lin beifong from korra rough draft (1 Viewer)

zeroman68

Potential Patron
The reason I'm calling this a rough draft is because if you try to put this in game it looks kind of weird. I'm putting this here in-case someone who's a little better at making hairs would want to tweak it to make it look better.

the reference shot I used

Attachments

• linbeifong.png
    linbeifong.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,762
  • Lin-Beifong-lin-beifong-30906177-1920-1080.jpg
    Lin-Beifong-lin-beifong-30906177-1920-1080.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 1,786

caelenvasius

Potential Patron
Ralax said:
Really good job, but what about the scar?

The scar can't be mounted to the hair AFAIK, since the hair moves somewhat independently of the jawline itself.

I'm doing a new version of the hair from scratch using colors closer to the show, and so far it looks pretty good. I'm also experimenting with the scar, seeing if there's some way to mount it in the hair file (therefore meaning you wouldn't need a .swf mod for it...way simpler, if it can be done). I'll post it here if it works right. If it doesn't, I'll still post, but sans scar.

zeroman68 said:
check out my Korra dialog

I lol'd a bit at these, pretty good! Got a lot of punctuation errors in there though, and some capitalization errors. Also, Tenzin's wife's name is "Pema". Do you want me to PM you a version with the errors fixed, to save you the editing time? Didn't intend to offend through criticism, nor to sound patronizing, so forgive me if you do feel that way.

++EDIT++
I finished the edit. I tried everything I could do, but the scars just wouldn't work as originally planned in anything but the demo pics. The problem is that in the show Lin's scars wrap from her cheek, through the jaw, to the very top of the throat. This couldn't be done normally in SDT. Then I realized that ~95% of the time you see Lin's right side, you don't see her throat; I could "cheat" a little with the scars.

Due to the number of attachements, I'll make it a separate post, so please forgive the double-post.

caelenvasius

Potential Patron
First up, is Lin without the scars (suitable for flipping, or if you don't want her with scars for whatever reason.

LinDemoCloseupsansScars.jpg

Closeup, without scars.

LinDemoFullsansScars.jpg

Full-body shot, without scars.

Here's the first attempt at the scars; you'll swiftly see why it doesn't work.

LinDemowithScarv101.jpg

The scars here are the closest to Lin's "real" scars, including the wrap over her jawline. It looked good in the png, but...

LinDemowithScarv102.jpg

This is why it didn't work. Bummer.

Scar Version 2

LinDemowithScarv2.jpg

The scars were shortened, rotated slightly right, and lifted. They looked ok in the png, but a little "playtesting" on the in-game model showed that they were still off.

Scar Version 3

LinDemowithScarv3.jpg

Final version. I re-lengthened the scars to an appropriate level. With her jaw clenched (as seen) they line up perfectly, and with her mouth open there's not much space between her jaw and the scars. This version is my favorite in-game version.

Here's the body code I used, with all colors matched as close as possible to examples taken from the show.
Code:
charName:Lin Beifong;mood:Angry;bodyScale:1.01625;arms:onlegs;throatResist:56;hair:misato,1,1,1;iris:normal,135,185,114,1;breasts:69;skin:light;nose:normal;ear:normal;lipstick:0,80,5,10,0.275;eyeshadow:0,0,0,0;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:0,0,0,0;freckles:0,0,0,0,0;mascara:0,0,0,0,0;nailpolish:0,0,0,0;eyebrow:103,107,126,1,65,69,80,1;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:-7,1.37,0.95,1;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisSkin:0;hisPenis:1,1,1;balls:1,1;hisTop:none,238,242,245,1;hisBottoms:none,27,29,29,1;hisFootwear:none,0,0,0,1;collar:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,0,0,0,1;top:none,0,0,0,1;armwear:none,0,0,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,0,0,0,1

Lastly, I'll include all four hair imports (No Scar, Scar v.1, Scar v.2, and Scar v.3). I'll let you decide which is the best. Let me know if you have suggestions/comments.

Lastly, is it just me or is the "normal" eye type wierd? Look at the close-up shots; they look light the "bright" one used to, and have no discernable pupil...

Attachments

• Lin Temp (no scar).png
    Lin Temp (no scar).png
    37.8 KB · Views: 391
  • Lin Temp V1.png
    Lin Temp V1.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 307
  • Lin Temp V2.png
    Lin Temp V2.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Lin Temp V3.png
    Lin Temp V3.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 614

caelenvasius

Potential Patron
[quote author=zzaapp002] Nice work thanks! I dig the scars....[/quote]

Honestly I think V.3 is the best, since the scars never don't line up. Compare it to V.1, where when her jaw gets clenched, the scars "pop off" her jaw.

Either way, I'm glad you liked it! I've been doing vector art for a long time now, but I just started doing hair imports. I was thinking about starting an artist thread when I have more to show of my work.

If you want to see more of my Lin work (though it's not SDT-related), check out this image I did of a younger Lin. It's an edit I made of this original work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.