Noaika (1 Viewer)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Noaika is Kyrieru's newest sidescrolling game. Like Kurovadis, you play a female protagonist with a number of long range weapons and melee attacks at her disposal in a facility occupied by mutants looking to forcibly mate with her. The current demo has 4 enemies capable of raping the heroine.

Controls:
Left/Right - Directional Movement
Down - Prone
Up - Interact
X - Jump
C - Shoot
V - Melee
H - Purge Armor (leaves you nude and stunned, allowing enemies to rape you)
Down+V - press in midair to perform an angled downward kick
Alt+Enter - Window mode
Enter - Open Inventory/Weapon Menu
Esc - Return to Title screen

Much like Kyrieru's previous games you can acquire new abilities to access new areas and ease combat.
Uppercut - Hold Up and press the Melee button. Can be executed in midair. Akin to a double jump, use it to access higher platforms.
Dash - Double tap the Right or Left arrow key. Can be executed in midair. Traverse large gaps.
Bomb - Hold up and press the Shoot button to throw a bomb. Holding down the shoot button will toss the bomb further away, while tapping it will toss the bomb closer to your feet.
Throw/Counter - I'm pretty sure there is a melee throw and counter ability but I accidentally skipped through the text, so I'm not exactly sure how to execute it.

Blog:
http://www.kyrieru.com/

Demo Download (Updated Sept 3rd 2014):
https://mega.co.nz/#!NN9kRI7Z!TPb-ls6af-k9SsViCe86Wm9z-NI48UGtNbxeM22LWpg

Last edited by a moderator:

abdal

Potential Patron
lol dmc4 much? this game has annoying check point placement and for some reason there is no cg art but other than that this is a good game

Feddy

Potential Patron
lol dmc4 much? this game has annoying check point placement and for some reason there is no cg art but other than that this is a good game

That's because it's practically a pre-demo. He has been working on this game for quite some time. Not to mention his games are "difficult" to begin with. Rest assured there will be more checkpoints and your CG's waiting for you in the full game.

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
Sign me up.

The mechanical polish is already there: the movement and fighting are very close to excellent, and the rest of the animations are great with hopefully more act variety in the finished product (it is pixel gfx after all, variety is the spice when detail is not). Visually very impressive for early release stages.

The atmosphere (dim, abandoned) and theme (technology/future with monsters/mutants/aliens) are my H game favourites, and enemy variety feels promising. I'm also into the exploring and room puzzles (less so the pixel-precise platforming) which the game seems to deliver consistently.

The demo is rather unforgiving with the checkpoint(s) and health (miss most of it if you don't plan the fight so you're airborne on KO), but I'm sure that's just for added challenge while content development is underway.

Other features I really like: persistent stats/state on the protagonist, enemy air juggling and combos, tight controls...

What I don't like is the enemy hits turning the PC to face the attacker, but I'm sure that's just a development oversight for now.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
It is a big step up graphically from his previous titles, I love it, the visual effects of the lighting.

Oh and the H-content is decent, but his focus is always more on the gameplay and the h is more like a bonus and not so much the focus of the game. This is fine as the game is really fun and I will buy when it is finished.

Feddy

Potential Patron
Well, he's now accepting pre-orders, as due to something in his RL. (Check his blog) And apparently he's already had some serious support, as he edited it to thank everyone.

Just a slight update if anyone wanted to support him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.