Lollipop Chainsaw (1 Viewer)

onlinehero

Casual Client
Lolli gets new trailer :D No gameplay! Game is coming out 12. June

Last edited by a moderator:

demon99

Potential Patron
this might just be the greatest ryona game ever. I mean, seriously - cheerleaders and zombies - what else can go wrong?

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Here's a new trailer for Lollipop Chainsaw showing the bosses. There are a couple nice new grabs and attacks in here. Also the trailer definitely shows that there's tons of room for potential ryona.
[video=youtube_share;vna8MOmiDrs]http://youtu.be/vna8MOmiDrs[/video]

pirajacinto

Ryonani Teamster
I have this game reserved and very much looking forward to the ryona in this game...as long as the PS3 version also gets the pink jump suit. That's the outfit that really pushed me to get this game.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
So way too many people on YouTube already have this game (considering "release" isn't for another 2 days), and all of these schmucks are just creating walkthroughs. Not a single ryona fan in the bunch. Not once have I found a video where we see what happens when Juliet runs out of health, or if you don't hit the button prompts when being grappled by zombies, or anything. Very frustrating.

I'll have my copy in 2 days (had it reserved for months now) and will finally get to see some of this for myself. Has anyone else found any ryona videos for Lollipop Chainsaw yet?

archangel

Ryonani Teamster
i saw a video with the standard lose health and drop. nothing with grapples yet

also it looks like boss grabs are only enabled on harder difficulties and everyone on youtube appears to be playing on the easiest

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
There are some QTE events at the end of the game that could yield some things of interest. If it's true that boss grabs are only on harder difficulties then it looks like I know which mode I'll be playing on. The health loss and drop is pretty disappointing. Was hoping for at least a unique death animation.

meepmeep

Ryonani Teamster
Got this preordered at Gamestop and I'm pumped for the Evil Dead alternate costume. Also, the soundtrack is really badass. Killing zombies in a high school as a teenage cheerleader while "Cherry Bomb" by the Runaways or "Mickey" by Toni Basil is playing sounds like too much fun.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Alas, finally a true blonde bombshell with D-cups enters the ryona scene. Here's a selection of some grabs and other things zombies can perform on Juliet. It's mostly stuff from first two stages, and I haven't mucked around much in later stages. Game Over screen is pretty disappointing.

And Tara Strong (voice for Juliet) did IMO an awesome job in moaning and stuff.

This is from SplitRyona's thread, he's the first person I know who has made a decent LC ryona video. :)

SplitRyona

Ryonani Teamster
Bosses have unique grabs on higher difficulties? I played against Zed on very hard (lost, though) and in first and third stage of the battle he didn't use same moves I also saw on easiest difficulty. I don't know about Vikke yet, Mariska has no grabs since you have to use grenade launcher against her. 4th and 5th bosses I am not too familiar with. Another video will be added later.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Lollipop Chainsaw quick review

You know you've been looking forward to a game for too long when you wind up blowing through it completely in the first day. I beat LC on Normal today, bought the bikini, Bike Rider, and casual (jorts) costumes, and maxed out the skills. Then I progressed to hard difficulty and got through half of it again, will probably beat it on hard tomorrow. Considering I only put 7 hours into it, that's pretty quick to beat the game and get more than 75% of the items unlocked. Considering I'd been waiting for a year and a half, that's pretty damn fast. :(

Ryona is pretty good, but SplitRyona has featured much of it in his videos already. I wish there were specific animations for when cars fall on you/other one-hit-kill situations, but instead it just cuts to the "game over" gravestone screen. I like the "falling down dead with one last whimper" animation, but I wish it didn't happen EVERY TIME you died. A little variation would have been nice. The only little nuance I found that SplitRyona didn't record is: when you lose the Zombie Baseball game, Juliet collapses in a color animation and different angle as the main bad guy mocks her. The only reason I discovered this one is because I blew it on my first try...I need to go back and lose to some of the QTE's again to be sure that there are no other little variations out there.

Juliet Starling is really, really hot. I wish more video game developers would fill out their protagonists like this (or the antagonists, too, I'm not picky). Outfit selection is mighty deep, too, although the Japanese-based ones do nothing for me. At least I'll have some fun trying to unlock all of the outfits, and the alternate endings too...I got the "bad ending" for some reason.

If you're looking for a game that will hold your interest for weeks on end, Skyrim or Mass Effect-style, this ain't it. However, if you're looking for a fun twitch-happy game with a killer soundtrack and an attractive main character, this will fit the bill. $60 would be too much, but $30-45 is reasonable, and when it falls to $20 it will be a steal. I hope the game succeeds (and many people buy it) so other companies will see that a little sexiness in a game (and a touch of raunchiness, too) aren't bad things.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
This is gonna sound strange, but Juliet is one of those characters I don't wish to see Ryona'd. I have way to much respect for her character. I like her charisma-not to mention she looks damn smexy tearing it up with dat chainsaw. So, like Bayonetta and Lightning Farron before her, Juliet falls into that 'too awesome to fall into peril' category for me.

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
it is funny because i feel the opposite. my favorite thing is to see women who are sexy and confident and skilled, who can do things like fighting hundreds of foes with a chainsaw, lose. of course i like to see them killed but the idea is the same. the other end of the spectrum is characters like Zoey from Left 4 Dead, and while art of characters like that is okay sometimes i end up liking a character and lose interest in guro of them.

i think for me it has something to do with dignity and control. a girl like Zoey has lost almost all control and dignity in her life already, so when she loses it may not be so sexy to me. but a girl like Bayonetta or Juliet has almost complete control and dignity in her life, so when she loses she has a long way to fall. i want to see characters like that be awesome, but when they lose it should be like "silly girl you should not have worn a cheerleader outfit to a zombie infestation!"

???

Potential Patron
Jeeeeez :( They get it half right by including a substantial knock-down. Now is it so much to ask for enemies to be able to attack her while she's like that? fml....

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Excellent, excellent peril picture. There are so many bearhug renders out there and you mixed it up beautifully by adding in those, *ahem*, "curious" tentacles. I love the expression too. I've been dabbling with that Juliet model too. I didn't think I'd be a fan of such an overtly fetish-y character, but she's a lot of fun to work with, isn't she?

By the way, I'm totally stealing that bearhug/tentacle concept. Nice work!

S

ssdanku

I do have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of ryona that was in the game, especially the knockdowns where she will stay there for quite some time unless you press the B button to make her get up quicker, so many games have it where as soon as ur character is knocked down they just jump right back up , I think that's one of the reasons i really like the soul calibur games as well cuz you control when the character gets up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.