Help with silly problem with hairs.. (1 Viewer)

cagonzon

Potential Patron
Hey there, when I updated to the new version 1.16.1b the other day, all my saved characters stopped working. The thumbnails were there, but the hair imports didn't work. And my attempts to do the same process that had worked for me before has left me feeling like a complete jackass, because it's not working. I'm hoping one of you can save me from what is probably a silly mistake I'm making. take pity on me please...

1. So I make the costume changes and everything I want to the basic model. Now I want to add a hair.
View attachment 2

Attachments

• sdt1.jpg
    sdt1.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 181
  • sdt2.jpg
    sdt2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 165
  • sdt3.jpg
    sdt3.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 155
  • sdt4.jpg
    sdt4.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 153
  • sdt5.jpg
    sdt5.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 183

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
remove the "sdt_reika.png" from the filepath and see if that works...

Did you click the arrow after you wrote the correct path?

I copy pasted my path before the filename and added a '\' and it stayed red until I hit the arrow.

cagonzon

Potential Patron
Anonymous said:

I copy pasted my path before the filename and added a '\' and it stayed red until I hit the arrow.

Yeah I did hit the arrow, it stays the same

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
cagonzon said:
Anonymous said:

it possible that your path to that hair file is incorrect or inaccessible.

cagonzon

Potential Patron
Anonymous said:
cagonzon said:
Anonymous said:

you know what? I remembered Tech support 101.. I opened it in Chrome and it worked just fine.. and I do the same thing in Firefox, same paths, and I get an error.. so guess what? screw Firefox!

thanks a lot anyway for your help!

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
cagonzon said:
Anonymous said:
cagonzon said:
Anonymous said:

you know what? I remembered Tech support 101.. I opened it in Chrome and it worked just fine.. and I do the same thing in Firefox, same paths, and I get an error.. so guess what? screw Firefox!

thanks a lot anyway for your help!
If something doesn't work... ALWAYS test in the standalone player, it is superior in every fashion.

Mak

Content Creator
Anonymous said:
If something doesn't work... ALWAYS test in the standalone player, it is superior in every fashion.

If adobe would just include the stand alone with their browser updates it would negate a ridiculous amount of issues everywhere.

If you download a swf rather than just open it on a site the stand alone is always the best option. Otherwise there can easily be problems caused by the browser for various reasons. If you don't want the stand alone, Anonymous always makes a projector image (.exe) when the updates come to the site in the news section, use those instead. It should solve your issues as long as your browser updates are automatic.

I don't mean you specifically cagonzon, you solved your issue. I'm just trying to expand Anonymous' tips for anyone who might actually read this before asking.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Mak said:
Anonymous said:

If adobe would just include the stand alone with their browser updates it would negate a ridiculous amount of issues everywhere.

If you download a swf rather than just open it on a site the stand alone is always the best option. Otherwise there can easily be problems caused by the browser for various reasons. If you don't want the stand alone, Anonymous always makes a projector image (.exe) when the updates come to the site in the news section, use those instead. It should solve your issues as long as your browser updates are automatic.

I don't mean you specifically cagonzon, you solved your issue. I'm just trying to expand Anonymous' tips for anyone who might actually read this before asking.
Ha, I just realized I have standalone v11.0 instead of 11.3, it is pretty weak that you have to go download it every time.

But usually your version should work, if it doesn't, update, after the update if it still doesn't work, then there is a problem.

HentaiBob

Potential Patron
cagonzon said:
Anonymous said:

Looks like you entered the complete path.
As for my understanding of this, you just have to enter the relative path.
For example:
My "SuperDeepthroat1_16_1b.swf" file lies in the "Download" folder and I sorted all my hairstyles in different folders for the different anime.
So all "my" (you know what I mean :P) One Piece hairstyles and backgrounds are in the folder "One Piece", which itself is in the "Download" folder.
Lets say I want to add a nami char. The hairstyle "nami.png" is in the just mentioned "One Piece" folder.
After loading the hairstyle like you explained in steps 1 to 4, I too have to correct the path before I can save my char.
All I do now is change the not working:
"nami.png" to "One Piece\nami.png"
and press "enter"
Now the path should be green and I am able to save this example char ^^

Really hope I could help you with this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.