Kojiro's Imports (Tira/Bayonetta/Tron Bonne) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kojiro

Content Creator
Re: Kojiro's Imports (Cammy)

update made a collar and messed around with the options for sdchan 2 to make elena. the collar works fine and is in the right position when she is deepthroating but the top right sticks out and is ontop of her chin when she goes back to take a breath. it works better when you turn throat bulge off

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Kojiro's Imports (Cammy/Elena)

Hi. So your problem is that you created your own object in the library without using Kona's template. Kona's template has action script coded into each template. You need this actionscript. It helps to follow the guide.

I made your import of Lilika with your .fla that you were using, it took a bit of reworking on my part. If you'd like the .fla I can send it to you.

I did not make your import dynamic as I haven't messed with that, but if I take some time I can maybe do that. Dynamic importing seems to be a bit more difficult compared to static swf imports.

F*** that s***, dynamic importing is a pain in the ass and I don't have time for it right now. Also, I possess no artistic skill to redraw some of your work. There is a tutorial for dynamic importing inside of the SDTModding.fla, follow that and you should be fine. But always use Kona's templates because they have actionscript in them. Keep the Settings and Hair layers, the reference layer needs to be removed after you are done drawing the hair.

Attachments

Lilika.swf
7.4 KB · Views: 8,278

kojiro

Content Creator

im not sure what i messed up on. when following the tutorial for dynamic imports it said i had to make each of the separate hair pieces into an object. but i guess i fudged up somewhere else becuase i didnt change anything for the static hair and even that didnt show up. maybe ill see where i messed up if i compare the original with the reworking you did

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

I made it all static. I believe what you can do for starters is. Keep the main hair static. and make the feather and bang dynamic just to work with that. The thing is that you can't just create an object, you have to make a duplicate of his dynamic hair template and put your bang/feather in there and work from there. It needs Kona's actionscript with the object.

Also, I think it means each of the separate hair pieces into separate objects. I might be wrong. I keep saying it and people say no, but I think some should put out a better tutorial for dynamic importing.

kojiro

Content Creator

ill just call this one a loss and try again with something else another time. i dont think we will get another tutorial anytime soon so ill start fro scratch with another hair import and do my best to follow kona's instructions

kojiro

Content Creator
Re: Kojiro's Imports (Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei)

update with a sort of dynamic hsien-ko. it was a test to see if i can get dynamic movement to work and i did ;D her paper talisman is dynamic. i find that the difficult thing is the layering when its in the game. idk how to get it just right so for now her ear is sticking out the hair(its not supposed to) but it was the only layering options i understood to get the hat ontop of the hair and the talisman ontop of the hat. i put the fla in so if anyone knows a correct way of layering it can you tell me how? and also how do i adjust the positions? i want to put the talisman at the edge of the hat and maybe tilt the hat a backwards a bit
EDIT:if anyone didn't know the hat and talisman can be removed if you click it

funfriend

Content Creator

Nice hair, and a far out character! The talisman in particular looks good.

I fixed some of the problems with Hsienko:
- The only solution is to put both the hair and the hat in the HAIR_COSTUME_UNDEROVER layer.
- Turned off toggleable for the hair.
- I had to add an empty symbol in the hair layer so that preexisting hair would be cleared.
- Stretched the hat so it covers the hair on the right side.
- Moved the talisman to the left, so we can see her eye.

To move the talisman, I double clicked the symbol (on the "main" stage), selected all 3 components, and dragged them to the left.

I made a list of the various layers, to help solve these layering conundrums, which are very common. Here they are, from front to back:

HAIR_COSTUME_OVER
DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER
HAIR_TOP
HAIR_COSTUME_UNDEROVER
[ear]
DYNAMIC_HAIR_BETWEEN
EYEWEAR
[body including right arm, leg, buttock, breast]
HAIR_COSTUME_UNDER
HAIR_UNDER
DYNAMIC_HAIR_UNDER
HAIR_BOTTOM
COLLAR
GAG_FRONT
[neck & head, except for ear]
GAG_BACK
[penis, outlines of left body parts: arm, leg, buttock, breast]
HAIR_COSTUME_BACK
DYNAMIC_HAIR_BACK
HAIR_BACK
[his arm]
BACKGROUND

[attachthumb=3]

Attachments

• hsienko-04-preview.png
    hsienko-04-preview.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 2,125
hsienko-04.swf
8.2 KB · Views: 7,792

hsienko-04-CS5.fla
279 KB · Views: 250

kojiro

Content Creator

:) thanks. so just to be sure, if anything if i ever want to adjust something like move it or increase its size just do it on the "main" part of the stage?
:-\ i can't open the fla im using cs5 and its a cs5.5 file

al1enh0mIn1d

Content Creator

looks like someone beat me here but I'll post this anyway since you still have questions hope this helps

Don't know if this helps but here goes first here is your layers and how they stack up I'm going to call them floors like a building has different floors.

