Horny, Aggressive, Angry, Smug, Submissive, and well, Normal obviously. Now, if I've downloaded someone else's dialogue and then just run it, the author may have used some of those moods. But in those cases BreathHack is running defaults from the \Loader5.45\Settings\breathHackV1settings.txt file.

I'm only trying to use freaky-deaky breath variables (that I can't make work the way I want, which is why I'm here) from within Character Code files, and then only with my own crude dialogues where I don't use moods other than those I mentioned. So it seems MoreMoods isn't the issue either.

Here's something that always struck me as peculiar; In the breathHackV1settings.txt file, stuntcock wrote "Allowable values: 0.0 to infinity". Infinity? Really? So then "99999999999999999999999999999999.9" would be a valid value? Now, I'm no programmer, but I've been around computers since floppy disks were actually 'floppy', and 256Kb of RAM was considered a lot (yes, you read that right, I said "Kb", as in Kilobytes. I'm that old), and I didn't think you could use multipliers that way. There must be a value above which the game just says; "No, screw you. You're ridiculous and I'm not doing that." On the other hand, he wrote the thing, so he would know, right? And he IS a programmer, which I certainly am not. "Infinity" just seems... odd to me.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i didn't bother looking at the source much, but usually limited to the data types used, it is fairly high, and you shouldn't need anything close to that as max breath is usually 50. for that multiplier thing, anything over 1000 shouldn't make a difference.
(looking at source files, addbreath of -0.05 was the smallest i saw)

also the loss of breath (considered as breath gain or hunger in his notes) is already multiplied by zero in those settings mentioned earlier. i suggest commenting out a ton of init mods and see if it still occurs with almost no other mods loaded.

also here is at least one cap on what that value can be set at:

Tombstone

Content Creator
For a moment there, I thought I had it working. Breath was staying at 100% at all times, never moving regardless of what was happening in the game UI. Exactly what I wanted to happen.

There's only one problem... It seems to have become a permanent effect. I've somehow broken the game!

Every character, with or without the BreathHack variables in Code.txt, non-custom and/or randomized characters, including sdchan. I tried commenting BreathHack out of Mods.txt (so it isn't even being loaded), it's still doing it!

But wait, there's more! I then tried running SDT.swf (the vanilla game) straight from .\Loader5.45 (not running the shortcut or batch file that starts Loader.swf), nope, still doing it!

Finally, I copied SDT.swf out of .\Loader5.45 to a temporary folder, and ran it from there, that "fixed" it. Breath functions back to normal, and sdchan passes out as intended.

What the heck did I do? Is there a cache somewhere that needs to be cleared?

Tombstone

Content Creator
Okay, so I toggled the "Clueless Noob" button back on. And I'm right back where I started.

breathGainMultiplier=0
everything else default

She will lose 50% breath when first breaking her throat, lower her intro and throat resistance to make this easier, once broken she stays at 100%

After that it works for me I never see her lose breath.

I can't puzzle out what I'm doing differently. I checked all that stuff sby mentioned. I tried changing the variables in CharCode, I tried changing the variables in the main settings file, I tried '25.0', '50.0' and your '99.0'. If I could figure out how to put it in a plain text file, I would even try '.0'.

Short of pulling out every mod in the loader and then adding them back in one-by-one, which is I guess what I have to do. *sigh*

sby

Content Creator
Coder
just comment out half of them in your init mods text file like this:
1644699179638.png

if the breath fixes, you know that something in that batch is doing it. then try only commenting half of that batch and such

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Code:
breathGainMultiplier=0       

passOutGainMultiplier=0       

passOutLossMultiplier=99.0   

applySettingsAfterReset=1

Code:
dialogue_name:"Test Bed"
all:"CLEAR"
initial_settings:{"x":"*", "SYSTEM.LOGIC":0, "SYSTEM.Message":0, "SYSTEM.Menu":0,}

;Reset, Title and load
start:"[LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*]"{"style":"him", "set":{"SYSTEM.Message":1, "SYSTEM.Menu":"First"}}

;===============================;
;                               ;
;     ---- System ----          ;

intro:"[general_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
general:"[general_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
general_INSTANT:"[LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*]"{"style":"him"}

;Restore after clear;
pulled_down:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][show_menu_*SYSTEM.Message*]" {"style":"him"}

