Oldest SDT version (1 Viewer)

DaoSoul

Potential Patron
Does anyone still have an old version of SDT? Best woul be 1.0 but anything is appreciated.
If you have one could you upload it to zippyshare or somewhere and post the link here, please?

stuntcock

Content Creator
The oldest version that I can provide is 1.20.1b. Download links exist for older versions (and more can be found on @Konashion's blog, especially if you use Internet Archive or Google Cache features), but they've mostly expired due to inactivity. They were hosted on free filehosts, so they get deleted if nobody clicks on them for a few months.

This stuff isn't prominently advertised because I really don't want to encourage people to run older versions. It adds difficulty for modders when we attempt to troubleshoot someone's problem ... and we eventually discover that he's running a five-year-old version of the game for no discernible reason.

If you have a specific issue that you're trying to debug, or an old mod that you'd like to see updated, then please make a post on that specific topic. If your interest is purely historical, then I have no objections :)

DaoSoul

Potential Patron
Purely historical, yes :) I have made a few failed attempts to reverse engineer this game in the past (since kon is pretty much confirmed dead) and I'm just giving it another go, this time I'm trying to start with the simplest version and work my way up to all the current features. (v.1.0 is still hosted here: BDSM Deepthroat)
So, thanks for your help.
For info on my current progress with it, pretty much nada, I'm currently trying to understand v.1.0 and trying to remove all the Highlight Shaders in the Game, since I have honestly no idea how to use the .pbj Pixel Bender binary in CS6. I don't really think he seriously compiled it with Flex Builder. But we will see how it goes... Maybe some of you guys also want to help with commenting all the code etc

stuntcock

Content Creator
(v.1.0 is still hosted here: BDSM Deepthroat)
Nice find! Thanks for pointing that out.

For info on my current progress with it, pretty much nada, I'm currently trying to understand v.1.0 and trying to remove all the Highlight Shaders in the Game, since I have honestly no idea how to use the .pbj Pixel Bender binary in CS6. I don't really think he seriously compiled it with Flex Builder. But we will see how it goes...
I could try to get you the actual byte array which forms the DT_HighlightFilter, which would (I think) enable you to reproduce the effect. But if you intend to simply remove it then that would probably be a waste of time.

Maybe some of you guys also want to help with commenting all the code etc
Doubtful.

You can find the full decompiled code in sby's thread. We'll often add comments when we're rewriting a section of code (example example), but this is generally done by traversing it line-by-line and gaining an understanding of its purpose. It's a sensible/necessary thing to do when you intend to extend or improve that particular block of code. Doing it for the entire codebase would be a huge time investment, and I can't imagine anyone doing so from archeological motives. Also: sby sby would be an important contributor to this project, but he isn't a big fan of inline comments; he tends to focus his attention on user-accessible stuff like readmes and config files.

If anyone is going to pick through the code line-by-line, then it would most likely be in the context of a total rewrite. We would drop the reverse-engineering approach (how did @Konashion implement .pbj shaders?) and focus on the future (how can we achieve a similar visual effect in Unity while ensuring that the game runs at a solid 60 fps?).

DaoSoul

Potential Patron
It is very likely that this decompiled code is my work (could you confirm or deny this sby sby ? I really don't know. Glad that it didn't get lost, if it is indeed mine), since I haven't seen it in his section until I paused going to the SDTForums (My own thread with my link to it got somehow deleted on the trans to undertow though, I don't even know how...)

He implemented it through mx.core.ByteArrayAssets in the DT_HighlightFilter Class, and then used it for creating his shaders in:

g.highlightShader = new Shader(new DT_HighlightFilter() as ByteArray); Since I get the argument invalid error with it I really expect it has to do with the DT_HighlightFilter pbj file that didn't get decompiled with the .fla

Since I have no experience with Flex I have no idea how he could have implemented this (I got it is for lightening purposes, I have seen how the cum looked when I compiled it after removing the shaders)

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
the decompiled code in my thread is decompiled using sothink's decompiler. i simply grabbed a copy of the game and ran it through.
i didn't include the fla because it was big and the focus was on the actionscript files.

DaoSoul

Potential Patron
Oh, didnt see your reply before deleting my comment. I got them myself just now through swfchan. And thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.