Loader Difficulties (1 Viewer)

Hentai456

Potential Patron
Alright, Im at my witts end here for 2 days. I've used the vanilla game for a long time Im so alone and wanted to try the loader because people were making more complicated mods which needed it. No matter which mod I try, its either the arms, legs, or both that dont load right so obviously theres a repeating pattern.

D-Oxygen's Elphelt and Bullet, as well as Huitznahua's own Chloe, Haruka Amami, Yukiho Hagiwara.

An example would be Chloe's gloves and legging's dont show up even when the boots do. Rest of the mod is fine. I can get Bullet's gold cuffs to either show up black, or show up as gold leather cuffs. The leather jacket is just the collar, or its there and black.

I've tried using and not using Code.txt just for the hell of it - including cleaning the default codes.
I've tried using and not using Mods.txt just for the hell of it.

I've changed these back and forth many times with mixed results.
loadHairLast=0
loadCodeLast=1
blockCharData=0

I've changed the order in the Mods.txt in every possible order including changing them from .swf and .mod for like the .mov mods.
I've changed what mods are force loaded inside the character code for the hell of it, with mixed results.

I have nothing inside the RESET and OVER files. Inside the INIT file I have the code for the standard SD-Chan, but I've tried without that and it didnt work.

The one part I'll admit is Yukiho Hagiwara which you stated does not work in the character loader and I need to manually load it. Unless you mean like the vanilla game where you load a swf file, then I dont understand. For her I get "dynamicHairExtender v5.7 done loading. dynamicHairExtender Loading Error : anchorSource 'her torso.breastCostune.bra.rightBreast.ANCHOR_torsoStrap' was not recognized. If this is a custom prop, please ensure that it's on-stage before loading the Dynamic Hair object". There isnt a dynamic hair... but I changed HairLast CodeLast and CharData back and forth with no results.

At this point I'd just like to see someone with a working character that I can compare to on my own time file for file and figure this out without bothering someone too much. The example here in this thread is 1 mod - cleavage tank top, which isnt complicated nor are arms or legs. The Yoko example in the game is not complicated either. I've checked and rechecked the three guides, which includes this one here. I've even watched the 29 minute video but he didnt use a complicated guide which changed arms or legs.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Alright, Im at my witts end here for 2 days. I've used the vanilla game for a long time Im so alone and wanted to try the loader because people were making more complicated mods which needed it.
It sounds like you're missing the file TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf. It's an important mod because it defines new categories for other mods to use (such as "Legwear"); those categories weren't available in the vanilla game.

Because of its significance, that mod is included in the $INIT$ folder of most Loader modpacks: sby's pack, WeeWillie's bundle, 666 pack, etc. The intent is that it will always be active. Modders sometimes forget to mention it as a prerequisite for their mods, because they simply assume that everyone is using it already. It's a prerequisite for moreclothing, and most people who've installed the Loader have tried out moreclothing at some point ... so we generally just say "this mod requires the Loader."

I would advise you to download the sby Loader pack and extract it into a new folder (don't just merge it into your existing folder, that would be messy). Make a quick test to see whether you're able to manually load the files that you've mentioned. If so, then you can begin to migrate your settings, preferences, saved characters, etc from the old folder to the new one.

You could also install the template extension in your old game folder. But then you'd need to do some cleanup work. I expect that you've probably made a lot of random changes to settings and folder structures in the past two day (in the hope of getting those costumes to load correctly). If you continue using your old folder then those changes may cause unexpected complications in the future. It might be better to start over with a blank slate.

If this advice doesn't work then I'd recommend that you post a few screenshots showing the incorrectly-loaded mods. Someone might be able to quickly identify the problem simply by observing a crucial detail in the sleeves or layers or whatever. It would also be a good idea to run the game through the Flash Player Projector content debugger in order to check for runtime errors.

Kent

Vivacious Visitor
Alright, Im at my witts end here for 2 days. I've used the vanilla game for a long time Im so alone and wanted to try the loader because people were making more complicated mods which needed it. No matter which mod I try, its either the arms, legs, or both that dont load right so obviously theres a repeating pattern.

