Joe Bloggs

Club Regular
A good method is to check the IMDB cast list for an episode and look and the stunt credits. Stunt doubles for the main actresses are usually specified so any extra female performers are likely used for stormtroopers/villains etc. if no civilian or alien background characters need to jump around or get shot. This one has two such performers currently listed I believe.

The cast also has additional voices listed as performers, some of whom are women. So they may also just be dubbing in female voices after the fact. :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 687

Also, I've noticed that just because the screams sound womanly doesn't mean they are in fact women. The men could just sound more high pitched in their death screams.

Amazon Shark

Master of this Domain
There's definitely a couple or more female screams from stormtroopers in there, though, between the 4 scenes I listed. I do see a smaller physique on the female troops who get blasted, especially the scene from Rise of Skywalker. I'm hoping we'll get more as the series progresses, including those with Imperial officers and gunners.

A good method is to check the IMDB cast list for an episode and look and the stunt credits. Stunt doubles for the main actresses are usually specified so any extra female performers are likely used for stormtroopers/villains etc. if no civilian or alien background characters need to jump around or get shot. This one has two such performers currently listed I believe.

The cast also has additional voices listed as performers, some of whom are women. So they may also just be dubbing in female voices after the fact. :(

There is no doubt that female voices are dubbed in. They dub in everyone's voices in high-budget productions, and it's common for the stunt performer to not have their own voices dubbed in, as they are likely not hired for their vocal acting abilities. That would be my guess anyway. The question is, are they dubbing in female screams and dialogue for the female stunt performers in stormtrooper gear? I say yes, at least most of the time, and only because I cannot confirm one way or the other whether this is the case in some examples, as I mentioned in my earlier post.

The ZIL Organization

Club Regular
It's STILL better than Aika.

That is like comparing apples and oranges.

Agent Aika is somewhat akin to raunchy comedies like Benny Hill. It was never meant to be taken seriously.

Star Wars started as a grand epic space opera. Big budget, top directors, lots of serious themes like politics and history and culture on a universal scale. If you were old enough to watch it in the 1970s, it was really awesome - as in, awe-inspiring. It stretched the imaginations and perspectives of everyone who watched it.

When I watch The Mandalorian, I am expecting something like Dune. I am not expecting to watch slapstick action, laughable scripting, etc.

Season 2 has been a total disappointment:
-increasingly worse action scenes
-Baby Yoda's name sounds like he's about to vomit.
-Mando took off his helmet so easily. WTF, did the scriptwriter run out of ideas to have Mando get hold of the terminal without passing a facial recognition scan? And in the first place, what was that scan for, since it couldn't even detect that Mando wasn't one of them?

Considering the budget and size of the audience, I thought they could put more effort into the work. I guess I overestimated Disney.

corondeeja

Casual Client

Agent Aika is somewhat akin to raunchy comedies like Benny Hill. It was never meant to be taken seriously.

Star Wars started as a grand epic space opera. Big budget, top directors, lots of serious themes like politics and history and culture on a universal scale. If you were old enough to watch it in the 1970s, it was really awesome - as in, awe-inspiring. It stretched the imaginations and perspectives of everyone who watched it.

When I watch The Mandalorian, I am expecting something like Dune. I am not expecting to watch slapstick action, laughable scripting, etc.

-Mando took off his helmet so easily. WTF, did the scriptwriter run out of ideas to have Mando get hold of the terminal without passing a facial recognition scan? And in the first place, what was that scan for, since it couldn't even detect that Mando wasn't one of them?

Considering the budget and size of the audience, I thought they could put more effort into the work. I guess I overestimated Disney.

Please just stop

oneofone

Club Regular

That's YOUR problem for expecting Dune.

Star Wars isn't meant to be like Dune, it's meant to be like Star Wars. Which Mandalorian easily is.

You're watching Star Wars for the wrong reasons,go back to Dune and Aika lol

It shows when they make it how you just described, it ends up like episode VII, VIII and IX. Which are all terrible in comparison to Mandalorian.

That's not Star Wars, Star Wars is cheap and low-budget. And it is way better when it is like that.

oneofone

Club Regular
Talking Star Wars is basically talking politics, it's really decisive. You are entitled to your opinion.

I understand this is not the place. I shall refrain.

But you're wrong. hahaha

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Members are gently reminded to get back on topic in open forum. Discussion of Star Wars, Dune and Mandalorian should be in the TV & movies section of Undertow. Link ->TV & Movies :smile:
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Zufallx

Swell Supporter
The female imp getting blasted was great and one for the history books! Even the Rise of Skywalker didn't show unmasked First Order women getting slotted by the heroes. Their demises were more implied and indirect via exploding ships. Only the stormtroopers were killed off with more direct violent means. She must be the first ever onscreen imperial female to be bumped off directly. Surprisingly Rogue One and unsurprisingly the originals had none even as background props.

Prior to the shootout I noticed two ISB female officers leave the canteen in the background quietly. This was worrying as I thought they were just using that as a set up to ensure no lady mooks bit the dust! Not so it seems. We will likely see more and more now.

However I'm not 100% certain any of those troopers are meant to be female. Their screams sounded more like one of those joke male 'Wilhelm' screams that seem to litter the franchise. I know a stunt woman has played various stormtroopers in the series so in that sense some may have been, but even then her lines weren't dubbed as female. I believe she was just silent. Compare that to Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker where the troopers barked orders in clearly female voices before getting whacked. Their screams were also unmistakably female. Unlike these in my opinion.
I think the second gunner could be a woman however. Very slight build as well as particularly high pitched yell.

