Killer Queen Costume Request (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) (1 Viewer)

Pops Shubert

Potential Patron
Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to read my request.
I'd like to request a .SWF costume mod for Killer Queen from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Would it be possible to make a costume that would be compatible with/sized around an already existing muscular body mod? I'd assume that would be easier than making the full costume from scratch.

My Imgur page with a collection of reference images- This page devoted to reference pictures of a genderless cat-man thing from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure named Killer Queen (Yes, like the Queen song)

The muscular body mod I was thinking of- Muscular Her

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help smooth out the process, and thanks again!

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to read my request.
I'd like to request a .SWF costume mod for Killer Queen from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Are you asking for only a costume? We can fit a costume around a muscular body (as you've suggested) which would potentially give you:
  • skirt
  • shoulder pauldrons with badge
  • elbow pads
  • spikes on back
  • knee pads
  • stripes on calves and biceps
  • sandals
If the mod also includes a hat (and/or custom hairstyle) then the cat-ears could be provided. The white skin would presumably be achieved through HSL shifting.

The key thing is that a vanilla mod will not give you a flat-faced noseless head. It also wouldn't include the gloves (because of HSL and handjob limitations). Those features would require Loader modding.

But maybe handjob mode isn't such a good idea. if you remember Killer Queen's primary ability :)

I doubt that you'll get the square chin, smaller mouth, sharp cheekbones, or the muscular neck. Each of those would involve tricky modding work.

I would encourage you to create an itemized list of the things you're requesting (skirt, sandals, cat-ears, etc) and ensure that you have a good side-view reference for each one. There are some inconsistencies in your reference images (the design of the shoulder badge, for instance) so it might be a good idea to hyperlink each item to the corresponding reference shot. These images don't need to be exclusive; a single image might serve as the reference for several pieces of the costume.

And if you want a Loader mod with the gloves included then it would be a good idea to find more references. Remember that SDT gloves are shown in several positions (clenched behind back, edge-on to camera, grasping penis) and that each involves left+right variations. More imagery for gloves is always useful, even if it's just fanart.

Finally ... you should remember that this is a somewhat-difficult modding task for a somewhat-niche subject. I've requested more information in order to streamline the request, not because I'm personally interested in working on this mod. I'd say that Killer Queen is more "menacing" than "sexy" and so the request may not catch the interest of modders. If you find the project stuck then remember that you can always try to jump-start it by tracing some of the costume pieces on your own. There is a template available here. It depicts the standard female body, but a modder can rotate and stretch things in Flash to fit the contours of the muscular body. Let me know if you need help; we could walk through one of the pieces in order to demonstrate the tools and techniques.

Pops Shubert

Potential Patron
Thanks for the feedback!
I have to admit, I'm a little confused about something you mentioned. What are the key differences between making a costume mod compatible with the Loader and one that's strictly vanilla? I had planned on using the Loader, if that makes any difference.
I can make a more comprehensive reference list for the various clothing parts
Would it be possible to make the ears and head as a .png hairstyle? Specifically, I was thinking something along the lines of the Warhammer Daemonette hairstyle included in the archive. Something that covers the head, and comes down enough in the front to sort-of streamline the face.

As far as helping to jump-start the process a bit, I'd be more than willing to trace/make base designs using the template. What program would I use for the drawing process?

Daemonette hairstyle- https://www.undertow.club/attachments/daemonette-png.53521/

And as far as how niche this would be, I know it's a really odd request, but if someone got a mod for the Predator made, I think anything's fair game, haha

stuntcock

Content Creator
What are the key differences between making a costume mod compatible with the Loader and one that's strictly vanilla?
Vanilla imports have access to a limited set of "slots". They can draw clothing sprites on the thighs and calves, for example, but not on the forearms. Modders can partially compensate for these limitations; you can draw "tattoo" sprites on the forearms but they won't be fully functional as clothing (they won't obey RGB sliders and they'll obey skin HSL sliders).

Loader imports can use slots which were absent from the original modding specification; modders can create stockings, long sleeves, handjob-capable gloves, etc. This type of mod is partially usable in the vanilla game - vanilla users will see the basic parts of the costume but not the advanced stuff. For example: the sleeves of a plugsuit won't be visible for vanilla users.

Loader mods can go much further than that; modders are able to forcibly draw sprites anywhere they want. This approach is used to put clothing on the male body, which is not setup to accept conventional mods at all. This approach is also used to replace the guy's penis. This type of Loader mod doesn't adhere to the modding framework and therefore it tends to have poor compatibility. The game doesn't really understand how to remove such mods, so if the modder hasn't written a custom removal function then the user might be forced to restart their game in order to get rid of the thing.

Would it be possible to make the ears and head as a .png hairstyle?
It depends on your requirements.

You can't remove the nose with a PNG file, so if you want a flat-faced effect then you'd be forced to draw a longer jaw and much thicker lips. Neither of those things can be included in a PNG hairstyle because a PNG hairstyle is static. If you want a flat face whose mouth is able to move then you'll need a Flash mod.

If you're willing to accept a standard nose+mouth+jaw then you could use a PNG hairstyle to redraw the brow ridge and forehead. Remember that it's a pain-in-the-ass to match colors between static hair and skin. In the Daemonette example, you have purple skin drawn on the hairstyle PNG file - which means that you must apply a precise HSL adjustment to the girl's skin in order for it to match the purple "hair" without creating an obvious border or seam.

As far as helping to jump-start the process a bit, I'd be more than willing to trace/make base designs using the template. What program would I use for the drawing process?
Inkscape is recommended because it creates vector files. Flash uses vector graphics; a Flash modder can import your vector artwork and then tweak it as needed to fit the template. The sprites can also tweened or animated, if the project calls for it. In the context of SDT, that applies mostly to breast-slider costumes and dynamic hairstyles. Occasionally a tail or set of wings will be given a looping animation.

You can also use raster graphics tools (such as Paint.NET or GIMP) but Flash modders can't fine-tune them. If you're already familiar with one of these tools (such as Photoshop) then the overall results might be better/faster than learning something new. Raster files are much more difficult to animate and most Flash modders won't bother to try.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
It appears that it was not. Usually when a request is filled, the person who filled the request makes a post in the request thread. Subsequently, the entire thread is then moved to the 'Filled Requests" section of Undertow.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.