Help with hair mod (Tomb Raider 2013) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSmokeALot

Potential Patron
For some reason this mod is broken, it only changes the colour of the ponytail.
Can someone please have a look and fix this ? It's the best red colour hair I have found
My own efforts have not produced a result..

Here are all the files for this mod - .tpf, .dds and .def
DarkRedHair

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
For some reason this mod is broken, it only changes the colour of the ponytail.
Can someone please have a look and fix this ? It's the best red colour hair I have found
My own efforts have not produced a result..

Here are all the files for this mod - .tpf, .dds and .def
DarkRedHair

Who made the mod? Most of the modders here will not alter someone else's mod without permission of the originator. Your best bet is to contact the originator.
Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

SirSmokeALot

Potential Patron
Mharius is the person who made it, but he hasn't been here for quite a while.
View Profile: Mharius - Game Vixen Zone

But how can it be called altering the mod ? It's making it work as it should, fixing it.
Just give all credit to him then..

I can't get any of the .tpfs I create to load in-game thats why I'm here

Last edited by a moderator:

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Sending you a PM.
very respectfully,
fleet

xellos49698

Content Creator
Look like to me the face texture isn't being picked up... Maybe the side hair too. You can recopy the face texture, side hair texture and pony tail texture.

First, open up the DDS files using Paint.exe, which is a free program you can download online, this will let you see what in game Texture's were copied over.

Download Tex mod and use the logging mod to copy Lara's face texture, side hair texture and pony tail texture from the game Tomb Raider 2013 to your desktop. (FYI you will get a txt document make sure you don't delete it, it's important!) {The side har texture and pony tail texture will be blank with no hair on them.}

Then open up the BMP files using (MsPaint you windows paint brush program) and then copy Mharius face texture, side hair texture and pony tail texture over the BMP files. Save them as BMP, DDS is not important for modding Tomb Raiders.

Now switch to Package Build and click the definition file folder and select the txt document. Then make up a creator name and select Build. Then choose a name for the mod, for example, red hair. Relaunch the game using Tex mod and that Lara texture will have red hair.

Keep in mind your going to have to quit the game and do this again each time the developer changes Lara's texture, which I think this is 9 times if you want cut scenes with Lara with Red hair and just 5 times if it's just game play your after.

SirSmokeALot

Potential Patron
Yes I am doing everything correctly. I have tested it every possible way, but I still can't get my textures to appear in-game for some reason..
That is why I am asking someone for help

xellos49698

Content Creator
Sigh, what I'm saying is that the mod is broken and that it needs to be fixed. I just gave you detailed instruction on how you can fix it. (It will take you maybe 15 minutes at most per Lara hair texture update) Just everytime the game texture changes, quit your game, boot up loggin mod, copy over the textures you copied to your desktop, Package Build and click the definition file folder and select the txt document and save until you beat the game.

I don't have the time myself to help you with this. I'm moving into my first home and trying very hard not to kill my phone company at the moment.

SirSmokeALot

Potential Patron
And I already said, whatever I try I can't get any of my textures to appear.

I have read multiple tutorials, I am doing everything correctly, my input can not be the issue.
For example -
1. I extract .tpf using TPFextract.
2. I immediately use Package Build to make the same exact mod again, but with my PC
3. It will not appear in-game.

Two indetical .tpf files, exactly the same size, one is downloaded, one is made with my computer.
Downloaded one works, my version doesn't.

xellos49698

Content Creator
That's why your are still having problem. Using Package Build on a broken mod isn't going to restore the mod.

You need to go into the game using loggin mod, and search for Lara's head texture and the two small files with little squares on them. Then use "enter" to copy them to either a folder or your desktop.

A fresh Txt document will be created that isn't broken along with BMP files that are directly from your game that work.

Then open up the BMP files you copied, which are unmoded and paste over them with the DDS files already created and moded by Mharius.

Save your working files as BMP and delete Mharius DDS files or move them into another folder if they aren't already. You can't use anything from the old corupted mod except the images themselves; which you are pasting over the original game images you just copied to mod the game.

Then go Package Build and select your new TXT file you create automaticaly when you copied the texture from your game. When you rebuild the mod, this time the textures will show up in game. Select the new mod in Package mod, and relaunch the game using tex mod.

However, as i said before, your going to have to do this more then once for the mod to work for the whole game because the developers reskined Lara a half a dozen time through out the game.

SirSmokeALot

Potential Patron
It was much easier to just copy the texture codes from Mharius Ultimate mod.
The hair works in that mod, but I didn't like the other things featured there.
0x785587AD|
0x6DBE3354|
0xEBEFD3F4|
0xAC375017|
0x02CFB8DF|
0x30C3B265|
0xBAB138F8|
0xA47E816E|
0xFA5A464E|

So in the end all I needed was BMP files instead of DDS..
Anyway many thanks for the help, red hair works perfectly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.