HAIR_COSTUME_OVER
DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER
HAIR_TOP
HAIR_COSTUME_UNDEROVER
[ear]
DYNAMIC_HAIR_BETWEEN
EYEWEAR
[body including right arm, leg, buttock, breast]
HAIR_COSTUME_UNDER
HAIR_UNDER
DYNAMIC_HAIR_UNDER
HAIR_BOTTOM
COLLAR
GAG_FRONT
[neck & head, except for ear]
GAG_BACK
[penis, outlines of left body parts: arm, leg, buttock, breast]
HAIR_COSTUME_BACK
DYNAMIC_HAIR_BACK
HAIR_BACK
[his arm]
BACKGROUND
by funfriend

[attachthumb=1]

for example in the picture you have 4 floors and only three are being used.
this is how it will render
d
a
b
c
lets say in the main section i select C and ctrl+up the visual layers to display above d the fact i didn't change the floor level in the action scripts it will still be on the bottom floor sort to speak even tho it displays right on the main stage when published it is put back on the bottom floor

how you change the floor level is here

now dynamic, static, and costume have diffrent choice this is for dynamic but its still pretty much the same

[attachthumb=2]

click ctrl+f9 to pull up the action codes in the bottom left corner you'll find a tree called symbol definitions open Symbol c and click setting you should see something similar to mine. you then change the floor level by changing the code that is circled respectively to where you want it.

basically the only thing that changes is yellow ModElements.DYNAMIC_HAIR_UNDER;

now as for symbols a and b since there on the same floor even tho there on different templates you can effectively layer them so they render as the display so click the object and ctrl+up and ctrl+down to layer them so

On to moving parts you can do this 2 ways
before you start working on any templates you drag them to the main stage and align them center and horizontally so you get a true common x location (usually the easiest but takes fore thought) from there you go about drawing you mods in the respected templates after which when it comes time to move them you can
1. (if you don't have a common x value on the main stage)move them on the template in the library not the main stage and it will reflect there but will look like a jumbled mess until published
2. (if you have a common x value on the main stage)you can go to the main stage and click the object you want to isolate the object where it is the only one where the color is not washed out and it has the template up in the top left part of the screen. as is shown in the picture. this is moving the objects x axis in the template not the templates x axis on the main stage and it will render where you put it (only if you started out with a common x axis before you drew your mod if not you have to go back to 1.)

[attachthumb=3]

you can modify the angle and size using the 3rd tool down and when enlarge hold the shift key for equal scaling just make sure your in the template not the main stage

Attachments

• layers.png
    layers.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 185
  • action codes.PNG
    action codes.PNG
    121.4 KB · Views: 199
  • moving parts.PNG
    moving parts.PNG
    151.1 KB · Views: 212

funfriend

Content Creator

I re-uploaded the fla file that I posted above, it should be CS5-compatible now.

kojiro

Content Creator

thanks guys, working on dynamic morrigan right now hopefully i wont mess it up

kojiro

Content Creator

funfriend said:
- I had to add an empty symbol in the hair layer so that preexisting hair would be cleared.
can you explain this? i dont really understand :-[

al1enh0mIn1d

Content Creator

basicaly saying the way he changed it would have caused the import to simply be placed on top of the already existing hair so to prevent this he created an empty hair layer to clear out the previous hair (i.e. the previous charecters hair (i can't remeber her name lol) )

kojiro

Content Creator

so this is for perviously existing hair in the game to not be there like how its shows sdchan in the character code? i think theres something about clearing hair layers in konas tutorial but i wasnt sure how it worked

funfriend

Content Creator

kojiro said:
funfriend said:
can you explain this? i dont really understand :-[

Let's say you start up SDT, and you've got SD chan selected. Then you load a swf mod that doesn't contain a hair element. The mod will load, but you'll still have SD chan's hair. However if the mod DOES contain a hair element, it will automatically replace (overwrite) whatever hair was there before you loaded the mod.

When I edited your file, I moved the blue hair to a costume layer, so I had no parts in a hair layer, and I ended up with your Hsienko's lovely hair in front of SD chan's.

To fix this, I:
- duplicated the "hair template" (I named the duplicate "hair-blank")
- dragged hair-blank to the main stage and named that instance "hair"
- registered the mod called "hair" in the main settings' actionscript

kojiro

Content Creator

since the static hair was moved to a costume layer you created a blank static hair and made it into an instance as a place holder for the hair that was moved. because you did that the game wouldnt put the preloaded hair in because its tricked into thinking one is already there, which prevented weird overplapping. did i get that right?

Faceless

Content Creator

What I would have done was to have the hat as part of the COSTUME_UNDEROVER layer, with the hair in the HAIR_TOP layer and cropped to prevent overlap with the hat. That way, the talisman could still go over both components as part of the DYNAMIC_OVER layer. But hey, whatever works.

funfriend

Content Creator

Faceless said:
What I would have done was to have the hat as part of the COSTUME_UNDEROVER layer, with the hair in the HAIR_TOP layer and cropped to prevent overlap with the hat. That way, the talisman could still go over both components as part of the DYNAMIC_OVER layer. But hey, whatever works.

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. But then you can't toggle the hat. It's just a choice between HSL-shiftable hair or removable hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.