New Tomb Raider (1 Viewer)

shiruken

Ryonani Teamster
I saw a QTE fail where lara gets thrown off a bridge. You see her fall but it's really high up so she just disappears out of frame. It was in a developer demo video and his controller disconnected. The promising part was that the devs specifically mentioned how previous tomb raider games had some pretty nasty demises and they wanted this game to have them too because it fit with the theme of the game.

It's not worth searching for, only 5~ seconds in a 30m video but there are dev playthroughs on youtube if you wanna see gameplay. This game looks awesome for ryona and also a good game on top of that.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
the only thing i know about the game is that it looks like it plays like Uncharted, which basically kills any interest i have in it. i don't even know why they'd bother to call it Tomb Raider, since those 2 games play nothing alike.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
A new gameplay video came out for Tomb Raider today. In it a death is shown were Lara is being pulled along by rapid waters. The player doesn't manage to steer her away from a pile of debris which she ends up running into. A pipe impales her through the throat and after a brief struggle to remove it she dies. It's a pretty good scene. I'm posting from my phone so i can't post the video. Just search for Tomb Raider Monastery Escape and you should find it.

U

Username-101

Here's what Cnby is talking about. Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I've seen a couple more, one with the rock falling on top of her in the beginning of the game and one where she gets strangled by the russian guy, Vlad. I'll post when I'm able to find their links.

EDIT:
This is the scene where she gets strangled, fast forward to 26:51

And this is the one with the boulder crushing her, skip to 8:50.

Last edited by a moderator:

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
here it is! the death starts around 4:20

i hope someone will make a no blackout/no greyscale mod as soon as it comes out!

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
What!? Where!? Do tell

It has leaked on sites that host that type of material. If you look hard enough you can find it. As far as I can tell only the Xbox version has leaked. You need a modded xbox to actually play it.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
it's pretty common for 360 games to get leaked a month or more ahead of schedule. even happens with big titles like halo. any torrent site will have it, but unless you know what you're doing, don't bother.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Finished the game. Here's what I've found.

ENEMIES
Island Inhabitants - The island inhabitants wield different weapons. Those with melee weapons have special death sequences.
[Machete & Pick Axe] The inhabitant will drive the climbing axe into Lara's chest, forcing her to her knees. He will then swing with the machete, cutting Lara's throat, killing her.
[Spear] The inhabitant will drive the spear through Lara's stomach before hoisting her above his head. He will then plant the but off the spear into the ground, leaving her corpse suspended in the air.
[Rope Trap] There are rope traps in the game that will leave Lara suspended upside down. If an islander wielding melee weapons reaches her he will grab her by the head and slit her throat.
Wolves - In QTE's and combat the wolves will always chomp down on Lara's neck. Usually they shake her around a little before biting and breaking her neck.
Oni - Men in samurai armor. They come in multiple varieties but they typically share the same death scenes as the island inhabitants. The sword wielding ones will grab Lara by the neck with their free hand and stab their sword into her throat.
Large Oni - Large armored samurai looking fellows wielding giant clubs. I've only encountered one as of this post. While hiding Lara spots one entering the room she was just in. If you go back it will immediately crush her with its club.

ENVIRONMENTAL
Throat Impalement - As some people have already seen there is the throat impalement on the rapids. That same exact death carries over to other situations. If you're sliding down something most obstacles give you this death.
Stomach Impalement - Nearly as common as throat impalement. In some situations were Lara is moving fast (such as sliding down rope) she will instead be stabbed through the stomach by a tree branch.
Rock Crush - in the first few minutes of the game Lara can get crushed by falling rocks. First a large rock will crush her legs, then another will fall onto her head as she struggles. You can see it in one of the videos already posted here.
Water - Lara can't swim in the new game. Any time you jump into a large body of water a quick scene will play showing Lara diving in and getting pushed into a wall of jagged rocks. The back of her head will collide with the rocks, knocking her out cold.

OTHER
Spotted by guards - There will be a few moments in the story were Lara has to sneak past enemies. If she is spotted a scene will play in which an arrow will strike Lara in the leg before another quickly strikes her in the throat. She'll collapse and wiggle a bit on the ground before finally dying.

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting a few. I haven't wandered off the story path yet so I'm not sure if the optional tombs will provide any unique deaths. I'll try to keep things updated as I move forward.
EDIT: Alright I just finished the game. Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed with the amount of ryona. Especially after the strong opening. There aren't many enemy types and it feels like there just aren't as many deaths as there could have been. Aside from the wolves the rest of the enemies are human/humanoid. As a vore fan that's especially disappointing. I guess I overhyped myself. As for the game itself I thought it was pretty fun. A little more shooting than I would have liked but eh. The side tombs seem to consist of a single puzzle that you need to solve to get the treasure within. No unique deaths or enemies in the few I've looked in.

meepmeep

Ryonani Teamster
Finished the game. Here's what I've found.

