Pat's loader imports (7/27 - Skinny-Legs Fishnet (four of a kind) (1 Viewer)

Shade

Content Creator
Re: Patrick's Mods

Patrick said:
... Just like the foreground hasn't been developed.

You might be interested in the Video Camera Display I've put together (here). It is a Loader Mod, and is somewhat buggy, but it might lead you to more inspiration.

Edit:

Erm...

Looks like I broke something...

Edit 2:

Looks like I fixed it.

Patrice

Content Creator

oh snap!! that's pretty much exactly what I had in mind; Edit: even down to (what I'd never be able to pull of): a timer, a blinking REC symbol, and draining battery symbol. All of which is freaking awesome!! ;D - i should add.

For that mod to basically be complete, the neutral eyes code, by Sby is all that'd be needed. I don't think I could improve very much on you guy's work, so I think one of you should just make the mod available. I advise you talk to Sby and do this thing!! Or, if Sby is cool with it, I can give you the FLA to the mod in the picture posted earlier.

Shade

Content Creator

Patrick said:
oh snap!! that's pretty much exactly what I had in mind; even down to the timer.

For that mod to basically be complete, the neutral eyes code, by Sby is all that'd be needed. I don't think I could improve very much on you guy's work, so I think one of you should just make the mod available. I advise you talk to Sby and do this thing!! Or, if Sby is cool with it, I can give you the FLA to the mod in the picture posted earlier.

Behavioral mods are more Sby's thing, though I'm sure he could just package the eye mod so it can be loaded in tandem with mine. I can imagine people will want the Mona Lisa Mod without using the Video Camera Mod, and the Video Camera Mod without the Mona Lisa Mod. So rather than making three mods, just make two that can load together.

Hell, just because I've done it doesn't mean you shouldn't. You'll probably come up with something different and unique to you. I doubt anyone would complain about having more choices. :D

As it is I need to write a huge chunk of code to replace SDT's default screenshot feature with one that captures the Camera Display, you may find a better way around it than I've come up with.

Patrice

Content Creator

good point!

And now that I recall.... I actually, had some a few other ideas about how the camera display might/should look (without being as animated as yours), so I'll see what I can do when I get the chance. Thanks! 8)

Nice touch with the battery running out of juice, btw

sby

Content Creator
Coder

Shade said:
Patrick said:
oh snap!! that's pretty much exactly what I had in mind; even down to the timer.

Behavioral mods are more Sby's thing, though I'm sure he could just package the eye mod so it can be loaded in tandem with mine. I can imagine people will want the Mona Lisa Mod without using the Video Camera Mod, and the Video Camera Mod without the Mona Lisa Mod. So rather than making three mods, just make two that can load together.

Hell, just because I've done it doesn't mean you shouldn't. You'll probably come up with something different and unique to you. I doubt anyone would complain about having more choices. :D

As it is I need to write a huge chunk of code to replace SDT's default screenshot feature with one that captures the Camera Display, you may find a better way around it than I've come up with.

i think releasing the mods separately is the correct choice: one with screen-facing eyes, and one for camera recording overlay. it would be as simple as putting the camera mod in the same folder and supplying a Mods.txt file to say to load both.
and you guys are certainly free to share the fla,code, and what-not; i posted that code in the thread for anyone to see/use.

also shade, i believe if you use faceless's method of adding the overlay, the screenshot will have the camera stuff in it:
"main.g.frontLayer.addChild(frontLayer);
main.registerToRemove(frontLayer);"

so it would be something like:
Code:
var myfrontLayer:Object;
function initl(l)			
{
myfrontLayer = new newfrontLayer();
l.g.frontLayer.addChild(myfrontLayer);
l.registerToRemove(myfrontLayer);
l.unloadMod();
}

edit - just realized that you did other stuff for zooming ~from other thread
i would suggest registering a new key to press to take the screenshot that includes the camera... if you have trouble with preventing the old screenshot from happening.

