Moreclothingmods hue shifting question (1 Viewer)

JonWill

Potential Patron
The moreclothingmods mod can shift the colour of specified clothing pieces. There is an option to save a file containing the hue values. Is there any way to load that file?

Thanks

stuntcock

Content Creator
The moreclothingmods mod can shift the colour of specified clothing pieces. There is an option to save a file containing the hue values. Is there any way to load that file?
Hue-shifting is a Loader thing. moreClothing hooks onto the Loader's hue-shift ability and exposes hue controls for specific items (shirts, tattoos, etc). The major advantage of moreClothing, of course, is that it can do this even if the original author of your clothing mod didn't know or care about hue-shifting.

The Loader will automatically seek a HueData.txt file whenever it activates a Character Folder. So after you've saved your HueData.txt file (by clicking the very small "Save" button on the "Loader" tab of the in-game menu), you can put that file into a Character Folder (such as Mods\Samus, or Mods\$INIT$\). If you notice a Dialogue.txt file or a Code.txt file while browsing through your SDT folder, then you can probably put a HueData.txt file in that same spot and it will have an effect on the game.

You might create a single HueData.txt file which contains your preferred settings (e.g. "I always want the shoulder tattoo to be green") and dump it into your $INIT$ folder ... or you can setup individualized HueData.txt files (e.g. "Asuka shall have a red tattoo while Rei will have a blue tattoo") and place each one into the corresponding Character Folder.

Note: I apologize if this post comes across as patronizing. You already know most of this stuff and you certainly don't need a link to the moreClothing mod. I'm just trying to offer a "complete" writeup for the sake of any newcomers who discover this thread in the future.

JonWill

Potential Patron
Note: I apologize if this post comes across as patronizing. You already know most of this stuff and you certainly don't need a link to the moreClothing mod. I'm just trying to offer a "complete" writeup for the sake of any newcomers who discover this thread in the future.

Thanks, I was having trouble figuring out how to load the hue text files I kept saving. And no worries. Is this answer in your newbie guide?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is this answer in your newbie guide?
No, it isn't. The newbie guide is intended as a FAQ document, and this particular question is fairly rare. If we tried to cram all of the useful answers into the newbie guide then it would be ninety pages long :)

The forum Search utility is fairly useful in these cases. So long as someone can articulate their question properly (or at least identify a few of the key terms), they should be able to find any extant answers -- regardless of whether the answer appears in a stickied thread or a long-lost forum post from 2012.

HughJackedMan

Potential Patron
Hue-shifting is a Loader thing. moreClothing hooks onto the Loader's hue-shift ability and exposes hue controls for specific items (shirts, tattoos, etc). The major advantage of moreClothing, of course, is that it can do this even if the original author of your clothing mod didn't know or care about hue-shifting.

The Loader will automatically seek a HueData.txt file whenever it activates a Character Folder. So after you've saved your HueData.txt file (by clicking the very small "Save" button on the "Loader" tab of the in-game menu), you can put that file into a Character Folder (such as Mods\Samus, or Mods\$INIT$\). If you notice a Dialogue.txt file or a Code.txt file while browsing through your SDT folder, then you can probably put a HueData.txt file in that same spot and it will have an effect on the game.

You might create a single HueData.txt file which contains your preferred settings (e.g. "I always want the shoulder tattoo to be green") and dump it into your $INIT$ folder ... or you can setup individualized HueData.txt files (e.g. "Asuka shall have a red tattoo while Rei will have a blue tattoo") and place each one into the corresponding Character Folder.

I have a HueData.txt within my char folder but upon loading the char, the hues arent applied. Any idea why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.