May from Pokemon (1 Viewer)

septimusand

Potential Patron
(general question) Is there any sort of list (like a linked list, where if you click on the name it'll take you to the post with the mod) for characters?
(specific request) is there any mod with May from Pokemon (the ADV/gen3 version, or/and the ORAS/gen6 version of her)
edit: not sure if I posted this in the wrong part of the forum. If you can't find the character you're requesting but you know it's been made because you've seen videos with it, which part would you post in? (requests or filled?)

stuntcock

Content Creator
(general question) Is there any sort of list (like a linked list, where if you click on the name it'll take you to the post with the mod) for characters?
No. The Archive contains 7550 files. I'd guess that there are ~3000 distinct characters in there. The Archive is not a complete collection of all SDT content.

The list that you're envisioning would include at least ten thousand character names. Each name might be accompanied by several different hyperlinks, because multiple artists and modders can work on a single character. Loading the page would be an ordeal for your web browser - the thing would include several megabytes of raw HTML. Delivering it would be an ordeal for the webserver. Maintaining it would be an ordeal for moderators. In November 2015, we went through a forum/server migration which invalidated every last hyperlink that previously existed. Can you imagine the workload involved in sifting through megabytes of BBCode and manually repairing tens of thousands of hyperlinks? The whole idea is impractical. It's not going to happen.

Here's a small example of a "directory" post. It's simply not an effective way of presenting information. It's an anachronism - like the white pages of a printed telephone book (link for millenials). Any time that you look at it, you're bombarded with enormous reams of completely irrelevant data. You can't effectively browse through it, because it's too fucking long. It's almost totally useless unless you already know exactly which name you're looking for. And if you already know that, then a simple Forum Search (or Tag Lookup) will provide better results.

(specific request) is there any mod with May from Pokemon (the ADV/gen3 version, or/and the ORAS/gen6 version of her)
I am not a Pokemon expert. If none of these fit the bill, then you should spend some time exploring the <Pokemon> tag. You may run into some May files which haven't been tagged properly (in which case: please go ahead and apply the <May> tag to them). You may discover some other Pokemon characters or accessories, which are worth downloading for future use.

If you still haven't found any matches, then you can post a Request thread with a few reference images which depict the desired version/incarnation of May. Also: please read the rules before you post a Request thread, so that you can avoid the common newbie mistakes.

edit: not sure if I posted this in the wrong part of the forum. If you can't find the character you're requesting but you know it's been made because you've seen videos with it, which part would you post in? (requests or filled?)
Help. But I encourage you to try to find it on your own first, through diligent use of the Search tool.

Request means "I know that this thing doesn't exist yet, and I want to see it get made, and I'm willing to put in some effort in order to make it happen."

septimusand

Potential Patron
Sorry about the inconvenience (should have read the rules). Thanks for all the help. I found what I needed and you answered all my questions/needs quite detailedly. My hat off to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.