Loader "Failed to load mod" (1 Viewer)

Deleted member 11109

Potential Patron
First, Sorry if this is wrong place for this.

Second, i watched the tutorial thing and it didnt really help.

The problem is that some mods when i put them in the INIT folder and launch the loader it says Failed to load mod. Right now im trying to get penis range to autoload, but it says that.

I put the swf in the init folder, i put the settings .txt in the init folder, and i add the file name to the mods.txt in the init folder.

As far as i remember from when i used to do this a long time ago thats all i needed to do. am i forgetting something? Also there a .fla file that i dont know what to do with, that may be the problem?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Right now im trying to get penis range to autoload, but it says that.
Please be precise when describing technical issues. Are you referring to sby's penisrangeV5 mod?

If so, I see nothing in the AS3 code which would emit a "Failed to load mod" message under normal circumstances. The mod will work even if its Settings file is corrupt or missing (although the results are unpleasant).

---------------------

Please be aware that this message can occur "normally" (i.e. in the absence of any Loader stuff whatsoever). At the beginning of a gameplay session, SDT attempts to re-load the Character which was active at the end of the previous sessions. If the character definition includes SWF mods, and if these SWF files have been moved or deleted (e.g. because you're tinkering with new content) then the "Failed to Load Mod" message will appear during loading.

Try starting the game, immediately hitting Reset, and closing the game. Then restart the game normally and see whether the failure message appears during init.

---------------------

If it IS a Loader thing, then there are many possible causes. I suspect that the message may be arising from another mod ... or possibly from a mod-loading conflict due to weird load order ... or possibly from a content-level collision because you're trying to run overlapping mods in conjunction (e.g. penisrangeV4 and penisrangeV5).

Please try running the game with the Flash Player projector Content Debugger and provide a screenshot of any exceptions that are shown.

I put the swf in the init folder, i put the settings .txt in the init folder, and i add the file name to the mods.txt in the init folder.
The settings files belongs in the \Settings folder, rather than the init folder.

Also there a .fla file that i dont know what to do with, that may be the problem?
It's a source file, with which you could change the behaviour of the mod (e.g. "six-foot dicks aren't big enough - I demand twelve-foot dicks!") and then recompile it. You don't need it, and it isn't causing any problems. Feel free to delete it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.