Her Name Text Box (1 Viewer)

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
I would like to request a mod where you can set the girl's name to something you type in a text box, like the one you see under the custom tab on the in-game menu that you use to set the guy's name, as you can see on the attached image. It's rather cumbersome to have to set her name on a character code file, and when I do put a character code file in a character folder I create, the specified clothing mods sometimes don't load completely. I do hope this can be done.
-Antimatter42

Attachments

• Inkedscreenshot0001_LI.jpg
    Inkedscreenshot0001_LI.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 246

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
You can do this with dialogue actions, I recently saw a dialogue that did exactly this but I can't find it in my files
Have you happened to find find this dialogue yet? If not, do you remember the name of the dialogue, or the author of it?

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
I don't know the dialogue he's talking about but I imagine you could use [SETVARBYNAME_localVar1_localVar2] with da.him.name and da.her.name. From the DA documentation:
"[SETVARBYNAME_localVar1_localVar2] - Sets localVar1's value to localVar2's value."

[SETVARBYNAME_da.her.name_da.him.name]

The dialogue prompts you to - for example - type in her name and then pull her up. You type in her name in the text box and then you have a
pulled_up line with the trigger. The dialogue then prompts you to type in his name and pull her down. The pulled_down line then initiates the dialogue.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
I don't know the dialogue he's talking about but I imagine you could use [SETVARBYNAME_localVar1_localVar2] with da.him.name and da.her.name. From the DA documentation:
"[SETVARBYNAME_localVar1_localVar2] - Sets localVar1's value to localVar2's value."

[SETVARBYNAME_da.her.name_da.him.name]

The dialogue prompts you to - for example - type in her name and then pull her up. You type in her name in the text box and then you have a
pulled_up line with the trigger. The dialogue then prompts you to type in his name and pull her down. The pulled_down line then initiates the dialogue.
Interesting. I'll try this out later on as I learn more about writing loader dialogues. Thanks.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
I tried it and realized that da.her.name is read only. It still works, but you have to use a custom variable for her name meaning you couldn't just add this to an existing dialogue without also replacing every instance of ME with customname.

Code:
initial_settings:{"customname":"startname"}

start:"[BUTTON1_ON]Please enter the girls name as the Dialogue name and press Enter" {"set":{"da.button1.name":"Enter"}}

pulled_up:"Hello my name is *customname*"

button1:"[setname][SETVARBYNAME_customname_da.him.name] Pressing button"

setname:"Setting girl name to *customname*"

It'd be horrific to play with opening and closing the menu but you could actually use this system to turn SDT into an old school text adventure.

What's your name sir?
Open door.

Last edited:

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Ohh. That's really interesting. I wonder if anyone's done this yet. Otherwise, maybe I'll take on this challenge once I master all of the technical aspects of dialogue writing.

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
I love dialogueactions.

Enter her name into the box for his name, press "set her name", and that's it.
It breaks if you try to enter a name with a space in it (and probably other special characters as well), which is probably fixable but I haven't had my coffee yet.

Attachments

Set her name.txt.zip
331 bytes · Views: 180

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.