King of Fighters 14? (1 Viewer)

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
I think I buy this soon. Anyone here play ? How is it in term of ryona sound and other ryona?

I understand that SNK only now retry 3D model and it is not so pretty as game like Dead or Alive. Even so I have very much love this series fighting since young age and they have finally return one of my favorite girls, Vanessa.

rzdxrk.gif

See? Very persuasive for a fan like me.

So any else KOF fan here? Fav characters? Girls? Teams? What your opinion on 3D?

I am glad they change to 3D. I miss sprites but 3D can look good. They need more practice and experience but this is good start. I think the sprite take too long and HD sprite is too expensive for company to keep up.

I hope some rare times they make sprite game again in future. :)

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
I own it and play it extensively. It's the reason I bought a PS4 in the first place last year. Fave girls are Athena, Kula, Yuri & Nakoruru, though I also dab into Mui Mui and Alice as well (they're also my favorite ryona targets). The game itself has a whole lot of characters (54 as with this week's upcoming DLC) with extensive movelists to see if anything ryona wise tickles your fancy; dizzy/stun is in the game if that's something you're into and imo the girls' damage voices and animations 'sell' well enough for me. Sure, since it's a 2D game in spirit the action is fast... but I feel it's enough to still enjoy the girls' getting hurt; plus every match (that's not against the CPU) can be saved to the replay viewer where you can view it frame by frame if you want; something I love doing with my mirror match girl shenanigans.

The move to 3D models was overdue to be honest, sure SNK is just now learning how to do that on the regular but it was better than nearly going bankrupt like they did with KOF12/13 with those super HD sprites. The game's getting improvements frequently and supported with free/paid DLC as well, including costumes so there's always that too.

All in all I love it; just as much as I loved Ultra Street Fighter IV. Hope you get it, S&E. I can vouch that it's worth it.

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
DeNice DeNice
Thankyou for explaining. I am now looking forward to this even more. I will buy this game. I have most KOF game that come out and some of them even on many platforms. :D

Aderblk

Swell Supporter
Yeah, I'm glad SNK is still pumping content into this game. I am waiting for a PC version myself though... hopefully by then, my girl B. Jenet will be in it lol.

EDIT: Looks like the PC version is actually coming out.
SNK GLOBAL on Twitter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.