Making my own game...in 3D or 2.5D? (1 Viewer)

Do you want the game to be 2.5D or 3D?

• Total voters

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
in what format does your programmer require the sprites to be?

Honestly i have no idea, he's the tech wizzard, im a computer retard XD...he's moving in with his girlfriend currently, so i dont want to bother him much doing that time :3...but i will try to have at least a "demo" out before vinter >_>...im a slow worker, sorry :C

noice1

Potential Patron
I have to vote against 3D. Honestly, I don't see the point of doing a 3D game at this level. Modding an existing game and adapting it to ryona is one thing, but (at least what I have seen) 3D ryona games suffer in quality. On the other hand, 2D games are almost all high quality.

Unless you have a professional talent, a lot of time and perhaps a team of other people to support the project, going 3D does not a good game make.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Whenever I hear 2.5D, I think isometric view. :slow:
Also, there ARE 3D ryona games out there? Can't think of any...

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
the reason i ask about format is that there are many 3d artists available who are able to work in a variety of formats. i myself only work in poser, but you might consider talking to other 3d artists who might be willing to lend their expertise.

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
But another question... why is true 2D-sprite based out of the question?

Originally i wanted to make a completely 2D survival horor sci-fi game, then i talked about with my programmer monkey, and he expressed interest in makign it 3D, and thats kinda how it came to be 3D...or 2.5D.....

noice1

Potential Patron
Whenever I hear 2.5D, I think isometric view. :slow:
Also, there ARE 3D ryona games out there? Can't think of any...

Depends how far you are willing to take ryona. One that comes to mind right now (and the name escapes me), is a fantasy rpg with an elvish girl character battling orc. The catch is you are the orc, and by defeating her, you get to have your way with her. Pretty graphic but again, it's kind of hard for me to classify game over rape as ryona (though technically in this case, it's not a game over, just the spoils of victory). There's also another one that is a bit like a tomb raider game, just very amateur and I think it's in first person. I would provide the names but I'd have to sift though dozens of pages in this gigantic thread on another forum.

H

handofdoz

Depends how far you are willing to take ryona. One that comes to mind right now (and the name escapes me), is a fantasy rpg with an elvish girl character battling orc. The catch is you are the orc, and by defeating her, you get to have your way with her. Pretty graphic but again, it's kind of hard for me to classify game over rape as ryona (though technically in this case, it's not a game over, just the spoils of victory). There's also another one that is a bit like a tomb raider game, just very amateur and I think it's in first person. I would provide the names but I'd have to sift though dozens of pages in this gigantic thread on another forum.

was it that game where you clicked on a card to fight her?

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
The elf girl one? It's possible, I do remember it being more of a strategic game. Problem is it was kind of a while ago and I don't really remember too well.

I cant remember the name of the game but i do belive i had it....shes trying to escape from a dungeon and you gotta stop her before she reaches the exit...you ca choose between a plan, an orc and a devil thing, right? then it was kinda random, menaing you didnt choose your cards yourselfs, and you never knew what card she had played XD?

noice1

Potential Patron
I can't be sure, I remember a long path of some sort, you had to stop her. It's a bit pointless to discuss vague ideas though. If anyone finds it, post it up, in the meantime let's move on.

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
How about to keep this thread alive, you people start posting YOUR ideas for enemies, and how they would kill,eat, torture, and so on, the heroine? Im pretty much down with how the heroine will be, and to spoil it a bit, there wont be only ONE heroine :P...which i think i kinda already said, but whatever XD...guidelines for the enemies: Im a sick fucker, so i plan to have the enemies be mean...im really intererested in implementing parasites (an idea original from the survival horror sci-fi game. The idea was the heroine could LET parasites attach themselfs to her so she would get a temporary bonus to speed, defence etc, or a temporal attack...but her life/willpower would be drained and once it reached the buttom...she would lost control to the parasite). Anyhoo, im easily distracted, eh :P? Regarding enemies from this game...fantasy-ish setting, so please no aliens XD...and i dont mind the enemies being sexual in nature (succubus, vampire etc) but the game is not centered around rape (though i plan there to be some). and at last: Gore is indeed welcome, and the more brutal/humiliating/bizzare/sick ways to die you can come up with, the more i'll be a happy lil sick monkey X3...post away folks :D

H

handofdoz

How about to keep this thread alive, you people start posting YOUR ideas for enemies, and how they would kill,eat, torture, and so on, the heroine? Im pretty much down with how the heroine will be, and to spoil it a bit, there wont be only ONE heroine :P...which i think i kinda already said, but whatever XD...guidelines for the enemies: Im a sick fucker, so i plan to have the enemies be mean...im really intererested in implementing parasites (an idea original from the survival horror sci-fi game. The idea was the heroine could LET parasites attach themselfs to her so she would get a temporary bonus to speed, defence etc, or a temporal attack...but her life/willpower would be drained and once it reached the buttom...she would lost control to the parasite). Anyhoo, im easily distracted, eh :P? Regarding enemies from this game...fantasy-ish setting, so please no aliens XD...and i dont mind the enemies being sexual in nature (succubus, vampire etc) but the game is not centered around rape (though i plan there to be some). and at last: Gore is indeed welcome, and the more brutal/humiliating/bizzare/sick ways to die you can come up with, the more i'll be a happy lil sick monkey X3...post away folks :D

to make your work easy, you might wanna focus on simple things. start with things like whipping, smashing, and impaling, and save the really intricate things for the later levels.

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
to make your work easy, you might wanna focus on simple things. start with things like whipping, smashing, and impaling, and save the really intricate things for the later levels.

Actually, as it stands right now, almost all enemies will have a grabbing move with a "qte" (mimized of course), and the bosses will be partially qte too >_>

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
i like this idea. one possibility with such QTE scenarios is that you can allow the user to change the difficulty. sometimes, i enjoy playing a game as well as i can and losing; other times, i just want to get to the good part as quickly as possible.

Mardion

Potential Patron
depending on what you guys vote for thats gonna be what im gonna do...i am to please everyone in this community, so its your guys decision XD

It seems like this community has made its decision... all but one of the 17 votes are in favour of a 2.5D game. So I guess the die is cast?

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Too bad drawn sprites weren't considered when you decided not to do 3D. I abstained from voting due to its absence. :serious business:

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Too bad drawn sprites weren't considered when you decided not to do 3D. I abstained from voting due to its absence. :serious business:

I HAVE considered drawn sprites on 3D platforms....but as said earlier, have to plan that with mah programmer monkeh, and he r teh busseh! XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.