Are you all forgetting about Oola? Granted, she wasn't Impereial but she was eaten by a godamn dinosaur (for all intents and purposes).

I'd say that ranks higher on the harsh scale, making everything less brutal worth a mere honorable mention.

In my opinion ;)

zakofan999

Avid Affiliate
That scene always bothered me as a kid, I felt so bad for her. That's why I gravitated towards zako as opposed to the other ryona sub-fetishes, it's somehow more "fair" in my mind. Even in zako works I prefer if they are shown doing something bad or trying to fight back, as opposed to just getting slaughtered. I'm picky that way, sue me lol.

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Star Wars is one of the worst offenders when it comes to stretching our suspension of disbelief and insulting our intelligence.

I'm sick of hearing how menacing or dangerous or tyrannical the imperials are. They're practically a bunch of clowns in cardboard costumes. Has stormtrooper armor ever protected against anything?

This bunch of losers actually conquered the galaxy? Come on, the galaxy deserved it for being such pushovers.
Agreed. Even as a kid I always felt bad for them they were so ineffective and died by the hundreds. Plus since I read some expanded universe books I knew most of them were conscripted to be in the army, against their will... Hell, that fate would have awaited Luke too eventually.

It's STILL better than Aika.
But Aika is a cheesecake parody. The whole thing is basically an erotic spy series making fun of spy movie tropes.

Clawz is amazing, that cleavage!!! And even the narrator is quite naughty as he comments like "Clawz is on her back... again" or "I would not mind seeing that again!" My favourite was the ending when the guy seems to molest her body but really just rolls her over to get at the transmitter she fell on. :D
Are there any better quality records of this show? Was it ever released on DVD?

Pangcake22

Club Regular

Stuntwoman Amy Sturdivant has been doing quite a bit of stunt for this show. She mostly stunt double for Gina Carano as well as uncredited role. She seems to be the likely extra that played the imperial officer that got shot.

Pangcake22

Club Regular
The female imp getting blasted was great and one for the history books! Even the Rise of Skywalker didn't show unmasked First Order women getting slotted by the heroes. Their demises were more implied and indirect via exploding ships. Only the stormtroopers were killed off with more direct violent means. She must be the first ever onscreen imperial female to be bumped off directly. Surprisingly Rogue One and unsurprisingly the originals had none even as background props.

Prior to the shootout I noticed two ISB female officers leave the canteen in the background quietly. This was worrying as I thought they were just using that as a set up to ensure no lady mooks bit the dust! Not so it seems. We will likely see more and more now.

However I'm not 100% certain any of those troopers are meant to be female. Their screams sounded more like one of those joke male 'Wilhelm' screams that seem to litter the franchise. I know a stunt woman has played various stormtroopers in the series so in that sense some may have been, but even then her lines weren't dubbed as female. I believe she was just silent. Compare that to Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker where the troopers barked orders in clearly female voices before getting whacked. Their screams were also unmistakably female. Unlike these in my opinion.
I think the second gunner could be a woman however. Very slight build as well as particularly high pitched yell.

i agree.

Weewee14

Casual Client
Where is it from ?

Attachments

• de4wgqv-18fea139-cce5-4530-8e4b-000bcb24bd44.jpg
    de4wgqv-18fea139-cce5-4530-8e4b-000bcb24bd44.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,313

Amazon Shark

Master of this Domain
The Mandalorian scene with the female Imperial officer is a little better when you slow it down to at least 3/4 speed. Afterwards, I think there's a female brown/tan stormtrooper shot right before the protagonists get on the ship, after the scene of stormtroopers getting shot and falling into the dam.

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Anyone knows what movie this is from? Cute torn-clothing wearing blonde girl and her partner do a deal with some criminals who betray them, in the shootout she gets shot in the thigh but fights on, grabbing a machine gun out of the trunk. Makes the mistake (twice) of standing out in the open staring at the gun once ammo runs out, instead of ducking... One of the guys even says "Whoa, we shot her tits off!" after she gets hit multiple times in the chest and back.

Kung Fu Boys (China-2016)
Funny hero knocks out two leather-clad zakos:
Kung Fu Boys
The fight starts at 1:17:25
She has an interesting fighting style, raising her legs above her head like she was some strange snake... But they are way too easily knocked out.

this is from a private video apparently from deviantart user dddracul. it has to be from SGA fantasy art but as a custom. there’s no video out but he has posted a few screenshots
This guy also has photos from this SGA place. Odd that their videos would not be making their way to the internet... If only one person has them they would have cost a fortune to make.

Anyone has this maybe?
Clones-SDCCover.jpg

Last edited:

Stuelpner_Karl

Swell Supporter
Anyone knows what movie this is from? Cute torn-clothing wearing blonde girl and her partner do a deal with some criminals who betray them, in the shootout she gets shot in the thigh but fights on, grabbing a machine gun out of the trunk. Makes the mistake (twice) of standing out in the open staring at the gun once ammo runs out, instead of ducking... One of the guys even says "Whoa, we shot her tits off!" after she gets hit multiple times in the chest and back.

"Armed Response" is the name of the movie.
The blonde is Laurene Landon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.