Need help with some dialogue (1 Viewer)

Bobert216

Potential Patron
So I am trying to write some dialogue where there will be a few lines where the girl screams. However after she screams a few times (perhaps 3) she stops using those lines and resorts to the other lines as well as the acceptance lines, which were unavailable until this point.

What I am asking is how can this be done? I figure it probably has something to do with variables but I am not 100% sure how to do it.

Could someone give me some advice/suggestions how to do it?

Bobert216

Potential Patron
Nameless said:
Your best bet of getting help is to post the dialogue so someone familiar can actually find the problem and then tell you how you can fix it. All I can do is say maybe try the dialogue checker it will at least find errors.

No, you see the problem isn't the dialogue. The problem is coming up with a way to make this dialogue.

Macnagum

Avid Affiliate
A possibility, with two screams lines :

Code:
start:"[scream]" {"set":{"scream":3}}

scream:"[scream]SCREAM1 ББББББББББББББББ" {"check":{"scream":">0"},"style":"thought"}
scream:"[scream]SCREAM2 ББББББББББББББББ" {"check":{"scream":">0"},"style":"thought"}
scream:"STOP" {"check":{"scream":0}}

Bobert216

Potential Patron
Macnagum said:
A possibility, with two screams lines :

Code:
start:"[scream]" {"set":{"scream":3}}

scream:"[scream]SCREAM1 ББББББББББББББББ" {"check":{"scream":">0"},"style":"thought"}
scream:"[scream]SCREAM2 ББББББББББББББББ" {"check":{"scream":">0"},"style":"thought"}
scream:"STOP" {"check":{"scream":0}}

Thank you. This helps a lot. Now does it matter where I put this in the dialogue or is anywhere fine?

Fleack

Avid Affiliate
Bobert216 said:
Thank you. This helps a lot. Now does it matter where I put this in the dialogue or is anywhere fine?

Anywhere's fine. Here's how I'd do it:

vigorous/general:"[scream]"{"style":"thought","check":{"scream":"<3"},"set":{"scream":"+1"}}
vigorous/general:"[accept]"{"style":"thought","check":{"scream":">2"}}

scream:"Stop!"{"style":"thought"}
scream:"Aahhh!"{"style":"thought"}
accept:"Well okay then."{"style":"thought"}
accept:"Nice day we're having."{"style":"thought"}

Make sure you put "scream":0 in the initial variables.

Fleack

Avid Affiliate
You should read Pim's dialogue guide, it has everything in there you need to know to write a dialogue.

If you don't understand something, go download someone else's dialogue and look for examples of it. Best way of figuring it all out imo.

Weewillie's, mine and a couple others use most of the concepts that are in Pim's guide if you need to find examples.

Anyways, here's what you want:

initial_settings:{"scream":0}

If you want to add more variables, it'd look like this:

initial_settings:{"scream":0,"variable2":0,"variable3":0,"variable4":0}

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.