D-Oxygen's Elphelt and Bullet, as well as Huitznahua's own Chloe, Haruka Amami, Yukiho Hagiwara.

An example would be Chloe's gloves and legging's dont show up even when the boots do. Rest of the mod is fine. I can get Bullet's gold cuffs to either show up black, or show up as gold leather cuffs. The leather jacket is just the collar, or its there and black.

I've tried using and not using Code.txt just for the hell of it - including cleaning the default codes.
I've tried using and not using Mods.txt just for the hell of it.

I've changed these back and forth many times with mixed results.
loadHairLast=0
loadCodeLast=1
blockCharData=0

I've changed the order in the Mods.txt in every possible order including changing them from .swf and .mod for like the .mov mods.
I've changed what mods are force loaded inside the character code for the hell of it, with mixed results.

I have nothing inside the RESET and OVER files. Inside the INIT file I have the code for the standard SD-Chan, but I've tried without that and it didnt work.

The one part I'll admit is Yukiho Hagiwara which you stated does not work in the character loader and I need to manually load it. Unless you mean like the vanilla game where you load a swf file, then I dont understand. For her I get "dynamicHairExtender v5.7 done loading. dynamicHairExtender Loading Error : anchorSource 'her torso.breastCostune.bra.rightBreast.ANCHOR_torsoStrap' was not recognized. If this is a custom prop, please ensure that it's on-stage before loading the Dynamic Hair object". There isnt a dynamic hair... but I changed HairLast CodeLast and CharData back and forth with no results.

At this point I'd just like to see someone with a working character that I can compare to on my own time file for file and figure this out without bothering someone too much. The example here in this thread is 1 mod - cleavage tank top, which isnt complicated nor are arms or legs. The Yoko example in the game is not complicated either. I've checked and rechecked the three guides, which includes this one here. I've even watched the 29 minute video but he didnt use a complicated guide which changed arms or legs.

I have tried to replicate your issues with Huitznahua's Chloe mod, and I'm not experiencing any issues.

Your Code.txt and Mods.txt, where are these files at and how are you altering them? Are you making these files, or are you making changes to preexisting files? Each character should have their own Code.txt and Mods.txt (both of these) within their character folder. Are you making any changes inside the $INIT$ folder? For clothing mods, only mess with $INIT$ if you are using the moreclothing mod.

Maybe its a bad loader? Or how exactly are you trying to load the mods? Modding Tab -> Import -> swf mod. Simple, temporary way to load any clothing mod. If there is an issue with this method, then I'd say its a bad loader or a bad mod. Or perhaps you want a more permanent solution and want to load it as a character mod from the Scene tab? Or maybe you would rather use the SwitchSet mod?

Since you want to compare files, check DrZombi's huniepop girls loader for how to use the SwitchSet method.
For character mods from the Scene tab, try DrZombi's sweet treats. Bear in mind that this one includes dialogue files so for the sake of just learning how to load mods, just look at the Mods.txt and Code.txt as well as the layout of the files/folders.

Hope that helps.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
I added a requirements section on the Chole download's page. Thanks for the feedback.

Actually I'm not surprised that someone have difficulties with this one. My bad, I should have warn the users in the first place.
Maybe you are using an old version of the Loader. So, like stuntcock stuntcock said, grab the sby sby Loader Pack.

I'm assuming you are referring to the SDT Newbie Guide ? Well, this is a newbie tutorial intended to explain only very basic stuffs. However I should finish the FAQ section in order to explain advanced stuffs :oops:

Last edited:

Hentai456

Potential Patron
Just adding TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf to the mix instantly fixed every problem I had with every mod I tried. Thanks!

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Just adding TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf to the mix instantly fixed every problem I had with every mod I tried. Thanks!
hmm, weird. could have sworn that is already included with the loader
edit - oh yeah could be an old version of the loader. if this is the case would suggest grabbing an updated copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.