Loader Bug - Not Loading $INIT$ Folder anymore (1 Viewer)

Tony45

Vivacious Visitor
Hi everyone,

I'd like to say that i know a bit about modding, that i've read the tutorials and that i know how to get the game working.

This morning, i made a simple character folder, using Sby's guide as always since it always worked.
To my dismay i found that when i launch the loader (by running Loader.swf or clicking the short cut) it's not loading any mods.

When i run the game, the window appears, it fades to black as usual when it was going to load every mods and clothings from the moreclothingmod BUT it's not anymore and the games stays on the home window displaying "Play" Or "Option".
If i click on play, the girls are no longer here but the guy is, and mods put in the INIT file are not loaded.

It really seams to be a problem with the moreclothingmods not loading as it used to, but i did not touch it so i don't why it's "broken" and i don't know why it would make the girls disappear

I have no idea what happened, i need help !

EDIT: I've cleared Flash cache, it worked and the mods are now loading normally, i don't know what caused it though !

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
hmmm, this should not have happened, as i included clearlastdataV1 in the loaderpack. if you get it to break again i might be interested in getting a copy of your loader folder.

Tony45

Vivacious Visitor
Hi Sby, thanks for being so fast to answer me !

I will give a copy if you walk me through the process, but as i said it's fixed.

After some tests, i found out that it was a .swf file causing the problem. Everytime i put it back in, it bugs out.
I don't know why !

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Tony45 Tony45
which swf file? if you can't link where you got it just upload it in a post for me to grab.
there have been mods that have broken moreclothing loading before, and i have tried multiple things to prevent them from doing so. however new things seem to pop up that seem to break it xD

Tony45

Vivacious Visitor
It was a Leia mod taken from DrZombi's Sweet Treats
In his star wars Dropbox, I think it was buns.swf or something similar.

It broke again today with this mod Ring (no tux)
The slight difference was that I didn't put this one in moreclothingmods, but directly in the INIT file and I did not have to clear flash cache... As soon as I removed it, it worked again!

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
It was a Leia mod taken from DrZombi's Sweet Treats
In his star wars Dropbox, I think it was buns.swf or something similar.

It broke again today with this mod Ring (no tux)
The slight difference was that I didn't put this one in moreclothingmods, but directly in the INIT file and I did not have to clear flash cache... As soon as I removed it, it worked again!
saw this, just been busy. will look into later

sby

Content Creator
Coder
hmm, i couldn't get it to break with the leia bun hair, but i did get the ring to break the $init loading.

if i glance at the code used in this loader mod, it appears to never call the loader function unloadMod, which tells the loader that it is finished:
public function initl(_arg1)
{
_arg1.g.inGameMenu.loadData("");
var _local2:* = new hishandl();
_arg1.him.leftArmContainer.arm.foreArm.hand.addChild(_local2);
_arg1.registerToRemove(_local2);
}

i think this causes the $init folder character folder to have been considered being loaded wrong, and thus does not load any mods listed after it in the mods.txt.
if you test this with just trying to load any clothing after it, those do not load as well. so this is a bug with that loader mod specifically. it could probably be fixed very easily if you decompile it, add the line of code, then recompile it. although not sure if it is worth the effort xD.

Tony45

Vivacious Visitor
No it's definetely not worth the effort ahah !

It's nice to put an explanation to the bug though !

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.