Shade

Content Creator

sby said:
also shade, i believe if you use faceless's method of adding the overlay, the screenshot will have the camera stuff in it:

At first I had it that way, but the display kept moving around and had some sizing issues, so I hacked deeper into SDT and added it to main. I'm sure that's a terrible way of doing it, but it allowed for zooming. I've sent Faceless the code I used if your interested, though it tends to break mouse movement registration when you have large areas that are covered, so it's by no means a good solution for every mod.

sby said:
edit - just realized that you did other stuff for zooming ~from other thread
i would suggest registering a new key to press to take the screenshot that includes the camera... if you have trouble with preventing the old screenshot from happening.

ModGuy hooked me up with some code which I modified a little to behave more like the original SDT screenshot feature. I haven't unregistered the standard screenshot feature as it gives people the choice of either including the camera display or excluding it (Like a real camera would), though I'm having some issues removing the key up event listener on mod unload, which can cause Flash to crash when trying to take a screenshot after the mods been loaded a few times.

ModGuy

Content Creator

sby said:

Alternatively:
Code:
main.loadManual(frontLayer, main.g.frontLayer);

Shade said:
I'm having some issues removing the key up event listener on mod unload, which can cause Flash to crash when trying to take a screenshot after the mods been loaded a few times.

Don't add your own listener, I've replied on your other post.
To clarify though:
Code:
registerFunction(f,key)		Calls function f when key is pressed. key is ASCII.

Shade

Content Creator

ModGuy said:
Don't add your own listener, I've replied on your other post.
To clarify though:
Code:
registerFunction(f,key)		Calls function f when key is pressed. key is ASCII.

Thanks. I saw you're other reply but haven't had a chance to look into it yet. It's probably about time I stopped hacking my own shit together and learn more about the structure you've already set up.

Patrice

Content Creator

Shade said:
I'll be interested to see what you come up with! :D

I've given up on trying to do my own take of what you did with the video camera display; at least for now.

I've posted the eye-position mod that sby helped me with. I've basically done what I wanted to do or see done, so I'm calling it finished. Faceless could add a pupil or you could add it to your mod, or we could see them work together as separate mods in 1 folder.

On another note: I've looked into my Parallels desktop (Windows emulator) problem and located a bunch of old FLA mod files. They were actually all sitting quietly in a virtual disk drive that was not currently being used by the Virtual Windows OS. So, I will be posting those FLA files once I've sorted out the mess.

Patrice

Content Creator

All FLA files are up.

I kinda want to add the mod files in there, but I'm afraid they'll break again, if not already broken enough.
Edit: mod files are up now too

spike4379

Potential Patron

Just out of curiousity, i love your mods but i dont know how to load FLA files into the loader. how exactly would one do that?

Patrice

Content Creator

Faceless said:
You don't. Those are source files, guy.

Yep, that's right.

I suppose I could post a weblink to where the actual mod or an adaptation, remake, revised or enhanced version of it is. As of now, I've found two places like that. I've posted those two links under the appropriate thingy, saying: "MOD IS HERE>>.....". If I find any others, or if anyone lets me know where there's another, then I guess that that link can go up as well.

Edit: Done. Mod files are up now as well.

Patrice

Content Creator

apparently, and since we're in the Mod drought season... I just posted the "skinny-stomach" mod up top in the first post.

I kinda lied. Actually, I just found and remembered that I did that mod. LOL

Edit: No, you probably can't make her stomach skinnier; unless you do something to the upper-most section of "her" right thigh... if that makes any sense.

tanksk1

Potential Patron

The skinny stomach mod doesn't appear to match the color of pale/tan skin.

Patrice

Content Creator

tanksk1 said:
The skinny stomach mod doesn't appear to match the color of pale/tan skin.

I think it would require 4 separate mod files to accomplish that. Besides, this is true for all of my mods except for the one named "changed-iris target".

sby

Content Creator
Coder

derqer14141r said:
can't use it with sby's BreastExpansion
assuming you are talking about the skinny stomach.

i am guessing you can, but one of the stomachs is loaded in front of the other one.
you should be able to if you turn off the belly expansion part of the mod in the mod's settings file. that will prevent breast expansion from loading the custom belly the mod uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.