Is there any way to set "Body 1" and "Body 2" clothing inside the dialogue file? (1 Viewer)

SkyHeart

Casual Client
Is there any way to set "Body 1" and "Body 2" clothing options that moreclothing adds inside the dialogue file?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is there any way to set "Body 1" and "Body 2" clothing options that moreclothing adds inside the dialogue file?
Yes, the Body1 and Body2 selectors behave in a fairly intuitive way. You can activate those options in-game and then generate a charcode. You should notice a special addendum at the end of the generated string, such as:
Code:
moreclothingbody:Muscular;

The trick is that dialogueActions normally ignores this addendum when it processes a charcode that you've asked it to load. Therefore you must use the [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] or [LOAD_CHARCODE2] alternate triggers, instead of the usual [LOAD_CHARCODE]. You can still use conventional charcode techniques for changing the girl's skin tone, makeup, eye color, clothing, etc. But any adjustments to the girl's body shape (such as switching from Normal to Chubby proportions, or adding a set of wings) will require use of the special triggers.
Code:
intro:"[LOAD_CHARCODE2] {"style":"Thought","set":{"da.charcode.load":"moreclothingbody:Muscular;"}}
wake:"[LOAD_CHARCODE2] {"style":"Thought","set":{"da.charcode.load":"moreclothingbody:None;"}}

Alternatively, you can reassign your body mods (via the moreClothing config file) into one of the categories that you don't intend to use -- such as belly piercings. Your mods could then be activated or deactivated via the standard [LOAD_CHARCODE] trigger:
Code:
intro:"[LOAD_CHARCODE] {"style":"Thought","set":{"da.charcode.load":"bellyPiercing:Muscular;"}}
wake:"[LOAD_CHARCODE] {"style":"Thought","set":{"da.charcode.load":"bellyPiercing:None;"}}

The second technique is more limited, since it allows only mod (per category) to be active. You could give the girl a muscular body, or a chubby body, or a set of wings, but you cannot combine them. Instead, you would need to assign your mods to several separate categories -- putting the wings mod into the Belly Piercing category, and the chubby mod into the Tongue Piercing category, and so on. Sacrificing a few disused categories might seem acceptable in the short term, but it could constrain your design choices in the future. You might decide that you'd like to use the Better Feet mod, for example -- but then you remember that you've already dedicated all of the Piercing categories for other body mods.

The first technique has better extensibility, because it intrinsically supports comma-separated lists. But it's still not perfect. You might notice unwanted side-effects (such as elements of the girl's appearance or clothing being unexpectedly reset, or the position of her arms suddenly changing) because of the way that charcode loading calls are handled. You should probably test out both techniques before making a decision.

If you're performing major body-shape changes then you might find it useful to hide the loading event behind a fade-to-black transition - so that any momentary weirdness is hidden from the player.

SkyHeart

Casual Client
Alternatively, you can reassign your body mods (via the moreClothing config file) into one of the categories that you don't intend to use
I have tried that, since I'm not really using hats, I put items it that section, but when I started the loader it said something like
"<ItemName>is not a viable headwear"

I've tried the load charcode way too, but I didn't know I had to trigger it with [LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE]
Thank you!

stuntcock

Content Creator
"<ItemName>is not a viable headwear"
It's probably a syntax error. You need to specify the "source" and the "destination" categories in order to perform a reassignment. If you mention only the "destination" then moreClothing will complain that no such content exists in the SWF file.

This won't work:
Code:
MuscleBody.swf=Muscular:CostumeHeadwear

This will work:
Code:
MuscleBody.swf=Muscular:Body>CostumeHeadwear

SkyHeart

Casual Client
It's probably a syntax error. You need to specify the "source" and the "destination" categories in order to perform a reassignment. If you mention only the "destination" then moreClothing will complain that no such content exists in the SWF file.

This won't work:
Code:
MuscleBody.swf=Muscular:CostumeHeadwear

This will work:
Code:
MuscleBody.swf=Muscular:Body>CostumeHeadwear

Oh, I see, yes, that exactly the mistake i did. Thanks for making me understand how moreClothing settings works too.
I usualy put in something like
<swf name>=<inGame name>:Headwear (for example) I never used customeHeadwear.
It worked as intended for files that were put in the places they should be put in so I never really tried to understand exactly what everything does. My bad for being ignorant.
Thanks a lot.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
moreclothing dialog features: (forgot when i added this)

MoreclothingBodyON_ makes that specific body menu entry visible example:

head_grabbed:" Wha.. what are you d- [MoreclothingBodyON_NippleClothespin] OW!

MoreclothingBodyOFF_ makes that specific body menu entry invisible example:

head_grabbed:" Rip these things off, won't you? [MoreclothingBodyOFF_NippleClothespin]

SkyHeart

Casual Client
moreclothing dialog features: (forgot when i added this)

MoreclothingBodyON_ makes that specific body menu entry visible example:

head_grabbed:" Wha.. what are you d- [MoreclothingBodyON_NippleClothespin] OW!

MoreclothingBodyOFF_ makes that specific body menu entry invisible example:

head_grabbed:" Rip these things off, won't you? [MoreclothingBodyOFF_NippleClothespin]
[LOAD_FULL_CHARCODE] and [LOAD_CHARCODE2] seem to break the dialogue.
This makes everything sooo much easier. Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.