Making my own game...in 3D or 2.5D? (1 Viewer)

Do you want the game to be 2.5D or 3D?

• Total voters

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Hello my fellow ryona fans!
I've been toying around with the idea of making my own ryona game for a long time, and finally its time to do something about it. i originally plan it to be a stealth based 2D survival horror sci-fi game, but the guy ( a friend of mine) who volunteered to do the programming, asked me: "Why not make it a 3D game instead?". He's a programming Wiz, so i though why not. So the situation is as follows: It will be a 3D dark fantasy setting, survival horror RPG... You play as a weak female elf mage, meaning at close combat youre buttfucked. It will containt quicktime events for boss battles and when you try to fight free of an enemy grabbing attack. Not much is planned about it, so im inviting you guys to bring your ideas to the table. Though im really looking forward to making this game (i've might even have scored a metal band to make the soundtrack, and we will also record our own voice for the female lead), it will take time to develope, so no "IS IT OUT YET????!!?!?!?!??!!!?!?!?!1111one111eleven!". Hope you guys will share some of your ideas with me.

P.S. The game deaths will be grim, so if you suggest some cuddly love game over, im gonna pimpsmack ya :P

X

Xitres

Hi!
Such games are very few, so good luck with your work on this game.
It would be nice to add to the game opportunity to dress up(many Clothing)

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
I had something about character customization in mind, but it would be a pain in the ass to program XD

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
as i described in the other thread, the option to attempt to seduce enemies in order to put them off their guard or to beg for mercy would be welcome.

regarding character customization and outfits, if the outfits are all similar in shape, it should be just a matter of applying different skins to the model. for instance, if all the clothing is skintight, the difference between a clothed figure and a nude figure would just be using a different texture.

Last edited by a moderator:

weediscool

Ryonani Teamster
I'm thinking you should do it the otherway around, the player should be the evil guy/beast/whatever and you're killing on intruding heroes or heroines who defile your dungeon for treasure and loot, this way you'd have more room to add different types of stereotypical hero types that will cater to a larger audience.

EDIT: i'd like to elaborate further quick time events and having to repeat the scenes to see every death scene is pretty much not a game but a tedious grind, in my opinion that is, is it not better to be the one who can manipulate the events and actually have control over what they want? i think logically speaking, being the bad guy in this instance is better and manipulating/controlling how the game progress is also a better option than going through a bunch of quick time events, the end result is the same, a healthy dose of ryona for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
I'm thinking you should do it the otherway around, the player should be the evil guy/beast/whatever and you're killing on intruding heroes or heroines who defile your dungeon for treasure and loot, this way you'd have more room to add different types of stereotypical hero types that will cater to a larger audience.

EDIT: i'd like to elaborate further quick time events and having to repeat the scenes to see every death scene is pretty much not a game but a tedious grind, in my opinion that is, is it not better to be the one who can manipulate the events and actually have control over what they want? i think logically speaking, being the bad guy in this instance is better and manipulating/controlling how the game progress is also a better option than going through a bunch of quick time events, the end result is the same, a healthy dose of ryona for everyone.

Well one of the reasons i decided to use quicktime events was simply to cut off, i dont know...halv a year- a years programming? XD but not all combat will be QTE, only to evade enemies grab attacks, and the boss fights :3

annac

Potential Patron
Nice idea, love the dark fantasy setting. I'm not sure which role I'd prefer playing (heroine or antagonist), probably depends what mood I'm in! As long as there's a bit of variation in the QTE I think it would still keep me interested.

As it will be a ryona game after all, successful QTE input as the heroine should lead to some kind of ryona rather than escape. Otherwise I'd be sat at my keyboard doing nothing. :p

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I think a game like Kay Fox and the Magic Sword with 3D graphics and different heroine/bad guys would be great and would appeal to a larger audience because some people really don't like furries. Also, I think making the game "2.5D" where the visual elements are in 3D but the gameplay is on a 2D plane might be worth considering too.

I second eyeteeth's idea about using seduction. It looked like the function for that was sort of there in Catwoman but it never worked. Also another thing that has bugged me about ryona games is the lack of interaction with multiple characters. This is sort of a weak example but if you've played Fairy Fighting, the way the fairy is grabbed in different ways when more than one worm latches onto her is a nice detail. I would honestly prefer horror sci-fi over dark fantasy but it's not like I'm paying you so of course it's up to you.

dunla

Potential Patron
As far as the grab animations go, as far as not rape but say, beating or different ways of fighting-her fighting them or otherwise I could help you I think(Mind...I'm more into belly punching so my ideas may show preferences). I'm a bit of a writer-I just need to know more of what you're going for or so, as well-to see how I can or can't help...you'll keep us updated, I'm sure?

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
As far as the grab animations go, as far as not rape but say, beating or different ways of fighting-her fighting them or otherwise I could help you I think(Mind...I'm more into belly punching so my ideas may show preferences). I'm a bit of a writer-I just need to know more of what you're going for or so, as well-to see how I can or can't help...you'll keep us updated, I'm sure?

Well thanks for the offer, but belly punching is kinda soft compared to what i had in mind, and regarding rape, im not sure yet whether to include it or not. I was toying with an idea some days ago regarding the first level and boss. A friend and me were watching Dogma, and the shit demon thingie gave me an idea. The first level/quest our heroine gets is to clean out the sewers of the capital, accidently running into a Shithgoth (please tell me theres a Lovecraft fan getting the joke in the name Dx). Which will be the most disgusting boss fight ever....next to the great mighty poo from Conkers XD

dunla

Potential Patron
Alright then...I'm still interested in seeing what you guys come up with :p Doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but it's still spectacular that you're going to attempt a game-especially in 3D.

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Will the game have yuri? I love yuri...

Perhaps :O...i have an idea with vampires in mind, the vampires being MOSTLY female (perhaps some cute trap vampires too :D), who will have a seduction ability, making the heroine slowly walk towards them, and once she closes enough, a little french kissing love....and then brutally neck nommed XD

Mardion

Potential Patron
Female vampires (...) will have a seduction ability, making the heroine slowly walk towards them, and once she closes enough, a little french kissing love....and then brutally neck nommed XD
That sounds extremely enticing...!

noice1

Potential Patron
Perhaps :O...i have an idea with vampires in mind, the vampires being MOSTLY female (perhaps some cute trap vampires too :D)

Trap vampires? Um, yes please. I can think of some interesting moves for feeding. :evilish:

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Hehe, though im happy youre all excited about the game, but keep in mind its a two man project, so dont expect weeky updates :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.