opionins on "battle royal" games (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Only played PUBG and Fortnite for a little bit and the DayZ mod that preceded them. I can see the appeal, not personally very engaging for me though.

I fully expect this genre/style of gameplay to be the next bandwagon game devs/publishers hop on for the next couple of years, similar to what happened with MMORPGs and MOBAs.

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
I see fun for short match with adrenalin exciting when border closing. I don't play this sort for long term but I come back sometime for fun.

weeaboo-kun21

Potential Patron
even games like padalins are getting into it, i've been playing fortnite and the only different thing about that one is the building system.

aaravkumar

Vivacious Visitor
I expect Fortnight to be the dominant player for a while. Its (1) accessible art-style and gameplay (2) mobile cross-platform play enabled it to topple PUBG from its throne within a short period of time.

EDIT: Combined two posts.
If there is any new entry to the market that will take over Fortnight, I expect it to make major improvement in the area of inventory management - in essence, not requiring the player to open a separate interface to manager their inventory. This will move the ease-of-playness of battle royale games much closer to where mainline fps games are now, and potentially open up its player base to a much larger audience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
have play pubg and fortnite more these days. i think i will enjoy when mode comes from skill fps or tps developer. the mode is good, exciting but the control and feel of the game is not so good when playing.
i want maybe re mercenaries or halo or gears or destiny or chivalry

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor
I tried playing almost every popular BR, but everyone of them burned me out. I would usually end up walking/running 95% of the game and about 5% in actual combat. Fortnite is a little better in this aspect, but not much. and the combat can be a bit... clunky... compared to other games. Honestly, if Halo does have BR, I'm actually excited to see what they'll do. Their mechanics are more refined than Fortnite and definitely PUBG.

For now, it's just not my cup of tea. I mind as well get fucked in the ass rather than play Fortnite or PUBG (not that I would mind a nice gentle romp).

Holymolydude123

Ryonani Teamster
I have only played FN, but it wasn't me. I don't think the genre in general is for me. Too much waiting around for things to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.