Pat's Imports 9/22: vanilla squat mod canceled (1 Viewer)

Patrice

Content Creator
Re: Patrick's imports; July 27--Skinny-Legs Fishnet (four of a kind)

SDT-FAN said:
I also find a great job that was delivered here. But, and I apologize for this, why the fish net is not classified to the tights? It is therefore a pity because maybe a skirt could match the stockings.

good point, fair enough, and also easy enough to backtrack and transfer the fishnet layers from the Clothes' Bottoms template onto the Body template (for me, in mod's this case).

However....... that would result in creating 16 separate mods if you wanted to have the four default skin tones (that are currently available from within the game's menu), as well as the option to load another clothing-type of mod on top of any one of my four "skinny-leg fishnet" mods, after having done the transfer.

Right?? I mean, if I take the fishnet layers off of the Clothes' Bottoms template and put them onto the Body template, you then lose the ability to switch between the Custom Menu's: Light, Pale, Tan & Dark skin colors.

Faceless said:
SDT-FAN said:
I also find a great job that was delivered here. But, and I apologize for this, why the fish net is not classified to the tights? It is therefore a pity because maybe a skirt could match the stockings.
Because there's no template for it.
edit: and what Faceless said (just two seconds b4 this post).

Skinny-Legs Fishnet (New)

amazing
can u make this model for Thicker-Legs Fishnet ?

yeah, but it would simply look terrible and so i can't bring myself to do it. sry. :-\

Shade

Content Creator

Patrick said:
good point, fair enough, and also easy enough to backtrack and transfer the fishnet layers from the Clothes' Bottoms template onto the Body template (for me, in mod's this case).

However....... that would result in creating 16 separate mods if you wanted to have the four default skin tones (that are currently available from within the game's menu), as well as the option to load another clothing-type of mod on top of any one of my four "skinny-leg fishnet" mods, after having done the transfer.

Not true! In the settings layer for the Bottom Template, change "var overwrite:Boolean = true;" to "var overwrite:Boolean = false;", that will allow you to load the Fishnets 'over' something else. Though, I'm not 100% sure how well it will work for the default skirt, as it may show over it, not under it. If that is the case, to make it work under a skirt, you'd have to load a custom skirt with "var overwrite:Boolean = false;" when you've already loaded the Fishnets.

It's a bit of a brainfuck, but it is possible without making it a Body Mod.

Patrice

Content Creator

Patrick: "Right???"
Shade: WRONG!!!

Shade, good to know in general though; that if you have a skirt mod (or a mod like a skirt) and have "var overwrite:Boolean = false;" (like you said), then you could load it on top of one of these fishnet mods. cool. ;D

Shade

Content Creator

Patrick said:
Patrick: "Right???"
Shade: WRONG!!!

You make me seem so mean! ;)

Patrick said:
Shade, good to know in general though; that if you have a skirt mod (or a mod like a skirt) and have "var overwrite:Boolean = false;" (like you said), then you could load it on top of one of these fishnet mods. cool. ;D

Pretty much. It's useful for things that could be layered, but does have its own limitations (like getting things to layer correctly).

Patrice

Content Creator

hmmm... okay, let's say that i were to make a face mod - and make sure that the "overwrite" feature is set to "false" - would it go underneath the eyes, lips, eyelashes, mascara, etc.?

Nevermind! Dumb question!!

what's an example of a limitation of layering by utilizing the "var overwrite:Boolean = false," ?

Shade

Content Creator

Patrick said:
what's an example of a limitation of layering by utilizing the "var overwrite:Boolean = false," ?

Its just how things visually look when they layer. Like they may intercept badly, or you might find serious clipping issues. Using default options can also be problematic, since you can't load a Mod then change to show a default Costume part without unloading your mod (the example of the skirt above). Also if other Artists aren't playing along and making mods with Layering in mind, you might find an awesome skirt, try load it over your Fishnets, then find the Fishnets vanished.

It can be a lot of trial and error, but can also achieve some nice results if everything works how you planned it.

Patrice

Content Creator

Shade said:
Patrick said:

Its just how things visually look when they layer. Like they may intercept badly, or you might find serious clipping issues. Using default options can also be problematic, since you can't load a Mod then change to show a default Costume part without unloading your mod (the example of the skirt above). Also if other Artists aren't playing along and making mods with Layering in mind, you might find an awesome skirt, try load it over your Fishnets, then find the Fishnets vanished.

It can be a lot of trial and error, but can also achieve some nice results if everything works how you planned it.

is that all?! ::) edit: That reminds me... i need to create a thicker-ass-n-thighs template based on the SDTMod template. my denim jeans mod literally isn't shaping up to look like what i expected.

phantomx

Vivacious Visitor

yeah, but it would simply look terrible and so i can't bring myself to do it. sry.

so bad .
but i enjoy your great work ;D

Patrice

Content Creator

phantomx said:
yeah, but it would simply look terrible and so i can't bring myself to do it. sry.

so bad .
but i enjoy your great work ;D

that's great, so I just posted a template of the thicker legs so that any modder can retrofit their skirts, leggings, etc., if they want to.

Mr.Spinne

Potential Patron
Re: Patrick's imports. Aug. 3 -- Template for Clothes to Thicker-Ass ' Legs

Just wanna say:
Thank you very much, Patrick! Great work! :D

Never hoped to even wish for this mod to go vanilla and BOOM out of a sudden you made it. Did I miss a few months or has Christmas come very early this year? ;)

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor

@ Mr. Spinne
Nah, you missed a few months. What do you mean? Christmas comes everyday!

Patrice

Content Creator

Mr.Spinne said:
Just wanna say:

Never hoped to even wish for this mod to go vanilla and BOOM out of a sudden you made it. Did I miss a few months or has Christmas come very early this year? ;)

dude, :-\ i have no idea what mod you're talking about....

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor

Patrick said:
Mr.Spinne said:
Just wanna say:

Neither does him.

Mr.Spinne

Potential Patron

Patrick said:

this mod:
Thicker-Ass 'n Legs (8/3/13)

Now I can't wait for people to use your template to create (more) clothes for this mod. :D

Patrice

Content Creator
Re: Patrick's imports. Aug. 11 -- Thicker-Ass 'n Legs Denim Jeans

Just now posted the jeans mod (sorry Faceless - couldn't get your masking tricks to work. maybe next time).

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor

Thanks for continuing the port to vanilla. Any luck with squat?

Patrice

Content Creator

Shadow5000 said:
AaRL said:
Thanks for continuing the port to vanilla. Any luck with squat?

That reminds me, did anyone else make a squat mod?

Edit:
@Aarl: nope - i didn't start working on that yet. it's gonna take a while since i won't be getting help from the modder tool; plus, I want to draw some open-squat-legs (which was how i originally intended to do that mod).

@Shadow5000: i'm not sure. i haven't seen any squat mods that weren't made by me.

X

xanadu

Re: Patrick's imports. Aug. 18 -- Tribal Chimera Arm Tattoo

thank you so much for the awesome mods

Patrice

Content Creator
Re: Patrick's imports. Aug. 18 -- Tribal Chimera Arm Tattoo

Your name reminds me Faxanadu. Am I Error?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.