New Tomb Raider (1 Viewer)

DownFull

Potential Patron
You know what really has me excited for this game (other than the great looking ryona material, of course)? It's a Lara you can actually care about.

Indeed! Past games I've played where you spend time between looting ancient tombs by running obstacle courses in the giant Croft mansion never did much to build character. The way they describe the transformation to a hardened survivor in this new game sounds like they are working at character development much more than before. From what I've seen, the voice acting really helps to bring her alive as a character as well.

meepmeep

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, she looks and sounds much more vulnerable. The level of distress she's in is much more substantial. Compared to the emoting we're seeing here, the Lara of the original games is a plank of wood.

I can only hope they scrap the tired-ass static camera behind her back as she tumbles to the pavement in the death sequences. It would be a shame to waste so much energy on making her vulnerability aurally palpable without allowing us to view the looks of horror/defeat on her face.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Great that it is coming for pc too, can't wait for the mods! And I really hope they put some sexier costumes as dlc or something. I will miss the swimsuit, buhuu :(

D

Deleted member 31

It isn't due until Fall next year but the new Tomb Raider is gonna be ridiculously good for ryona purposes (and as a game overall). QTEs are back except this game is M rated. The game is going to be a mix of adventure/survival/horror so there are bound to be brutal deaths. There may be specific death animations for different types of enemies. There is already confirmation of wolf deaths which involve a wolf ripping Lara's throat. Not to mention the moans Lara makes in the new trailer are sexy as hell!

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
So...just checked the website...guess what game has just been pushed back to 2013.....so yeah..gonna be a while before we see this being released...

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Tomb Raider E3 Trailer

After watching this trailer , Then this game could actually have good ryona in it , I was afraid that it won't have any creatures in it but I counted a dog biting Lara heavily and also another creature appears at 3:03 , she also gets encased in something like a coccon early in the trailer so I don't know if it will have spiders in it or not but I lean more to that the bad guys just wrapped her upside down as this game looked like it focus more on natural human enemies than supernatural ones

If they had alternative costume for Lara where she gets rid of all this blood or at least have a classic Lara costume then this game would be much enjoyable ryona wise

Last edited by a moderator:

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
she also gets encased in something like a coccon early in the trailer so I don't know if it will have spiders in it or not but I lean more to that the bad guys just wrapped her upside down

Unfortunately as was explained in an earlier E3 presentation it's a cloth wrapping made by a crazy island inhabitant. I would have loved if it were a creature cocoon though.

and also another creature appears at 3:03

That's the crazy island inhabitant. Unfortunately he's a human. I hope they don't get rid of all the supernatural creatures, or I hope they at least include a large number of hostile wildlife. Crocodiles, giant spiders, giant snakes, panthers, bears, and so on. Definitely a lot of potential.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Wish it hadn't been pushed to March 2013. Originally it was going to be Fall this year. Sigh...guess it's another 9+ months of waiting.

Ryonation

Potential Patron
I have a bad feeling that my expectations for the ryona in this game are going to be so high that I'm going to be disappointed, no matter how good it actually is.

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Here's the gameplay demo they showed at E3

[video=youtube_share;n1ojtIOlahk]http://youtu.be/n1ojtIOlahk[/video]

Here's an extra video:

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
Penny Arcade has some content for us today XD

i-BL7NczR-L.jpg

onlinehero

Casual Client
Lol all the fucking idiots and feminists in gaming sites/forums have been crying for the horrible "Lara rape QTE", that the game obviously doesn't even have. Whoever idiot really thought it would have such scene should PUNCH HIMSELF/HERSELF INTO NOSE!

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Lol all the fucking idiots and feminists in gaming sites/forums have been crying for the horrible "Lara rape QTE", that the game obviously doesn't even have. Whoever idiot really thought it would have such scene should PUNCH HIMSELF/HERSELF INTO NOSE!

Well, for the record, the game's producer did make an ignorant statement saying that the bad guys do try to rape her so it's not like there was no basis for it. Are there some people overreacting? Sure. But there are still some problematic issues with how they've been trying to portray the game so far. That said, this game looks cool and I'm looking forward to playing it for more than just ryona purposes. Really, the producers and devs should just shut up and let the game speak for itself.

(Here's the article for anyone who hasn't read it)

LDMsmooch

Potential Patron
Ryona aside either (yeah, I know :P) I'm looking forward to this one. I've played almost all the Tomb Raiders over the years since the first one came out, Tomb Raider Chronicles the only exception, and this sounds like a bold, interesting approach to the series.

Carcin

Potential Patron
I did notice during the E3 gameplay there was a bit where she tries to cross a fast flowing river and falls, and the player has to guide her around wreckage of crashed aeroplanes and stuff. He narrowly avoided (probably scripted for the conference) a spinning propeller that looked like it could mince her legs first if you accidently were to throw her into it.
Seriously cannot wait for this game, damn shame it was pushed back but hopefully we'll get to see some of the QTE deaths in teasers or something as we get closer to release.

C

coyoteman362001

So this game comes out in a month, and this thread seemed overdue for a bump.

What do we know at this point? Do we know anything about the QTEs yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.