;Button routing
button10:"[button10_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
button9:"[button9_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
button8:"[button8_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
button7:"[button7_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
button6:"[button6_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
button5:"[button5_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
button4:"[button4_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
button3:"[button3_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
button2:"[button2_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}
button1:"[button1_INSTANT]" {"style":"him"}

button10_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*_Option10]"{"style":"him"}
button9_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*_Option9]"{"style":"him"}
button8_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*_Option8]"{"style":"him"}
button7_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*_Option7]"{"style":"him"}
button6_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*_Option6]"{"style":"him"}
button5_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*_Option5]"{"style":"him"}
button4_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*_Option4]"{"style":"him"}
button3_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*_Option3]"{"style":"him"}
button2_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*_Option2]"{"style":"him"}
button1_INSTANT:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*_Option1]"{"style":"him"}

;      ---- Menus ----          ;

LOGIC_1_First:"Hello World![LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*]"{"style":"him", "set":{"SYSTEM.Message":0}}
LOGIC_0_First:"[BUTTONALL_ON]"{"style":"him", "set":{"da.button10.name":"K.O"}}
LOGIC_0_First_Option10:"[KNOCK_OUT][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*]"{"style":"him", "set":{"SYSTEM.Message":1, "SYSTEM.Menu":"Second", "da.sdtoptions.breathing":0}}

LOGIC_1_Second:"This is a test[LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*]"{"style":"him", "set":{"SYSTEM.Message":0}}
LOGIC_0_Second:"[BUTTONALL_ON]"{"style":"him", "set":{"da.button10.name":"Clear!!!"}}
LOGIC_0_Second_Option10:"[WAKE_UP][LOGIC_*SYSTEM.Message*_*SYSTEM.Menu*]"{"style":"him", "set":{"SYSTEM.Message":1, "SYSTEM.Menu":"First", "da.sdtoptions.breathing":1}}

breaking still goes to 50% or 80% but insta recovers, She never becomes uncomfortable or breaths heavily
if you disable breath sounds at the same time as calling knock out it stays put at 0 even when pulled off she never regains oxygen you have 100% control
reenable sounds sounds so wake up works at the same time as calling it sets her to 100 oxygen

check Dialogue actions documentation

there is also this that you can play around with
da.breathPercentage {read and write} - for her breath level (this drops first)
da.oxygenPercentage {read and write} - for her oxygen level (this drops when she starts passing out)

Tombstone

Content Creator
Code:
breathGainMultiplier=0.0;
In CharCode, or in the settings file?

Code:
dialogue_name:"Test Bed"
That's brilliant. I'm totally using that for testing this going forward.

breaking still goes to 50% or 80% but insta recovers, She never becomes uncomfortable or breaths heavily
Right. Except on hilt, still. The hilt condition remains totally unaffected by BreathHack, for me. I tried commenting out sby's mods in groups like he suggested, none of them seem to make any difference at all.

It works as designed for you, even on hilt condition? I just can't puzzle out what I'm doing different...

if you disable breath sounds at the same time as calling knock out it stays put at 0 even when pulled off she never regains oxygen you have 100% control
reenable sounds sounds so wake up works at the same time as calling it sets her to 100 oxygen

there is also this that you can play around with
Code:
da.breathPercentage {read and write} - for her breath level (this drops first)
da.oxygenPercentage {read and write} - for her oxygen level (this drops when she starts passing out)
I might be able to utilize "da.sdtoptions.breathing", "da.breathPercentage", and "da.oxygenPercentage" to get the end result I am looking for, and eschew BreakHack entirely, but clearly some... fiddling is required.

I've managed to get the [KNOCK_OUT] and [WAKE_UP] triggers working perfectly in my dialogue script thanks to this little gem:
CustomAutomationV7. I'll send you my dialogue script if you'd like to take a look at it.

What I need (and those DA variables may be my answer, since it's looking more like BreathHack is not), is a way to stop her from losing breath all the rest of the time (I'm also really trying to prevent this thread from changing from "Help me get BreathHack to work" into "Help me make my dialogue do fancy tricks", because I know there's a different area for that).

sby

Content Creator
Coder
upload your loader folder somewhere if you want a deeper dive into what is causing the breath to be lost.
i tried out snow's settings for the mod, and got the same result of maintaining 100% on hilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.