If you could make a game with zako ... (1 Viewer)

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
After having a lengthy (and lucid) dream about a zako-fuelled game that was like a cross of Dynamite Cop, God Hand and Streets Of Rage I was wondering ... If you were to make a game, featuring zako or direct said game ... for a new console or PC title; what sort of game would you make? 2D, or 3D? Genre?

What other games and films would you take influence from?

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
It's will be a 3D Action game like God hand or Max Anarchy.
I also want somethink Like Tenchu with Max Anarchy camera too.

Grab moves and counter moves will be in my game too. Along with some QTE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Interesting thread and interesting question.

3d would be nice but it often seems that 3d graphics, if not extremely polished or professionally done, have less life and character to them than decent 2d graphics. So I would probably stick with 2d just for that reason, unless an awesome 3d graphics team could be found.

The variety of zako and the variety of moves would be important, so that whether you're giving or receiving the beating, it could happen in a variety of ways and to/from a variety of characters.

When a character is defeated (whether it be your character or an enemy zako), instead of blinking and disappearing they would remain on screen, barely conscious or completely ko'd...but they could still be interacted with. For example, the zako might continue to taunt or kick the defeated player's character until he/she pressed continue or suffered a complete gameover. Meanwhile, a defeated zako could be picked up and smacked around some more, used as a human shield, thrown at other enemies, dragged or carried, etc. (no need to feel sorry for them since they are baddies after all).

They might continue to react until completely ko'd...and there might be ways to wake them back up, take them prisoner, and/or finish them off completely.

P

PhoDacBiet

My tastes are pretty simple: 3D stealth game (preferably ninja-inspired).

Various ways to dispatch kunoichi zako - but stabbing/impalement and neck-snapping are the two must-haves.

Could be QTE, or, it could be stealth kills with intricate (read: long) animation sequences.

Inspiration? Shinobido and Tenchu.

horatiojones80

Content Creator
Stealth game inspired by splinter cell and hitman. Youd play as a female ninja and you'd have to stealthily take out female guards. Youd do so with a silenced pistol, tranquilzer gun, chloroform or kung fu (like Metal Gear solid it would give you the option of lethal or non lethal) After doing so you could take their disguises and hide their bodies. Thinner girls could be thrown over your shoulder and carried quickly, while heavier girls would have to be dragged, there would be a lot of emphasis on ragdoll physics and charactere models.

Dan Druff

Club Regular
‰Â¤—l‚¨‚˃Vƒ‡ƒ^‚ÃŒ–²‚ðŒÂ©‚é
[video=youtube_share;y1egyW52yrM]http://youtu.be/y1egyW52yrM[/video]
It was posted somewhere in the Zako Fetish thread, but I wanted to mention it again here. It's the game I've always wanted: one male versus all horny females. I would make the player character a little older, but I still like the idea of females taking the initiative on the player. I enjoyed God Hand, but I never enjoyed the controls. A 3D brawler where all the female enemies try to do is molest the only male character (the player) would be awesome.

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
I have to say, I actually prefer the concept of a game that features ryona towards zako and reverse ryona from zako as just an incidental part of gameplay rather than the main focus. Thus, a game where the playable characters have legit goals and missions that require them to defeat a number of enemies, both male and female, and all of the enemies have a variety of moves they can perform upon the playable characters, and the playable characters have a variety of moves they can perform on the enemies, along with other more creative ways of dealing with enemies or obstacles. So rather than a game that focuses exclusively on zako/ryona, instead a game that includes many zako and much ryona as a tangential part of gameplay.
Something a little less blatant than a game about multiple female sex offenders trying to perform sexual attacks on a male player, lol. Something that might appeal to a regular gamer but that would still offer plenty for those of us who enjoy zako and ryona if we should choose to play a certain way.

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
I have to say, I actually prefer the concept of a game that features ryona towards zako and reverse ryona from zako as just an incidental part of gameplay rather than the main focus. Thus, a game where the playable characters have legit goals and missions that require them to defeat a number of enemies, both male and female, and all of the enemies have a variety of moves they can perform upon the playable characters, and the playable characters have a variety of moves they can perform on the enemies, along with other more creative ways of dealing with enemies or obstacles. So rather than a game that focuses exclusively on zako/ryona, instead a game that includes many zako and much ryona as a tangential part of gameplay.
Something a little less blatant than a game about multiple female sex offenders trying to perform sexual attacks on a male player, lol. Something that might appeal to a regular gamer but that would still offer plenty for those of us who enjoy zako and ryona if we should choose to play a certain way.

I think this is a really good point ... and where games such as Streets Of Rage and Dynamite Cop (dreamcast) amongst others excel. God Hand has it's moments for this, too as do some others. Having the uniformed-esque ultra vixens mingling between the male punks and taking formation behind them, the ability to throw them or have other enemies thrown at them (killing a male enemy with the flying body of one of these women is quite satisfying! What a way to go.) are good points of the overall experience. Likewise with Dynamite Cop, where female enemies often go for and carry heavy weaponry, and can be taken out alongside male enemies and are put into different situations, and so on.

