Help Applying Mods (1 Viewer)

TempestNoirStar

Potential Patron
Hey all.
I've known about SDT for years but never got into modding it. Now I wanna learn. I figured I'd start with adding mods to my game and then eventually learn to make my own mods for the community. Sadly I currently only have a Nexus 7 so nothing too hardcore, but I can play using Loader and a Flash player. I have been trying to add mods to ModGuy's loader. I've done this over and over for multiple mods

place mod.swf and mod_setting.txt in mods\$init$ folder. Write mod.swf path in mod.txt

I checked and double checked to make sure I wrote everything correctly. Yet when I start the loader, nothing is there. I also can't manually load anything, probably because Flash Game Player sucks, but it's the only app I found that will run the loader. Can someone please help me?

some_dude

Content Creator
Hello and welcome!

I think file paths on Android are case-sensitive. Have you checked if the filenames and paths have the same capitalization (if that is even a word)?

Btw I think the text file should be called "Mods.txt" and not "mod.txt". I don't know of the capital M is required though.

Btw does the game start properly or does it say that it can't find "SDT.swf"?

TempestNoirStar

Potential Patron
Hey. Thanks for the welcome. The txt is capitalized. I even tried just putting the mod I'm trying to test with in the same default folder as the ones that load with the loader. At first I did get that error, but I decompressed everything from scratch and that fixed the problem. Later tonight I plan to try everything on a friend's Windows laptop via TeamViewer and a virtual machine just to see if it works. If it works there then it might be that for some reason it hates my tablets. I am still hunting for better ways to use Flash on Android. Years ago I just installed an old supported version, but it didn't work trying that way this time.

some_dude

Content Creator
Running it on android has always been kinda tricky as far as I can tell. I've seen a few people say that they've managed to make it work, but mostly not. I've also had it work on an old version of Flash on an old version of Android, but I've never been able to make it run again after I updated it (I don't remember if I ever got the Loader to work though).

Did you download the Loader with a bundle? If so you should be able to tell if it can load any of the mods that comes with it. You can find them here: SDT Loader or sby loaderpack

Best of luck!

Billy-Bob-Da-Hilly

Content Creator
2D Artist
Modder
Welcome.

If you put the .swf in the same folder as "mods.txt", then you only need to put "[mod name].swf" in the .txt file. If you want, for organization, you can make another folder in the "$INIT$" folder to put the .swf and its settings file in (so you can keep the .swf and its settings file in one spot) and name it the same as the mod.

"$INIT$/FolderForMyMod" then put the .swf and its settings file in that new folder.

Only then will you have to specify the path of the .swf in the "mods.txt" file.

In "mods.txt": "FolderForMyMod/MyMod.swf"

I'd also copy the settings file for that .swf into the "settings" folder, it's in the same folder as "loader.swf"

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Sadly I currently only have a Nexus 7 so nothing too hardcore, but I can play using Loader and a Flash player.
He's using a phone guys, there is no working method to run the loader on android. Android has done work to make running flash more and more impossible and since the loader requires side files to run its actually impossible in this case. Even with my old method $INT$ never worked.

Billy-Bob-Da-Hilly

Content Creator
2D Artist
Modder
Copying the $INIT$ folder and turning it into a character folder then loading it manually works, it's the same thing I do for the electron loader.

But at that point it just seems like too much just to play it on mobile at around 10-15 FPS.

TempestNoirStar

Potential Patron
Still must be doing something wrong.
The one I'm trying to start with is the Zero Suit Samus add-on. Figured that would help get my feet wet.
Folder is ZSS. I put it in the mods folder and in the Mods.txt I did ZSS/ZSS.swf
I then copied the ZSS.txt and put one in the settings folder.
Upon running the loader, nothing is different with it. The add-on isn't there, my Loader tab still has nothing in it and I can't get any response from the buttons in the Modding tab to try and manually add something

* Edit * didn't add to character folder. Let me try that now and see what happens.... After that test. I really think part of the problem, at least with manually loading is the Flash Player. But still no success

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.