Help! Problem w/ body mod template. (1 Viewer)

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Hello,

I'm 95% finished with a body mod that is currently registered as various clothing items. I'd like to register it as a body mod to avoid weird layering issues but I've run into a problem. I have <var overwrite:Boolean> set to false and have converted the reference layer to a Guide. Everything works the way you'd want it to on most parts but as you can see on this test mod it doesn't work the same way on the "Chest" and the "Breast" parts.

bgisvjb.jpg

It's the same whether I use the vanilla template or the extended template by sby sby . Is there a fix for this?

Thanks for your time!
/DSE

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
got the mod to test stuff with?
also curious, what happens if you change her skin type?

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Sure,

When I change skin type everything stays the same except for the skin type. Nothing appears or disappears.

I've attached the .fla but to save you time: I followed the same exact steps for each body part. Turn the reference layer into a guide, create a new layer and draw onto that, left the body layer as is.

@moderators: I'll delete these files once they're no longer needed.

EDIT: Deleted test mod files

Last edited:

Faceless

Content Creator
Her chest disappearing is an old issue that isn't ever going to get fixed, because it's a bug in how SDT itself loads body mods.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Her chest disappearing is an old issue that isn't ever going to get fixed, because it's a bug in how SDT itself loads body mods.

Wow, that sucks. Thank you for letting me know.

Now since I have the attention of two veterans of action script: Is there a way to make a costume mod always load beneath other costume mods?
My mod is a massive tattoo (Jack from Mass Effect) and I'd love to be able to first load a shirt for instance and then load the tattoo and have it just work without the user needing to worry about anything.

Also, is anyone aware of an asset with her skin? It'd be sweet to just insert that as a layer. Given that the mod is so specific noone would be interested in using it with some character other than Jack, so being able to change skin type is a non-issue.

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
found the bug in the setbreast function, will see if i can throw together something to correctly check for overwrite flags on mods placed on the target elements

sby

Content Creator
Coder
uploaded

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
uploaded
What would we ever do without you? Seriously: what would we ever do without you?! I have a sense that this community wouldn't be half as big as it is without your endless stream of improvements to the game. Big big thank you!

I've tried it. It works well as far as I can tell. I tried loading it from the modding tab and via moreclothing with bodymodpatch installed and it works the way it's supposed to. When loaded via charfolder the body template didn't load properly but the armwear did (I still have the arms as armwear because the body template doesn't have all the positions of the hands and arms). I don't know however if that's related to bodymodpatch since I normally just add stuff to moreclothing.

Worth noting is that it loads the skin of the Back part on top of the body mod on the Chest part. I haven't considered what implications it would have for people wanting to make body mods that actually alter the body rather than just slap some paint onto it, but I'll note that for at least my purposes the ideal layering would be from bottom to top 1. Chest skin 2. Back skin 3. Chest mod 4. Back mod. That's a very minor issue that meant a bit of extra work but didn't affect the end result. Without this I would've been forced to crop several parts of the tattoo in the borders between the different body parts.

Here's the mod I made.

Gratefully/
DSE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.