Jasmine (Disney) - dynamic (1 Viewer)

Faceless

Content Creator
Alright, first try at making a dynamic hair. Holy shit, that's time consuming, and only for 3 joints.

Anyway, original credit goes to Mineur for the static version.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 25,721
Jasmine.swf
11.7 KB · Views: 8,442

funfriend

Content Creator
Good job, the hair moves well. It might be neat if the earring swayed a little too.

Nice to see other people working on dynamic hairs. I'm working on a dynamic Yoko now - it's a nightmare. I tried tracing the png import to get a real vector hair; lots of extra work, but it should look a lot better, and in some ways is easier to work with and tweak stuff.

Mineur

Content Creator
great work, and awesome that some dynamic hairs are arriving^^

btw seems to me like a small error in this one (maybe is something with my flashplayer or something dunno) but here is what I found out: [attachthumb=1]

Attachments

• asd.png
    asd.png
    288.9 KB · Views: 7,093

Faceless

Content Creator
funfriend said:
Good job, the hair moves well. It might be neat if the earring swayed a little too.
Done.

Nice to see other people working on dynamic hairs. I'm working on a dynamic Yoko now - it's a nightmare. I tried tracing the png import to get a real vector hair; lots of extra work, but it should look a lot better, and in some ways is easier to work with and tweak stuff.
That's actually why I picked this particular hair. It's relatively simple, what with being a single color and lacking lots of individual hair strands to worry about.

Mineur said:
btw seems to me like a small error in this one (maybe is something with my flashplayer or something dunno) but here is what I found out:
Fixed.

rufferto

Vivacious Visitor
Great job, it moves perfectly!

How did you get the different parts of the dynamic hair aligned correctly?

Trying do do something similar here (ponytail with 3 parts), but I can´t get it together.
I made every single part of the hair into a symbol and put them together in the template, they fit perfectly in flash but in the game they´re way off.

Faceless

Content Creator
rufferto said:
Great job, it moves perfectly!

How did you get the different parts of the dynamic hair aligned correctly?

Trying do do something similar here (ponytail with 3 parts), but I can´t get it together.
I made every single part of the hair into a symbol and put them together in the template, they fit perfectly in flash but in the game they´re way off.
Simply aligning the components in the main window doesn't actually do anything unless they all have overlapping origins.
[attachthumb=1]
You see the crosshairs? Those are the respective origins of those two components. If I were to align those components so that the origins overlap, I get this:
[attachthumb=2]
See how there's now only one crosshair for both components and how they're now properly placed respective to each other? The templates included in the library all have reference layers, so if you use those to make your components, the origins should all line up.

Attachments

• Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,441
  • Clipboard04.jpg
    Clipboard04.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,233

rufferto

Vivacious Visitor
Hmm, I already do that but the pieces of my dynamic hair still dangle around like they don´t belong together. :-\

Did you have seperate templates for every piece of dynamic hair, or did you have the pieces as symbols and put them together in one template?

Faceless

Content Creator
Really? Hm, that's weird.

But anyway, each piece of the braid is a separate symbol, but they're all on one template. The earring is a symbol on another template.

rufferto

Vivacious Visitor
Well that´s the same way I try to do it, but somehow it doesn´t work for me.

Could you please tell me how you placed the single pieces in relation to the crosshair (before turning them into symbols)?
I can see from your pictures that you moved the pivot point around, right?

Thanks for the infos!

Faceless

Content Creator
I think I've figured out the problem. If I scale my components, that will change the size of my pixels and throw off alignment. But if I then completely break down that component in the main window and reconvert it back into a symbol, the alignment appears to be fixed without having to do anything else.

rufferto

Vivacious Visitor
omg if scaling is a problem I´m screwed.
My imports are all made with Illustrator in the size of the 2000x2400 template and need to be scaled and rotated to match with the Flash templates. :'(

Faceless

Content Creator
I uploaded a new version with some minor graphical tweaks, as well as character code.

rufferto said:
omg if scaling is a problem I´m screwed.
My imports are all made with Illustrator in the size of the 2000x2400 template and need to be scaled and rotated to match with the Flash templates. :'(
Another thing I noticed recently is that dynamic components seem to get slightly distorted, leaving them a few pixels shorter than they actually are. It's less of a problem if there's a static component on a layer above it that can hide the discrepancy, but static imports tend not to lend themselves to that sort of set up. *shrugs*

Wu

Potential Patron
Hi mod wizards, this is one of my favorite models around, i only wonder if you could change her nose form to more original/arab one? That would be awesum.
[attachthumb=1]
[attachthumb=2]

Attachments

• princess-jasmine-cosplay-aladdin.jpeg
    princess-jasmine-cosplay-aladdin.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,320
  • 2738.jpg
    2738.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 5,311

Faceless

Content Creator
Someone else will have to give that a go, because I don't think I could make it look right without a lot of effort, which I don't feel like putting forth. Sorry, guy.
[attachthumb=1]

Attachments

Jasmine.fla
143.2 KB · Views: 1,534

Fredrick2003

Potential Patron
Beautiful animations on the hair.

Everybody else that was working on Jasmine hairs needs to find something else to do now... :(

PyramidHead

Potential Patron
Faceless's link for the Jasmine dynamic swf is not broken. But the swf itself does not work. ???
Does anyone have his updated swf that works? :-\

PyramidHead

Potential Patron
Ho ho yeah, thanks man. Works now!
If you want to add the nose shape shown in my screenshot (so you can add it into the swf), let me know and I can upload it or something. I dl'ed it from this forum, but I edited it a bit so it has more natural skin tone highlights and also doesn't block the eyelashes.

Edit: Only have 1 nitpick, which is entirely optional for you to look at. I think when you recompiled this swf, the earring go sent below the hair layer? If you look at your OP's picture, and my attached pics, you can see the minor earring glitch in the new swf due to the earring being below now.

Attachments

• screenshot0003.png
    screenshot0003.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,308
  • screenshot0004.png
    screenshot0004.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,067

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.