ENEMIES
Island Inhabitants - The island inhabitants wield different weapons. Those with melee weapons have special death sequences.
[Machete & Pick Axe] The inhabitant will drive the climbing axe into Lara's chest, forcing her to her knees. He will then swing with the machete, cutting Lara's throat, killing her.
[Spear] The inhabitant will drive the spear through Lara's stomach before hoisting her above his head. He will then plant the but off the spear into the ground, leaving her corpse suspended in the air.
[Rope Trap] There are rope traps in the game that will leave Lara suspended upside down. If an islander wielding melee weapons reaches her he will grab her by the head and slit her throat.
Wolves - In QTE's and combat the wolves will always chomp down on Lara's neck. Usually they shake her around a little before biting and breaking her neck.
Oni - Men in samurai armor. They come in multiple varieties but they typically share the same death scenes as the island inhabitants. The sword wielding ones will grab Lara by the neck with their free hand and stab their sword into her throat.
Large Oni - Large armored samurai looking fellows wielding giant clubs. I've only encountered one as of this post. While hiding Lara spots one entering the room she was just in. If you go back it will immediately crush her with its club.

ENVIRONMENTAL
Throat Impalement - As some people have already seen there is the throat impalement on the rapids. That same exact death carries over to other situations. If you're sliding down something most obstacles give you this death.
Stomach Impalement - Nearly as common as throat impalement. In some situations were Lara is moving fast (such as sliding down rope) she will instead be stabbed through the stomach by a tree branch.
Rock Crush - in the first few minutes of the game Lara can get crushed by falling rocks. First a large rock will crush her legs, then another will fall onto her head as she struggles. You can see it in one of the videos already posted here.
Water - Lara can't swim in the new game. Any time you jump into a large body of water a quick scene will play showing Lara diving in and getting pushed into a wall of jagged rocks. The back of her head will collide with the rocks, knocking her out cold.

OTHER
Spotted by guards - There will be a few moments in the story were Lara has to sneak past enemies. If she is spotted a scene will play in which an arrow will strike Lara in the leg before another quickly strikes her in the throat. She'll collapse and wiggle a bit on the ground before finally dying.

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting a few. I haven't wandered off the story path yet so I'm not sure if the optional tombs will provide any unique deaths. I'll try to keep things updated as I move forward.
EDIT: Alright I just finished the game. Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed with the amount of ryona. Especially after the strong opening. There aren't many enemy types and it feels like there just aren't as many deaths as there could have been. Aside from the wolves the rest of the enemies are human/humanoid. As a vore fan that's especially disappointing. I guess I overhyped myself. As for the game itself I thought it was pretty fun. A little more shooting than I would have liked but eh. The side tombs seem to consist of a single puzzle that you need to solve to get the treasure within. No unique deaths or enemies in the few I've looked in.

Are there any sexy and impractical costumes to unlock? Or does she always look like a mess? I don't see them indulging in cheesecake this time around given the severity of the game's tone, but a bikini would still be amazing, lol.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Are there any sexy and impractical costumes to unlock? Or does she always look like a mess? I don't see them indulging in cheesecake this time around given the severity of the game's tone, but a bikini would still be amazing, lol.

I haven't unlocked any costumes. The DLC costumes also don't seem to be anymore revealing than what she's already wearing in the game. If anything they cover her up even more.

Her default costume does go through a few changes in the game however. Much like the Batman Arkham games as you progress through the story her clothing becomes more ripped and damaged, exposing more of her white undershirt and legs.

meepmeep

Ryonani Teamster
Damn. I'll keep my fingers cross but I'm not expecting much. I guess this marks the first time the developers successfully refused to give in to the temptation to exploit her sex appeal.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster

As it is a reboot from the original series , Then MAY BE Crystal Dynamics will release a future DLC having classic Lara outfits to please the old fans , Ninja theory did that with DMC and platinum games with MGR

I have a question : Does this games has any supernatural stuff in it or it is too real ? Is there any oversized creatures that can do vore or produce things like tentacles ?

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
I have a question : Does this games has any supernatural stuff in it or it is too real ? Is there any oversized creatures that can do vore or produce things like tentacles ?

There are supernatural elements in the game but they come in the form of "oni" who are beings in samurai armor. Though they're supernatural they act just like the regular human enemies you encounter.

As for creatures the only hostile ones you encounter are wolves. There are no giant creatures or supernatural monsters in the game.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Sounds about in line of what I expected... too much influence from Uncharted, and straying too far from it's roots.
Still, it sounds like it'll be worth a $30 price tag when it drops eh? I take it the enemies aren't as psychic as Uncharted? As in they don't all know immediately where you are when you alert one, or turn around shooting instantly after the first shot.
I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to be a stealthy shooter? Or do they always know where you're at?

I hope the game does only marginally well so we can see yet another reboot, hopefully with sexy Lara, only in a more survival horror setting with more supernatural elements and a stealth based gameplay system... Hey! A man can dream can't he?

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
it's basically uncharted with a female protag. the only time it remotely feels like old tomb raider are in the side tombs that last all of 3 rooms and a couple jumps, and even then those areas are absolutely braindead.

it's tomb raider only in name. if it doesn't do well, you probably won't see another reboot. given how terrible every reboot has been by modern devs, i don't really have a problem with that.

thedeathcake

Potential Patron
Hey man, can you post any screen shot of how much her outfit gets ripped? I was hoping for some classic unlockable outfits :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.