Internal Server Error - Website Related (1 Viewer)

Potential Patron
"Internal Error Please notify the webmaster at anonymous@undertow.club."

9PM GMT

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Alright well apparently throttling the spiders didn't do much, so I've turned off a chat addon that runs on the main board which I assume is the culprit. I'll keep it off for about 24 hours. Please keep me posted if you continue receiving the error.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Well it's been over a day and there are no replies to this thread, so I think that's good news. Can you guys please verify that you haven't run into anymore errors since my last post? Time for me to try to go get a refund. :P

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I've been digging around a bit more and found that the SDT forums uses much more (little more than twice) CPU/RAM than the Ryonani forums despite having similar traffic patterns and a database half the size. I will be taking steps to optimize the SDT forums as well as the Ryonani forums as much as possible over the rest of the day to see if that helps with the errors.

I've already done most of what I can to the SDT forums short of upgrading to SMF 2.x.

You guys probably noticed the avatars are missing. I had to drop that table due to poor design in the existing forum software. I've reworked it to be more efficient but unfortunately the script to relink the avatars back to their owners simply doesn't work. However this fix does make a significant difference in efficiency. In case you didn't have your avatar saved anywhere but here, you can look for it in these piles: (and ideally for the sake of server load, setup your avatar to use the image from Imageshack instead of uploading it to SDT)
http://imageshack.us/g/847/avatar1ja.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/g/835/avatar1598.png/

I apologize for the inconvenience. If the errors are still popping up after tomorrow, then I will simply pay for a better hosting service.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
That is unfortunate and makes me sad. Hopefully the avatars are not the problem, as it confuses my eyes seeing two people with red names post and actually having to read them to tell the difference.

Would the avatars actually cause this problem, or that much more server strain?

Also, would upgrading to 2.x help? I'm only worried about whether or not the current add-ons would still work with 2.x.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
The avatars themselves are not a problem and feel free to use them again. They were just being loaded in a terribly inefficient manner for some odd reason by SMF. It's fixed now but the avatars got reset in the process. Updating to 2.x might help, but I will try to make that a last resort because of the number of addons you have running.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
I don't know if I'd call it server errors, but I haven't been able to post or view the forum for a good 5 minutes at least.

Server error at 10:52 UTC -9 (20th August)
7:28 UTC-9 (22nd August)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I believe I've done all the optimizing I can as of last night. How have things been over here?

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
well I had a server error earlier and I had a service temporarily unavailable a little while ago.

But I haven't noticed it be nearly as bad as it once was.

TDream

Potential Patron
Sometimes I get this message:

"An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

I always have to delete my browser cookies or I can't log myself out.

Kir

Content Creator
TDream said:
Sometimes I get this message:

"An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

I always have to delete my browser cookies or I can't log myself out.

Same problem here.

Had trouble logging out or modifying my post before.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I guess I'll just look into the VPS service.

As far as the trouble with editing/modifying posts, that sounds like a cookie issue which I didn't play with. What day did it start occurring?

RajasGrime

Content Creator
It did for me last friday. Couldn't post a single thing as I was told my session was timed out. I couldn't log out as I ironically received that same error message.

Clearing cookies didn't resolve it and I experienced this issue on multiple systems.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Everything has been moved to the VPS as of last night so there should be no more error 500/internal server error messages. Please let me know if there are so I can yell at my host.

Rajas (and anyone else having the session verification/session timed out error), please try clearing your cookies one last time and seeing if the issue is still there. If your browser has a cookie browser window, just search for "ryonani" and delete the results if you don't want to delete all of them. If you have trouble logging in and can't post/message here, e-mail me at d£t@undertow.club or PM me on the Ryonani boards.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
It seems to be resolved on this computer. The other one I regularly use still had the issue last night. Clearing cookies didn't work. Neither did it for this one after several retries, but it resolved itself after a couple of hours later somehow.

I'll try again on my other computer when I get back to using that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.