Internal Server Error - Website Related (1 Viewer)

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
This happened to me a few times already. Once this morning when I logged in. I dismissed it. And now just a few seconds ago, twice, about 2050 my time (EST). IM just wondering if its my end somehow since every thing is fine now or if some code is missed up somewhere in the forums creation. Anyone else getting this? This is what was displayed on the website http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@superdeepthroat.undertow.club and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.30 Server at superdeepthroat.undertow.club Port 80

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
This problem has been around for a couple months or so now and I initially thought it was caused by the daily backup running early in the morning (as that used the be the only time I ever ran into it). However, it's been gradually occurring more frequently so now I'm guessing it has to do with the hosting service throttling the site's maximum connections/processes in response to the sudden increase in bandwidth usage as of late, although I'm pretty sure even if this is the cause they'll never admit to it. I spoke to them about it and they told me they increased the maximums for me. Please let me know if the error becomes more or less frequent from today.

Abom713

Potential Patron
This has happened at least every other day I've been on here so far. I just refresh and move on.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
Kicking this one to the top of the list, because seriously, I'm fed up with these errors. Posting posts, editing posts, viewing boards and topics. The server's innards can't handle it.

Scyth118

Potential Patron
I agree, something is off a bit. I have about a 50% chance of getting one with everything I do, from loading a page to posting a reply.

Make sure you copy/paste the text in your post right before you submit it. That way when you get the error you don't have to re-type everything.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
Indeed, the clipboard saved me many times and I keep backup text files of my longest posts. Unfortunately neither help with the attachments that get corrupted when trying to upload those.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Ok so, If you can, post EXACT times that your 500 Internal Server Error's occur. I need time and timezone and how many times it occurs I suppose.

If you can't remember EXACTLY when it happened, don't post about it. The exact times help d£t go through the server error logs.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
Was this already fixed somehow? I got no errors whatsoever trying to upload the last two imports. It couldn't have possibly been a freak coincedence.

Potential Patron
I just got one a little while ago, can't give exact time because I didn't think much of it at the time, but I can at least confirm they haven't gone away completely.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
Right now trying to log in.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@superdeepthroat.undertow.club and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

20:42 GMT +1.

And things looked so bright. Updating with imports has worked four imports in a row without error, however, miraculously.

Edit: 21:35 GMT+1, trying to access the index page.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Hey guys,

Sorry you've been having this issue. I get it randomly across all the sites I have. I figured the frequency of it was the same across the board and if anything it would be the worst on the main Ryonani board as server resource usage wise, it is the biggest. I haven't gotten it more often than once a day so I didn't read too much into it. After checking the logs with the times you guys provided, the most I can divine from it is a very generic PHP error so I'll have to see if my host can see what's going on or at least get me some more details to work with. Thanks for your patience and I'll try my best to have this looked into asap.

I'm also not sure if this was actually a problem for anyone else, but there were a bunch of errors in the logs about the poll bars and statistic bars graphics missing so I just put some generic ones in there. Also, the member that ended up with the Domokun avatar, your avatar was reported missing so I put a placeholder there for you.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
Thank you for looking into it. If it helps, I had an entire series of these errors on August 8th a few minutes up until 14:38 GTM+1 trying to upload an attachment. I haven't encountered them again trying to do this afterwards though.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I've throttled a lot of search engines so they make fewer requests. This is the simplest move to make so far in troubleshooting this problem so please bear with me and keep me informed if the problem persists, gets better, or gets worse. I do have several other changes lined up if there is no improvement.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
I don't know, I haven't had much problems since then... I'm uncertain, but I think this site has more traffic than the main site, if that's what you are referring to about server resource usage.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
Small internal error message received today at 12:23 UTC +1, trying to upload attachments. First since a while when uploading attachments.

Edit, another at 16:02 UTC +1 trying to upload an attachment.

Internal Error Please notify the webmaster at anonymous@undertow.club.

Edit, and another at 16:08, 16:09

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.