Ideas? what could disadvantagous equipment do? (1 Viewer)

Thinker

Potential Patron
I was just puttering around on ideas for a sidescroller with some RPG elements, mostly consisting of upgrading your equipment ... so the normal route is buy better equipment and you do more damage, survive longer, etc.

I thought of buying 'skimpy' armour they actually doesn't protect as well, but I was wondering what other ideas could you throw on 'bad' equipment for your ryona heroine ... what stuff could you buy her to add to the punishment? In other words how equipment screws our girl over.

mm_mml

Avid Affiliate
Equipment that shocks and paralyzes her for a moment if she gets too many times in a row or something?

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
It's hard to give ideas when we hardly know what you've planned.
If I assume the game will be like many other Ryona games something like skimpy clothes influences the AI to use their dangerous special attacks more often, enemies can use parts of the heroines clothing for special attacks, e.g. use ribbons to strangle her (one of the heroines in Jade Empire wears clothes like that), "heavy" armor (can be something ridiculous like the infamous chainmail bikini) is louder and thus enemies come towards the heroine from a greater distance.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, hard to give good ideas without knowing what you're doing.
Stuff wouldn't even necessarily have to be strictly bad, though-- you could have all the equipment in the game with big advantage/disadvantages..
*An item that makes the heroine immune to fire, but a cold attack then freezes her for several seconds. Similarly, something that makes her immune to cold, but fire exhausts her and she can't run/jump for a bit.
*Heavier armor makes her take less damage from certain sources, but also slows her down and reduces her jump height significantly, making it harder to avoid attacks. Could also make her vulnerable to certain other things targeting her armor (Magnet traps, etc). There's also the "harder to swim" aspect..
*Plant-based armor that makes her immune to poison, but certain enemies/traps can cause the viney bits to animate and bind/constrict.

etc... Could also have curses/traps that override her equipment with purely bad items for a time, as well.

Thinker

Potential Patron
I suppose the best way to describe it is a game based off such games Popful Mail, Monster Land with a slightly less chibi character design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.