Dan Druff

Club Regular
How does one beat the first boss?
If you're referring to the demo, you defeat the boss by attacking her after she misses her super move. She flashes when she does it, and she falls down if she misses, so you only have a short time to attack. Holding the "a" key makes the player completely invulnerable but immobile, so you can exploit it to make all the enemies miss their attacks.

D

Deleted member 687

How does one beat the first boss?

How did you get the game to work? I set the language settings to japanese and it still doesn't work. Game pops up for a second and vanishes. Tried admin and compatibility modes but still nothing. Is there something I'm missing? Running windows 7.

EDIT: Nevermind. Had to reextract the folder.

whiteninja

Potential Patron
A few years ago I fiddled around with BOR but I wasn't satisfied with how the throws worked (damage was fixed and all it was is a literal "throw") But It seems more advanced now as openbor with lots of scripting options and whatnot. I wanted to make a game where the zakos used moves like suplexes or pile drivers or something similar and it causes more damage to you than your own attacks do (bonus points if the screen shakes) and it seems like this is possible now but I would need to learn the scripting.

Also it seems possible to have different attacks cause different effects like blood (remember those female enemies from final fight 2?) Or even have a death from one of these attacks cut the character in half like captain commando.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
i've wanted to mess with openBOR as well, but i just don't have enough knowledge as far as scripting and such. setting up throws seems really complicated, and i don't think i've ever seen a single openBOR game use a default grab, like say the one from the ninja turtles games or from the zack enemies in streets of rage 3.

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
A few years ago I fiddled around with BOR but I wasn't satisfied with how the throws worked (damage was fixed and all it was is a literal "throw") But It seems more advanced now as openbor with lots of scripting options and whatnot. I wanted to make a game where the zakos used moves like suplexes or pile drivers or something similar and it causes more damage to you than your own attacks do (bonus points if the screen shakes) and it seems like this is possible now but I would need to learn the scripting.

That sounds lovely. Dynamite Deka (Die Hard Arcade) and God Hand are two of the only games that meet this criteria (I think) ..

D

Dogfish

For me the nearly perfect Zako game almost exists, literally one design choice away. That game would be Batman: Arkham City. If that game had let you play as Catwoman and pick off the female goons rather than male ones, that's that, perfect game. As it is though, due to cruel fate, only Batman gets to fight female goons (and then he doesn't get to pick them off from the shadows as he does with men) and Catwoman only ever gets to fight male characters. Putting the Catwoman character up against an army of Batman villain styled female mooks would be about perfect. Only other change would be to make the takedown move animations take a little longer. Velvet Assassin against female enemies would have been great too, had their been less emphasis on stabbing people and more choking/sleepers/suffocation/poison etc. It'd definitely have to be a stealth based game with fighting as an option, rather than the only approach though.

Also hi, first post. :D

Joe Bloggs

Club Regular
Welcome!

You mention Velvet Assassin. Various walkthroughs have mentioned the heroine donning an SS uniform as a disguise. Naturally this piques my interest. The question I have is whether or not this acquisition of said disguise requires a shapely SS Frau to be permanently put out of service for the greater good?

D

Dogfish

Welcome!

You mention Velvet Assassin. Various walkthroughs have mentioned the heroine donning an SS uniform as a disguise. Naturally this piques my interest. The question I have is whether or not this acquisition of said disguise requires a shapely SS Frau to be permanently put out of service for the greater good?

Sadly not. The uniform is just lying around. The targets are all German male soldiers. She wouldn't be able to use a uniform if she took it from a victim as she has a habit of messily stabbing people (gas mask removal kills notwithstanding).

Joe Bloggs

Club Regular
Shame. Damn shame. Would it have killed the developers to have hapless SS Helferin to bump off? Guess the soldiers don't bat an eyelid at a random female strolling around either!

Dan Druff

Club Regular
It took me a long time to reply because I've been playing the onesyota PC game; it's just too fun. I still rather have a game like Bishin Densetsu Zoku for Super Famicom where only the player is male and all the enemies are female. Not every female enemy has to try to rape the male player, but some should. It could be a 3D game where the male character is taken to a prison full of women who want to take his life, manhood, or both.

D

Dogfish

Shame. Damn shame. Would it have killed the developers to have hapless SS Helferin to bump off? Guess the soldiers don't bat an eyelid at a random female strolling around either!

They do pay some attention, though obviously less, though it's harder to sneak in disguise because of the noise of the heels (which is an interesting feature in the game). All things considered though it's an interesting character and a fairly good game they didn't do too well with it. Would have preferred something along the lines of the Hitman games but with a wartime setting and a female protagonist myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.